E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Inspection sticker expired

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 11:39 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay! my inspection sticker expired back in Nov. I was kind of busy and lazy to call the dealer and get a replacement.

Okay, I called the dealer on Wednesday and they told me i could take the car on Friday at 11.45am.

My office is about 1 to 2 miles from the dealer. It is on the major road in my town. I pass by daily. It is the only major road that has everything; the malls, circuit city, restaurants, etc.

I got out of my office around 11:.00am. At 11:04 , 11 minutes before my appoitment and about 0.04 miles from the dealer, a cop stop it. Guess what? he gave me a ticket for having an expired inspection sticker.

I just drove away with a smile on my face saying "next time dont be so lazy".

He told me to plead not guilty and to show prove that i inspected the car.

Anyone one else with similar story?
Old 03-05-2005, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

My car automatically called the dealer on March 1st with a service request because my inspection runs out at the end of March. The dealer called me on March 2nd and an appointment is already set and I'll be good to go in a week or so -- I'll get a loaner and they'll take care of a couple outstanding minor issues as well.

Quick tip: Double check your service settings in iDrive and make sure that the dealer programmed the proper expiration dates for things like inspections, etc.
Old 03-05-2005, 12:11 PM
JDN
Contributors

Good advice. In Texas, the initial inspection is good for two years. So, come March 2006 . . .
Old 03-05-2005, 04:39 PM
Senior Members

I gotta a great story like that one, but even better (maybe).

A few years ago I ordered the license plate renewal sticker by mail which came to my home my wife put it in a drawer without telling me about its arrival.

One week after the plate/sticker expired, a cop pulled me over and gave me a ticket for a 1 week expired plate. He looked up the registration and plate status on his computer, but decided anyway to give me a ticket.

Then he looked at my license and realized that it too was one week overdue for renewal. So he gave me a ticket for that also!

Then I asked him if I could drive the car back to my office and he said no, since I had no valid driver license.

He also forced me to pull over at a NO PARKING ANYTIME location on a city street. So I asked him if I'd get a 3rd ticket for leaving the car in that location. He said he wouldn't give me one, but maybe another officer coming by soon wouldn't know about the 1st 2 tickets and might give me a 3rd ticket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-05-2005, 06:34 PM
JDN
Contributors

Sounds like a real p***k!
Old 03-05-2005, 10:32 PM
Senior Members

i once got pulled over because i turned left on green but w/o waiting for the stupid left arrow light. it was dark, no oncoming traffic and the light was right under a big tree which almost impossible to read the sign. the cop pulled me over and asked for my insurance. i was shocked when he told me it's expired . he gave me two tickets and i have to go to court. i called up my insurance agent the very next day after i got the tix and asked him to issue me a new insurance card with a earlier effective date . i showed it to the judge and case dismissed .