E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Increased Emissions wont Go AWAY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 04:31 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys,

looks like my increased emissions warning will not dissappear. I replaced a bad thermostat according to my diagnostics and changed the Pressure valve regulator caps. i cleared the faults and about a couple of hours later i get the increased emissions warning again WTF! so i ran the diagnostics again and it seems that the thermostat issue is now resolved but i get the following error: (see attached Image)
Increased Emissions wont Go AWAY!!!-emissions.jpg
any insight?????
Old 02-16-2010, 07:01 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

My eyesight isn't what it once was - but after squinting at you image it looks to me like you have environmental temp sensor and fuel evaporator faults.

When you replaced your T-stat did you make sure everything was put back together (all connections made)?
Old 02-16-2010, 07:06 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pukka
My eyesight isn't what it once was - but after squinting at you image is looks to me like you have environmental temp sensor and fuel evaporator faults.

When you replaced your T-stat did you make sure everything was put back together (all connections made)?

thanks for the infor but sorry about the size, if you click on the image it should enlarge for a better view..... im pretty sure everything was put back together... theres not much connectors except for the one on the actual thermostat and all the hoses were put together... ill double check again to make sure.. but theres also another error coming up... with fuel evaporation valve
Old 02-16-2010, 08:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

My "Increased Emissions" issue was fixed by the dealer last week.....

"Installed 11 72 7 508 270 : PRESSURE HOSE ASSY
Installed 11 61 7 521 181 : Gasket Steel
INTERROGATED FAULT MEMORY, FOUND FAULTS STORED FOR
SECONDARY AIR FLOW TOO LOW, CURRENTLY PRESENT FOR
BANK 2, CHECKED AIR LINES FROM PUMP TO THE CHECK VALVES,
FOUND "Y" LINE LEAKING AT BOTH VALVES, REMOVED INTAKE
MANIFOLD TO GAIN ACCESS TO THE LINE, REPLACED THE LINE,
REPLACED INTAKE MANIFOLD GASKETS, CLEARED FAULTS AFTERWARD"

Since all this was done last week, the car runs MUCH more smoothly and there have been NO "Increased Emissions" faults any more, I hope this helps!

BTW, for some reason my dealer did this job for free ($1000+ otherwise) as it was an uncommon failure! I guess it's true about every dog having it's day after all!
Old 02-16-2010, 10:16 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by flyingpuck

Since all this was done last week, the car runs MUCH more smoothly and there have been NO "Increased Emissions" faults any more, I hope this helps!

BTW, for some reason my dealer did this job for free ($1000+ otherwise) as it was an uncommon failure! I guess it's true about every dog having it's day after all!

dam this is way tooooo much stuff. i dont have Warranty ... does anyboday else try something to get rid of error
Old 02-16-2010, 11:24 AM
Members

As far as the environment temp sensor..I would venture to say maybe the outside temp sensor is giving some faulty readings? Have you noticed that the outside temperature reads incorrectly? And the fuel evap valve, there is a changeover valve for emissions purposes that opens to allow fuel vapors to enter the intake and be burned. A lot of times that fault is due to the valve. I don't know exactly where it is located, but on E-39's it was near the charcoal canister near the fuel tank
Old 02-16-2010, 12:27 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pauliehcfr
As far as the environment temp sensor..I would venture to say maybe the outside temp sensor is giving some faulty readings? Have you noticed that the outside temperature reads incorrectly? And the fuel evap valve, there is a changeover valve for emissions purposes that opens to allow fuel vapors to enter the intake and be burned. A lot of times that fault is due to the valve. I don't know exactly where it is located, but on E-39's it was near the charcoal canister near the fuel tank

OK Your right on the environment temp sensor, cause i do have faulty outside temp readings.. so i will need to see what part i need to order for that... its weird why this would be part of an increased emissions warning though. now for the fuel evap valve i will need to find out what exactly your refering to.. but thanks alot on your insight...
Old 02-16-2010, 12:51 PM
Members

Originally Posted by flyingpuck

They will do anything emissions related for free because there is a federal mandated 8 year warranty on any part of the emission system.
If the dealer ever tries to stick you with the bill you must point out this fact.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:43 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i /Titanium Gray Metallic/ Auburn Leather with Wood Trim/ Cold Weather Package/ Premium Sound Package/ Sport Package/ NAVI/ SAT/ HUD

My "Increased Emissions" went off 6 times this month. I took it to the dealership on Friday and now there is a slew of things that they say are wrong with the car. The service rep. I was dealing with at the Mt. View location was an asshole to say the least(not my first problem with him) but once I spoke to the higher-ups, they took over and now I'm patiently waiting to post my list. "IE" seems like the flu for E60's.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:48 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i - Black on Black, Maple Anthracite. Cold, Premium, Sport, Nav, Heads Up Display, Logic 7, Power Rear Sunshade.

Originally Posted by yoRAHeem
My "Increased Emissions" went off 6 times this month. I took it to the dealership on Friday and now there is a slew of things that they say are wrong with the car. The service rep. I was dealing with at the Mt. View location was an asshole to say the least(not my first problem with him) but once I spoke to the higher-ups, they took over and now I'm patiently waiting to post my list. "IE" seems like the flu for E60's.
I had it consistently for two weeks and now it's gone (been a few days now) ...why would that be?

Quick Reply: Increased Emissions wont Go AWAY!!!