E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

IDrive dead but music still play

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2019, 02:18 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 almost dead
Default IDrive dead but music still play

Hello, and sorry for another post, I've used the search button, and read alot posts about this problem. Here's my story: my IDrive is dead for 6 months, in this time I used a portable speaker, I was too lazy to do something and was easier to buy one, but now when winter is coming I need to change my temperature from climate section and play some music in my car from her speakers and audio system. First time when i had problems with my ccc/idrive was last winter, in the morning i had to wait like 5 mins to start, after that everything was ok. In the spring my system worked fine, I've installed an aftermarket amplifier and I've amplified 4 speakers, 2 in the back and underseat subwoofers(because my system is basic and if i play music from my phone is louder). When the heat arrived again problems appeared until my CID freeze for hours, even if I stoped the engine the screen remain blocked. Today I bought an used ccc module, because everyone I've asked told me that's the problem. Installed the "new one" everything was ok, music started to play without any issues no interruptions, but my display was still black. Some research on YT and in one minute I was back home with my display to look at him, he looked at me, and nothing happen, but the plastic from behind is melted, the pcb looks fine, from my opinion.

I've got some errors on diagnose(but that was 3 days ago when i didn't had the new ccc module).

On CID:

A46A - Cutout due to overtemperature - Intermittent
E5C4 - Unknown fault code
A468 - Unknown fault code
On CON:

E2C4 - Unknown fault code

My car is '06 so I don't have a MPM module, anyway i don't have water in my trunk, the fuses are ok. But! after a 1 hour trip music stoped again, and again it's blocked(I know this because I have the BMW e60 trunk error,couldn't fine the problem, because the wires are ok, and i see the error in my bc but can't hear it). The problem is nobody repairs this here, we change parts, because our electricians don't want to work anymore in my country, they leave. I found someone but it's cheaper to buy another module+display, and we can't talk about warranty. What am I asking is: can the CID be the real problem? it's just a display but I can't understand how could a ccc module work only one hour(I knew the donor car and everthing worked fine), the wires looks fine, the cooler work. I miss something and I can't figure out what.