E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

I want to replace CD player - will it needs in reprogramming?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 12:14 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 530d E60 '04

Hi Guys.
I have a problem - my kids broke sound switch on/off button on my CD player and now i'll have to change CD player.
Do you know - when i'll change my CD player (which i have broken at the moment) to another one should i go to BMW for REPROGRAMMING? At the moment i have installed iPod in my car - will it needs in reprogramming as well?

Thanks.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:00 PM
Senior Members

The CD player is part of the CCC - I don't recall it has a dedicated on/off button. The CCC is $1200 US.

Not sure what the iPod has to do with this - that would be through either the CD Changer port (older model) or the 6FL port.

Further clarification of your enquiry may be required.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:30 PM
Members

Originally Posted by JSpira' post='526724
Not sure what the iPod has to do with this - that would be through either the CD Changer port (older model) or the 6FL port.
Probably mine have an older connection through CD Changer port (My car: BMW 530d, E60, 2004)

Any idea how to check it?
Old 02-03-2008, 02:46 PM
Senior Members

i think it should be a simple process of just replacing the sound on/off/mute button no?
Old 02-03-2008, 02:51 PM
Members

Originally Posted by elyk' post='526761' date='Feb 3 2008, 11:46 PM
i think it should be a simple process of just replacing the sound on/off/mute button no?
I checked in the BMW ETK, and as i see, it's impossible to buy that button separately...
Old 02-03-2008, 03:10 PM
Senior Members

if you are replacing like with like, surely it will be OK. If it needs programming, another way would be to use just the button (expensive!) from the unit you intend to replace it with - you could always stick the buttonless new one on ebay.

When I had my ipod interface programmed in - uses the cd changer port - i got charged 1.5 hrs labour - about 200 euros!
Old 02-04-2008, 02:49 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

you only have to change the button/knob..found the part, i think it doesnt matter if you have navgation or not.. but better ask you dealer if it makes any difference..

a friend of mine had the button lose on his e46 and dealer changed (button only) it under warranty..

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?mo...hg=65&fg=05
Old 02-05-2008, 01:04 AM
Members

Originally Posted by madoon' post='526993' date='Feb 4 2008, 11:49 AM
you only have to change the button/knob..found the part, i think it doesnt matter if you have navgation or not.. but better ask you dealer if it makes any difference..

a friend of mine had the button lose on his e46 and dealer changed (button only) it under warranty..

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?mo...hg=65&fg=05

On the picture you can see as a part only rubber button (like a cover), but i need button mechanism.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:33 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

Originally Posted by User_irl' post='527428' date='Feb 5 2008, 01:04 PM
On the picture you can see as a part only rubber button (like a cover), but i need button mechanism.
i dont think that parts avaliable... i dont really understand what is broken, could you tell us, perhaps someone would find a solution...
cause i really dont know how you would know if the mechanisim inside is broken... cause i think the knob (rubber) is supose to break eaily, get loose should anything happed... in order to protect anything inside..
Old 02-05-2008, 01:22 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

I would show this to a handy-man dealer who has the time to salvage this. Its very painful to know that you have to replace the entire CCC for a part that could costs pennies to fabricate.

Quick Reply: I want to replace CD player - will it needs in reprogramming?