E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

iDrive Reboot Solved: New CCC and more?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 07:13 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They had to re-program the DME (two failed attempts before replacing the CCC ), and one more time after everything was replaced.

Service guy indicated that they put in the CIP that they got last Thursday. He wasn't sure of the number, but he thinks it was 20.1.01.

All is fine so far. I re-paired my Bluetooth phone, and everything else works fine. It was interesting that my phone pairing was still listed in the car settings. Equalizer settings were gone. Hmmmm.

Lastly - I didn't read my "invoice" before I left. There is an entry that says:

"1 65-83-6-941-401 REPLACEM. CD"

Anyone know what that is? The service manager mentioned something about having to replace the CCC and the "Radio Center"? Did I get a new CD & DVD drive (I have Nav)?
Old 01-23-2006, 07:26 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

RobertB, where are you located?

(If you can, you may want to enter your location in your profile (at least country; city and state would be better though) since it helps us all figure out country specific things with our cars...
Old 01-23-2006, 07:32 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='228638' date='Jan 23 2006, 10:26 PM
RobertB, where are you located?

(If you can, you may want to enter your location in your profile (at least country; city and state would be better though) since it helps us all figure out country specific things with our cars...
Done!
Old 01-23-2006, 08:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2015 535D M Sport

Add me to the replacement CCC list. My car went into repeated re-boot mode this weekend and it continues to do it every time I drive it. I'm scheduled for service next Monday and expect that they will replace it then. At least I can still drive the car, but it sure is boring sitting in traffic without audio. I hope the replacements are more reliable.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 550i; Alpine White/Black Dakota/MSport/SAT/IAS/Driver Assistance/ConveniencePkg/Prem Pkg 2/4 Zone AC/Side-Top Cameras/HUD & Black panel/BMW Apps-iPhone 4 Media/M Decklid spolier /Ventureshiled clear bra/ V1 -Ordered 4/9/11, Production 4/19, Shipped on Martorell 4/23,Arrived Port Hueneme 5/19,Delivered 5/21/11

Originally Posted by gwf545' post='228677' date='Jan 23 2006, 09:57 PM
Add me to the replacement CCC list. My car went into repeated re-boot mode this weekend and it continues to do it every time I drive it. I'm scheduled for service next Monday and expect that they will replace it then. At least I can still drive the car, but it sure is boring sitting in traffic without audio. I hope the replacements are more reliable.
Hey GWF, mine did the same thing, BMW San Diego replaced my CCC last month. Major drag with no IDrive functionality, even for a few days. My SA indicated this has been pretty common on 5's and 6's. So far, so good. No issue other than it sometimes takes a little longer than before to boot up after starting engine.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:09 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 545i now' post='228680
Hey GWF, mine did the same thing, BMW San Diego replaced my CCC last month. Major drag with no IDrive functionality, even for a few days. My SA indicated this has been pretty common on 5's and 6's. So far, so good. No issue other than it sometimes takes a little longer than before to boot up after starting engine.
[/quote]

How do you like the service at BMW SD, how long did you have to wait before they'd take you, and how many days were you in for? I go to Brecht and like them O.K., but I'm not real happy I have to wait a week to get in.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 550i; Alpine White/Black Dakota/MSport/SAT/IAS/Driver Assistance/ConveniencePkg/Prem Pkg 2/4 Zone AC/Side-Top Cameras/HUD & Black panel/BMW Apps-iPhone 4 Media/M Decklid spolier /Ventureshiled clear bra/ V1 -Ordered 4/9/11, Production 4/19, Shipped on Martorell 4/23,Arrived Port Hueneme 5/19,Delivered 5/21/11

Originally Posted by gwf545' post='228683
Originally Posted by gwf545' post='228677' date='Jan 23 2006, 09:57 PM
How do you like the service at BMW SD, how long did you have to wait before they'd take you, and how many days were you in for? I go to Brecht and like them O.K., but I'm not real happy I have to wait a week to get in.
[/quote]

Well, they originally couldnt take me for 3 weeks, but after getting the head of service attention, I got in in a week. They are instituting a night shift to accomodate the massive influx of vehicles for service, many not purchased there, as they are the only dealer in town offering nearly free ($20) X3 or Camry loaners to ALL!! I hear Brecht wont take you unless you purchased there.

This was only my second visit since they delivered car in July, so now that I have a relationship with the big kahuna, and his top SA I feel pretty good about future needs/requests.

While there I also had 4 new runflats replaced (the usual inner tread wear resulting in way too much noise @ 8400 miles), with NO HASSLE, and new door seals to mitigate creaking.

Dropped car off on a monday morning, picked up thursday PM. Would have been day before but they had to get the Dunlop runflats overnighted in.

Overall I am pleased with BMW San Diego. For me, its logistically perfect as I live in Carmel Valley and work downtown, and now that they know me, and I know who to talk to we're OK.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:46 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 545i now' post='228690
Originally Posted by 545i now' post='228680' date='Jan 24 2006, 12:06 AM
[quote name='gwf545' post='228677' date='Jan 23 2006, 09:57 PM']
[/quote]

Well, they originally couldnt take me for 3 weeks, but after getting the head of service attention, I got in in a week. They are instituting a night shift to accomodate the massive influx of vehicles for service, many not purchased there, as they are the only dealer in town offering nearly free ($20) X3 or Camry loaners to ALL!! I hear Brecht wont take you unless you purchased there.

This was only my second visit since they delivered car in July, so now that I have a relationship with the big kahuna, and his top SA I feel pretty good about future needs/requests.

While there I also had 4 new runflats replaced (the usual inner tread wear resulting in way too much noise @ 8400 miles), with NO HASSLE, and new door seals to mitigate creaking.

Dropped car off on a monday morning, picked up thursday PM. Would have been day before but they had to get the Dunlop runflats overnighted in.

Overall I am pleased with BMW San Diego. For me, its logistically perfect as I live in Carmel Valley and work downtown, and now that they know me, and I know who to talk to we're OK.
[/quote]

Thanks for the info. I had a similar experience at Brecht with runflat replacements. Free loaners are available after a day. I got a newer 525i to drive when I had the runflats replaced.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by RobertB' post='228633' date='Jan 23 2006, 11:13 PM
They had to re-program the DME (two failed attempts before replacing the CCC ), and one more time after everything was replaced.

Service guy indicated that they put in the CIP that they got last Thursday. He wasn't sure of the number, but he thinks it was 20.1.01.

All is fine so far. I re-paired my Bluetooth phone, and everything else works fine. It was interesting that my phone pairing was still listed in the car settings. Equalizer settings were gone. Hmmmm.

Lastly - I didn't read my "invoice" before I left. There is an entry that says:

"1 65-83-6-941-401 REPLACEM. CD"

Anyone know what that is? The service manager mentioned something about having to replace the CCC and the "Radio Center"? Did I get a new CD & DVD drive (I have Nav)?
No. Description Supplement Qty From Up To Part Number Price Notes
01 RMFD CCC CD 1 65836941401 $778.97
02 SHEET METAL SCREW ST4,2X19-U1-C-H 4 07119904175 $0.22

That is the single slot CD.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:35 AM
Members

Originally Posted by cobradav' post='228730' date='Jan 24 2006, 04:29 AM
No. Description Supplement Qty From Up To Part Number Price Notes
01 RMFD CCC CD 1 65836941401 $778.97
02 SHEET METAL SCREW ST4,2X19-U1-C-H 4 07119904175 $0.22

That is the single slot CD.
Thanks, cobradav!

I was wondering what that was...

Quick Reply: iDrive Reboot Solved: New CCC and more?