E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think my hpfp is failing

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 05:11 PM
e6t
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After one failed injector and now a bout of rough start and cold idle, she's gong to the dealer to be checked out.

Is there anything else I should have them do while it's there? I've heard that I should make them replace all injectors as well...

Thanks for any info...
Old 05-06-2010, 05:38 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by e6t
After one failed injector and now a bout of rough start and cold idle, she's gong to the dealer to be checked out.

Is there anything else I should have them do while it's there? I've heard that I should make them replace all injectors as well...

Thanks for any info...
Get them to replace everything you can....try to get them to replace ALL the injectors.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:21 PM
e6t
Senior Members

when i was talking to the SA, i mentioned that i had heard of a class action against bmw for detuning n54s and he became very receptive to replacing pretty much everything i mentioned.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:11 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

BTW, I was talking to my tech yesterday, he told me they had JUST released new software about 5 days ago. I know the guy and he wasn't talking out of his ass.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by Krozi
BTW, I was talking to my tech yesterday, he told me they had JUST released new software about 5 days ago. I know the guy and he wasn't talking out of his ass.
So does he think that the software fix is the cure to the HPFP failures on the (otherwise fantastic) N54 engine?
Old 05-07-2010, 05:07 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sdg1871
So does he think that the software fix is the cure to the HPFP failures on the (otherwise fantastic) N54 engine?
He said that this software should cause a big decrease in HPFP failures...
He also told me that his 135i with 2000 miles was getting a new fuel pump today, with the new software. The new software also fixes the lag issues the old software had....
I trust him because he's not one of those people who just talk out their ass all day long
Old 05-07-2010, 06:14 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

sorry to hear/read...

here are some useful SIB's provided in a brief faq about hpfp failure:

https://5series.net/forums/topic/911...st__p__1079317

good luck..
Old 05-07-2010, 08:05 AM
e6t
Senior Members

the funny thing is that i really dont care if it fails.

i LOVE this car. through good or bad. its beautiful.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:18 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by e6t
the funny thing is that i really dont care if it fails.

i LOVE this car. through good or bad. its beautiful.
well, if it is failing, I hope it's an isolated incident. Other owners have had to go thru this multiple times, which changes their view of their beloved car...GL
Old 05-07-2010, 08:39 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 VW Passat Wagon 2.0l Tsi Grey/Grey Budapest 18" Lost to HPFP issues: 08 535i sport pkg Lost to Dreaded E61 Sun roof leaks: 07 E61 530Xi

Originally Posted by Krozi
He said that this software should cause a big decrease in HPFP failures...
He also told me that his 135i with 2000 miles was getting a new fuel pump today, with the new software. The new software also fixes the lag issues the old software had....
I trust him because he's not one of those people who just talk out their ass all day long
That is what they said about every version of the software from 29.2 on-ward...
and we all know what 29.2 did to the cars..
Last check 37.1/2 was the newest I've heard about. Did not hear of any N54 specific fixes on it, but e90post.com in the turbo section would be your best bet on the 411 with the most current DMS software and any HPFP related update info.

I lost count but they were on build 7 ( in dec/jan time frame) of the HPFP it self. You really should push for a full set of new injectors , since if they only replace on or two of them that "show" bad on the diagnostic the others stand a good chance at failing due to running in a less than optimal fuel pressure environment for a while. Meaning they ran lean and could be prone to future failures and a full set of them are expensive to replace. Also get them to check the Fuel pressure sensors and the low pressure fuel pump ( the one near the gas tank) too. Get the plugs check too for carbon build up due to not enough fuel.

Sorry to hear of an another HPFP issue in the community.

Quick Reply: I think my hpfp is failing