E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Info before BMW Service

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007 | 02:27 AM
Members

My Ride: MY05 545i
Arrow

Hi Guys!

I've to do the oil service to my MY04 545i

and I've some little question...

My car has never beed updated since is born ( I think...) I've to mp3 feature activated and "old" phone in the BT lists...
(My Nokia 9300i have problems to be paired)

Do you know what is the leatest CIP version available?
My dealer told me "NO! If you don't have big problems we don't do any CIP upgrade because it's really risky..."
It's this true or my dealer don't know the 545i??? (here in Italy is really a strange version, 530d and 535d are the common one)

I've Professional Navi system with Logic7 and CD Charger, can I plug also this : (see also attached pdf file)
RETROFIT KIT,
AUXILIARY CONNECTION 1 09/2006 65120153502 $83.70
See EBA 0153504,
EBA 0395827
or I've to unplug the CD Charger?
Do I need some reprogramming of the car??

(My dealer don't know nothing about this )

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!
Old 09-03-2007 | 05:28 AM
Contributors

Ok first thing ... find another dealer that knows what a BMW is...!

The CIP upgrade should not really be called "risky" but they will charge for it unless it is to fix a fault, as it is many hours of work (although not all supervised, I think once plugged in and "go" is pressed, they have to leave it to do it's magic unattended). You can of course however look through the lists of what various CIP versions fix and complain that your car is experiencing some of those symptoms

The aux input does need to be switched on by the dealer with reprogramming. The fact that the dealer knows nothing about this option, which has been available as a dealer fit option for 3 or 4 years, is disturbing. A dealer should never say "I don't know". A dealer should say "I will check that for you sir" and then come back with an accurate answer.

Seriously, find another dealer, your current one sounds useless...!
Old 09-03-2007 | 06:54 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Russ1974' post='465279' date='Sep 3 2007, 03:28 PM
Ok first thing ... find another dealer that knows what a BMW is...!

The CIP upgrade should not really be called "risky" I think once plugged in and "go" is pressed, they have to leave it to do it's magic unattended).

I Agree with U....

You can of course however look through the lists of what various CIP versions fix and complain that your car is experiencing some of those symptoms

Interesting.... where I can find this "list"?From the dealer or on the net (any link?)

A dealer should say "I will check that for you sir" and then come back with an accurate answer.

I Agree with U...also because I've the unique 545I in town!!!!!! (1.5 milion of people!!)

Seriously, find another dealer, your current one sounds useless...!

Does any Italian (near Turin or Milan...northen Italy) can tell me a GOOD BMW Address??!?!

Help.. I'm under blackmailing of my dealer
Old 09-03-2007 | 07:57 AM
Contributors

I did a quick search on the forum and found this;

http://forums.e60.net/lofiversion/index.php/t38955.html

It's from March 2007 but assuming your last software upgrade is from before this date, mentioning some of the problems there should get you upgraded to the latest version (as they won't upgrade you to anything but the latest version which will include those fixes). If you follow the link in the above thread you'll get some more problems listed which may be more suitable to report. Stating that your CD sometimes continues to play after turning the car off seems like a popular one
Old 09-03-2007 | 11:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by V8Kibrit' post='465240' date='Sep 3 2007, 06:27 AM
Hi Guys!

I've to do the oil service to my MY04 545i

and I've some little question...

My car has never beed updated since is born ( I think...) I've to mp3 feature activated and "old" phone in the BT lists...
(My Nokia 9300i have problems to be paired)

Do you know what is the leatest CIP version available?
My dealer told me "NO! If you don't have big problems we don't do any CIP upgrade because it's really risky..."
It's this true or my dealer don't know the 545i??? (here in Italy is really a strange version, 530d and 535d are the common one)

I've Professional Navi system with Logic7 and CD Charger, can I plug also this : (see also attached pdf file)
RETROFIT KIT,
AUXILIARY CONNECTION 1 09/2006 65120153502 $83.70
See EBA 0153504,
EBA 0395827
or I've to unplug the CD Charger?
Do I need some reprogramming of the car??

(My dealer don't know nothing about this )

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!
No difference in software or upgrades or aftermarket items between e60 models except of course for DME or DDE (the engine electronics).

Not sure if you are saying you want MP3 capability or you have MP3 capability.

MP3 capability came with PROGMAN (CIP) v20.00.00 and higher for older e60s. It is called a "retrofit" and has to be performed by dealer when installing an upgrade (or if you already were at v20.00.00 or higher they could just do the retrofit).

AUX Input should be a simple but you pay for parts and labor. Also a "retrofit" to code into the entertainment system. Does NOT cause you to lose the 6CDC or anything else. As long as you are upgraded to PROGMAN (CIP) 25.00.00 or higher the AUX will also be available thru the steering wheel button (if you do program one for entertainment source). Prior to v25 it was not included in the button cycle on older e60s.

Russ1974 provided a link to a link to PROGMAN 25.00.00. That will give you a list of things you might have wrong and could drive an upgrade. Although the versions numbers are higher now, there are no more vehicle fixes.

Deeper in that thread is the published Service Bulletin on any PROGMAN updates up to today. http://forums.e60.net/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=428227

Dealers are told very strongly by BMW not to upgrade software unless the software is expected to fix a known problem.
Old 09-06-2007 | 01:34 AM
Members

HI!

Thanks to all!

mmm sorry... I mean at the moment I've no MP3
and no AUX IN menu on the Idrive
only TV and Cd charger

I've to ask also to cancel the error on the dash "engine failure" fix in orange..

Do you think I can ask the dealer to fix the software and update it?
(so I will have the aux in for free )

I've also the dash using navi or cd player that sometimes (3 times till now) becamed all black (like power off) for a few second and restarted alone...

This is good "enoght" to justify a fix & update?

Ciaoo
Kibrit
Old 09-06-2007 | 01:53 AM
Contributors

The aux-input activation is separate to any standard software upgrades, so you would be charged for this extra even if they had agreed to a software update. It must also be noted that the Aux-input cable has to be connected _before_ the software can be updated, so if you were doing a self install, you have to fit the cable before taking it for the software update. If BMW try to do the update before the cable is plugged in, it apparently (read in another thread somewhere) will not work. It's a shame it doesn't just auto-detect, or appear greyed out ready to accept the cable, but that's not how these cars work