E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

idrive fictitious faults

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 01:51 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530d se auto 2004 jet black. black dakota leather.
Default idrive fictitious faults

hi everyone, new to site,but not bmw. was the proud owner of a 320m sport that i loved for over 3 years. traded in for now fantastic looking 530d se 2004. bought in sept 2012 with 3 month warranty. fuel pump went and replaced under warranty(500 pounds). 2 weeks after warranty ran out, starter motor started to fail (sorry for the pun). turbo crashed! indi garage has sorted all this (1500 ponds) new battery as 2 cells were fried, basic service. he said it looked as if it has never been serviced!! crank case breather still original he thought!! also filled half a bucket with crud from air filter. my problem is,idrive is showing faults that dont exist. flat tyres when i dont have these fitted/all glow plugs faulty. is there anyway idrive can be re set (business drive). i would like to add that the battery was fitted and not coded as i have been told that the would "learn". love the car and would like to keep it. don't want to lose the faith just yet. thanks.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:22 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i, 6-speed Manual, Silver Grey Metallic, Grey Dakota Leather, Cold Weather Pkg, Premium Sound Pkg, Sport Pkg, Lumbar Support

It is possible you have Flat Tire Monitor (FTM), though I'm really only familiar with North America models. Not to be confused with Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS). TPMS debuted in 2007 and requires special valve stems that transmit the tire pressure to the car, but FTM uses the ABS wheel speed sensors to alert of a tire going down. The low tire will spin faster than the others, triggering the warning. And, you need to initialize the FTM in iDrive. Push the controller down to enter the Settings menu. Then look for Vehicle settings, and then FTM. Once you get there, you select Initialize and drive off. The system will only reset while you are driving the car. Oh, be sure all four tires are at the recommended pressure before doing this.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:09 PM
New Members

My Ride: 530d se auto 2004 jet black. black dakota leather.

hi, sorry for the long delay,battery needed to be coded to the car and all faults cleared. cost of 36 english pounds. do not believe what people say... battery needs to be coded IF you want the car to know that it is a new battery. if you replace,say a three year old battery,the car will think it has on a battery with three years of usage,and not recocnise that you have a crisp brand new battery. anyway,got that done,and guess what...alterator AND regulator shot!!! i get the car back this friday(15/2/13) and hopefully it will be all sorted.total cost, around the 2000 pounds area!! next is getting the swirl flaps removed before the engine has them for lunch!!! dont think i can stand anymore!!