E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

I want my Google back !

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 11:36 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530i 2007 750i

As of a couple of days, I've got this bug (presumably) in BMW online. When it comes to entering actual search text for the Google search, there is no highlight bar, so you can't choose a topic in this specific menu.

Everything else works normally. So, the system goes online, I get weather, news, etc from the Internet. Going in the Information menu works, choosing "Google Search at location" works, but the last menu comes out like this:

So there is no highlight bar (like in all the previous menus) and it's not possible to choose anything. The controller is not "dead", you can move it but it simply scrolls that screen up and down, displaying the rest of the menu:

Pressing it does nothing. Reloading the page, does nothing. Another weird thing is that the "back" button (the arrow on the left) is faded out, whereas usually you could navigate from this page back just like from any other. So this single page is "broken" and I can't seem to figure out why did this suddenly happen. Worked fine a couple of days ago.
In fact, other parts of Google search (pre-defined categories like ATM's, hospitals, etc, where you don't have to enter search string) still work fine.

I'm completely confused, I hope there is something very stupid I'm overseeing...

I miss my Google search
Old 05-06-2010, 12:53 AM
Members

Another day, still bugged. Reset the connection options, nothing helps.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 530I

Try unplugging the battery over night?
Old 05-06-2010, 03:42 AM
Members

Pondering that, but kinda scared to have other things screwed up afterwards? What's with all the horror stories about leaving the battery unplugged for a long time..
Old 05-06-2010, 03:59 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i TITANIUM GREY II on Black Dakota Lthr, Comfort Seats, Sports PKG, Premium PKG, Active/Dynamic Drive, NAV, Winter Package.

Google!!! Why we don't have this feature on our E60's????

Originally Posted by beamlord
As of a couple of days, I've got this bug (presumably) in BMW online. When it comes to entering actual search text for the Google search, there is no highlight bar, so you can't choose a topic in this specific menu.

Everything else works normally. So, the system goes online, I get weather, news, etc from the Internet. Going in the Information menu works, choosing "Google Search at location" works, but the last menu comes out like this:

So there is no highlight bar (like in all the previous menus) and it's not possible to choose anything. The controller is not "dead", you can move it but it simply scrolls that screen up and down, displaying the rest of the menu:

Pressing it does nothing. Reloading the page, does nothing. Another weird thing is that the "back" button (the arrow on the left) is faded out, whereas usually you could navigate from this page back just like from any other. So this single page is "broken" and I can't seem to figure out why did this suddenly happen. Worked fine a couple of days ago.
In fact, other parts of Google search (pre-defined categories like ATM's, hospitals, etc, where you don't have to enter search string) still work fine.

I'm completely confused, I hope there is something very stupid I'm overseeing...

I miss my Google search
Old 05-06-2010, 07:04 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

+1 - I was thinking the same thing, we are so deprived here in the States, no Google (not even any internet), no push the lock button to raise the windows, geez, to get the most out of our cars maybe we should move to Germany
Old 05-06-2010, 09:21 AM
Members

Sorry guys I kinda didnt realize they don't offer BMW online in the States yet (weird tho!). It's a nifty feature and you get used to it very fast.

Oh well maybe there's still a chance someone from Europe has heard of this problem and can help.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:39 AM
Members

My Ride: 04 545i sport, stick, L7, sat, nav. Charcoal/ runflat/ cdv delete. Suede headliner/ trunk, 3 way front speakers, four 8" subs in rear shelf, ACM, iPod dock in ash tray using gateway 500 with MP3 text and video on screen, MRTM aluminum pedals/ door pins, 10 farad cap, sound processor, line conditioner, 2 amps ( 4x100 and 2x200)

Originally Posted by pjinca
+1 - I was thinking the same thing, we are so deprived here in the States, no Google (not even any internet), no push the lock button to raise the windows, geez, to get the most out of our cars maybe we should move to Germany

They get all the cool stuff over there. Euro headlights, Euro dash ( more legroom on the E39 ), roundvision ACM option, 520d, and now google...
Old 05-06-2010, 10:11 AM
Members

Originally Posted by methodsound
They get all the cool stuff over there. Euro headlights, Euro dash ( more legroom on the E39 ), roundvision ACM option, 520d, and now google...

That's what you get thought, for having fully loaded 545s and 550s totally cheap. They're exotic over here and cost almost twice as much compared to the US.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by pjinca
And how about those power-folding M5 mirrors?! I'm tellin' ya, they're squeazin' us 'round here

Quick Reply: I want my Google back !