E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

INPA Error for Central Gateway Module?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 10:16 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All,
Can someone advice on how I can get into ZGM module as its the only remaining item that has an error.

When I try to access this module (the rest work).
INPA Error for Central Gateway Module?-zgm_screen1.jpg

I get this error, which I think is related to DATEN files but every other module works in NCE-Expert and INPA.
INPA Error for Central Gateway Module?-zgm_screen2.jpg

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks,
Mark
Old 02-20-2012, 11:09 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What version of DATEN do you have? Have you tried updating?
Old 02-20-2012, 12:46 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

You're referring to the EWS? Usually when you get this error it's because your car does not have that. EWS is your immobilizer(ZGM on the E65) and I wouldnt be messing with that if I were you. Unless you would like it to become unsynced with your DME and then what will you do? .... Seeming that you do not have Progman. You could do it through WINKPF if you were so inclined but you have to have the ZUSB first. Make sure you have everything printed or copied before you work. Similar to what is called a "measures plan" in Progman. There is a reason why the software does this. You really need to do a 1,2,3 before beginning any work. Unless you're like m and like to sink or swim

Do Chassis Gateway module on your E60 buddy not the ZGM but rather KGM
The following users liked this post:
Sidnarciso (12-03-2023)
Old 02-21-2012, 06:20 AM
Members

Originally Posted by AchtungE60
You're referring to the EWS? Usually when you get this error it's because your car does not have that. EWS is your immobilizer(ZGM on the E65) and I wouldnt be messing with that if I were you. Unless you would like it to become unsynced with your DME and then what will you do? .... Seeming that you do not have Progman. You could do it through WINKPF if you were so inclined but you have to have the ZUSB first. Make sure you have everything printed or copied before you work. Similar to what is called a "measures plan" in Progman. There is a reason why the software does this. You really need to do a 1,2,3 before beginning any work. Unless you're like m and like to sink or swim

Do Chassis Gateway module on your E60 buddy not the ZGM but rather KGM
Hi,
I am using the DATEN v42 I think, can't remember right now as I'm at work.
The reason I am trying to access it so to read the error, INPA shows an error on the module when I scan the car, and when it clears all errors it always returns on this module.
So only want to get it opened to read the error.

I had the EWS and CAS fall out of sync already, thankfully INPA was able to get then back in sync without much issue, but wasn't nice having a paper weight for over an hour while I figured out what had happened :-)
There is a chasis module listed I think but when i tried to access it in INPA it said it doesn't exist in the car?

Any other advise?

Thanks,
Mark
Old 02-22-2012, 12:21 AM
Senior Members

Well you have Progman all setup now so you're ready to rock and roll...id guess that someone updated this car's VO and you have an error because it thinks the module exists. I may be wrong but just an idea. Now you can use Progman to align CAS-EWS or you can just simply use the WINKFP we set up. when you go through it and click on special you will see align option.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:16 AM
Members

Originally Posted by AchtungE60
Well you have Progman all setup now so you're ready to rock and roll...id guess that someone updated this car's VO and you have an error because it thinks the module exists. I may be wrong but just an idea. Now you can use Progman to align CAS-EWS or you can just simply use the WINKFP we set up. when you go through it and click on special you will see align option.
Hi,
Just tested SSS and after I select the model (thanks for that) it now says the interface cannot connect and goes no further.
I haven't looked too much into it yet, but I noticed IFH-Service is not getting an IP in the taskbar which may be related.

I decided to try coding with WinKFP and select my phone module in the car, and used its ZUSB number and selected Program (is that the right button as it didn't show software version).
Its now updating over an hour which I thought it would be quick for a basic module.

INPA Error for Central Gateway Module?-e60_phone_flash.png

Don't want to side track this post now, but will look at SS once this flash finishes as its easier to figure out what needs updating when I get that running, and hopefully "Program" was the right button lol

I'll also look at getting DIS v57 to help with the error reported above.

Thanks
Old 02-22-2012, 04:50 PM
Senior Members

I sent you a PM. It's because you have a MOST enabled vehicle. I can fix all of that for you but you're probably sleeping by now. lol
And that is why I STRESS OVER AND OVER AND OVER, that these guys over on BMW Coding forum are giving bad info and giving links to some cheap ass cable. I was just reading another thread about it. So 1 hour and it was still flashing...this sounds about right depending on the module. Updating an entire car can take a lot longer than that and without a real cable you're screwed. But anyway just PM me when you're ready so I can fix your Progman
Old 12-31-2013, 07:59 AM
New Members

Sorry for reviving an old thread but I'm going to have to disagree here. I have a similar issue and for some reason ZGM = KGM. The errors in the KGM read through DIS are the same errors showing in INPA for ZGM. If I read the UIF ZUSB for the ZGM it's 9197316. This doesn't get listed in WinKFP if you choose the KGM60 module

Either that, or something weird is going on
Old 03-17-2022, 03:56 PM
Probation Members

My Ride: 528i
Default H

Hello, sorry to disturb you. Do you know how to fix this issue? Can help me out please, please? THANKS