E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

i'm back

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 06:53 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530xi. Deep green with beige interior. 6 speed manual. Premium package.

Just got back from NYC - as I pulled in the driveway crossed 1200 miles -the break in was not so fun - did not use the cruise control until after 1000 miles and then just briefly to see how it worked - it really is cool - did a lot of shifting 5-6-6-5-n-6-5, etc and sped up to 80 then slowed down to 60 then sped up again - and on and on for 1200 miles - probably overkill but oh well
the car handeled like a dream but I do have a few uinresolved issues

1-what is the triangle next toths signal strength on i drive? It showed up from the minute I left Ohio and stayed on all the way through NYC and back until I got back in Ohio - then went away - thought it was roaming but there is no way with verizon that I roamed the entire time

2-does the garage door opener only work with the car on? This seems strange but with the key in and the car not atrated would not work - only worked if the car was running - I have the start/stop button without CA

3-still having mp3 issues - can not get them to work reliably - some songs work and othes do not - burned data files at 192 with Nero and made folders - the folders show but somesongs will not read

4-OK this is a hard on to describe and maybe I spent too much time in the car but you know how the idrive symbol has 2 circles light brown/dark brown/light brown with an "i" in the middle? OK if you are with me then form the outside betweenthe first and second circle - where they meet there is a series of black single pixel dots on the left hand side - anyone else have this?

5-how do you put the flashlight back in? Took it out to show my wife when she was driving and now I can not get it back in

Anyway the trip was fun - got alomst 27mpg witht he crazy driving - the heating system is perfect -
Valet parked the car - gave the guy 20$ when he parked my car to keep it away form everyone else and it worked - not a scratch
Salt and slush galore on the car and stayed there for 3 days - just got home and ran my car through the hand wash and rinsed it with high pressure spray - not the smartest thing to do in 7degree weather - the car now has a nice layer of ice on it - the entire car - but when I got home put my wifes car in the driveway and mine in the garage - hopefully will melt before work in the am.

Did not go the Italian restaurant - but went to some other nice restaurants - and saw the rockettes

anyway, its good to be back and I missed you guys and gals
Old 12-13-2005, 07:10 PM
Members

1.RTFM

2. RTFM

3.YSATI

4.What?

5. Reverse process of removal, or sit upside down in your seat and proceed as normal.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2012 535i M Sport Package

Welcome back! I just hope you paid attention to the wife while on vacation...sounds like a vacation with the new car and not with the wife
just want to give you hard time now that you're back
Old 12-13-2005, 07:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530xi. Deep green with beige interior. 6 speed manual. Premium package.

what is rtfm and ysati?
Old 12-13-2005, 08:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Hahha hey hey! welcome back!!!!!!

1. Triangle means Roaming... were you using Bluetooth?

2. Yes the car will only work with the car key or ummm what use to be position 2. so I think with the start stop button you can get in and w/out the key fob inserted just hit the start / stop button that will power up the the instrument panals and that should allow the door openner to work.

3. Dont get me started on MP3.

4. Huh? No idea... I'll have to check... but not exactlly sure what to check...

5. Turn it upside down. it goes in with the switch facing down.

and for your other question... rtfm means Read the F*#&-ing manual...

I have no idea what YSATI means.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:02 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by dgjk' post='210937' date='Dec 13 2005, 11:33 PM
what is rtfm and ysati?
Do a google and you'll learn all about those acronyms...

(Now if you really do "sati" then I'll help you with the above! )
Old 12-13-2005, 08:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 Alpine White 550i

The Rockettes! awesome. Wow - I'm surprised the valet guys took care of you that well. I'd be suspicious if they just yanked the $20 tip from you and said they'd do it but really just parked your car like everyone else. I've seen them squeeze Aston Martin's and Bentley's in inches of space before.....and I'm sure all of them gave a good tip to "take care" of their car. Happy to hear there were no scratches though!

Too bad there was no Scalinatella in the plans. Maybe next time.

As far as your garage transmitter, I cannot use mine without the car on.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:41 AM
Contributors

Yes, I was using bluetooth

I try to RTFM but asking here is so much fun

By the way - I did look in the manual for the trianlge and I gould not find it

The phone itself did not say I was roaming - If I understand corectly roaming is when you are not on your providers towers - and you are looking for another signal - and you pay extra for this

Am I correct - or is roaming different

by the way RTFM should be changed to STFS
Old 12-14-2005, 04:30 AM
Members

yup, that is what roaming is. But look at your phone, you might not actually be roaming. Mine says I am roaming 100% of the time and I am not. Software errors I assume.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by dgjk' post='211029' date='Dec 14 2005, 05:41 AM
Yes, I was using bluetooth

I try to RTFM but asking here is so much fun

By the way - I did look in the manual for the trianlge and I gould not find it

The phone itself did not say I was roaming - If I understand corectly roaming is when you are not on your providers towers - and you are looking for another signal - and you pay extra for this

Am I correct - or is roaming different

by the way RTFM should be changed to STFS
Would you guy/gals stop the acronyms BS? Like, WYGSABS!!!!!! You're a geek if you over use acronyms. Is someone trying to create "sub language?"

Quick Reply: i'm back