E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

iDrive Video Multimedia

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 04:21 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Originally Posted by igngnot
extremely interested in this install!

#watced

PICTURES PLEASE
They emailed the instructions today. The unit is a plug and play and looks to be very simple to install. I'm stoked now, can't wait for it to arrive as I will also be wrapping wood trim in CF Di-noc.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:21 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Originally Posted by igngnot
extremely interested in this install!

#watced

PICTURES PLEASE
They emailed the instructions today. The unit is a plug and play and looks to be very simple to install. I'm stoked now, can't wait for it to arrive as I will also be wrapping wood trim in CF Di-noc.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:57 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2012 535i M-Sport

Nice! After looking at all my options for a rear view camera (oem/aftermarket) I decided to go with the modmynav version which seems like it's basically what you are buying.

Side question, does anyone on this forum have 'round vision'? I can't for the life of me visualize what that would look like in action.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:37 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 BMW 530XI - Monaco Blue - Stock At The Moment

keep us posted cant wait to seee it
Old 10-18-2011, 09:46 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you install it yet? Is it easy?
Nice features, only thing that sucks is: This kit will not provide sound if your car does not have a factory Aux input.
Sucks for older models anyway.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:43 PM
Members

If I've violated any posting guidelines please feel free to edit/delete my post.

Here's the homework I've done so far...

modmynav - $485 + $15 shipping - module 100% plug & play - 3 A/V & rear camera + backup camera 100% plug & play

xcarlink
- $235 + $16 shipping - module 100% plug & play - 2 A/V & rear camera + DOES NOT come with backup camera. need to tap into wire NOT 100% plug & play
The xcarlink manual they emailed me doesn't show if rear camera gets mounted into trunk handle or not? Someone that has an xcarlink please install & post pics.

Feel free to chime in or correct me if I'm wrong.

=============
UPDATE:
Thanks sahiljain22! You're right I went back to the eBay auction it says rear camera connection only, it doesn't come with one.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:17 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi

Originally Posted by dv8ed
If I've violated any posting guidelines please feel free to edit/delete my post.

Here's the homework I've done so far...

modmynav - $485 + $15 shipping - module 100% plug & play - 3 A/V & rear camera + backup camera 100% plug & play

xcarlink
- $235 + $16 shipping - module 100% plug & play - 2 A/V & rear camera + backup camera need to tap into wire NOT 100% plug & play
The xcarlink manual they emailed me doesn't show if rear camera gets mounted into trunk handle or not? Someone that has an xcarlink please install & post pics.

Feel free to chime in or correct me if I'm wrong.
I bought the xcarlink before I bought the modmynav. Here is the link to their manual http://issuu.com/xcarlink/docs/bmw_m...face_manual_pp . I didn't have to tap into wires but it did not work fine. My car's usbinput and bluetooth got disabled and it started giving SOS malfunction errors. So i returned the unit and bought the MMN one.

I dont think the 235 unit comes with a backup camera. You have to buy it separately.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:32 PM
Members

Thanks for that valuable input Sahiljain22... I asked xcarlink if there were any electrical problems they said no. I've heard of people having electrical problems with certain brands looks like modmynav is the way to go.

Have you sold your unit yet? I'm sure you will sell it soon.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:13 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by sd_dracula
Did you install it yet? Is it easy?
Nice features, only thing that sucks is: This kit will not provide sound if your car does not have a factory Aux input.
Sucks for older models anyway.
Not yet. I imagine it will arrive next week or so. I have the factory aux but I also read that it has a fm modulator, not sure if that would work well. I'm sure there is somehow a audio install place could hook up an aux jack...
Old 10-21-2011, 08:29 AM
Members

Installed successfully in my car. I can now connect my iphone and use the GPS, watch videos, listed to internet radio and much more!!!

For audio input I use the Parrot bluetooth system (either by bluetooth or using the AUX input)

Quick Reply: iDrive Video Multimedia