E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I knew the day would come

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 02:31 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Woke up and saw this. The beast waiting to come out This is the first time I've had the opportunity to test out the x-drive. Works great, glad i went for it.
Attached Thumbnails I knew the day would come-bimmer_winter1.jpg   I knew the day would come-bimmer_winter3_2_1_.jpg  
Old 12-09-2005, 02:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by jackbutler' post='209338' date='Dec 9 2005, 06:31 PM
Woke up and saw this. The beast waiting to come out This is the first time I've had the opportunity to test out the x-drive. Works great, glad i went for it.
Coooooool. There is a great read on the x-drive in the new issue of Bimmer. Check it out.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:57 PM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Cool pix.

Living in the SF bay area, I do get a bit jealous of the first snow fall in other areas...but quickly remember that there are many more snow storms after that...
Old 12-09-2005, 02:58 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2003 X5 3.0----->gone 2004 Porsche Cayenne S : Gemballa front and back bodykit, fabspeed bypass pipes, Gemballa exhaust pipes, full option, 20" factory sport design rims------>gone 2005 545i 6-spd manual---->de-badged, CDV removal, Autosolutions short shift kit, resonator removal, premium package, PDC, xenon, almost full options, hardwire V1 install ....looking for mods... 2007 550i 6-spd----> Premium package, sport package, Logic7, heated everything, Rogue Engineering SSK, CDV removal, hardwire V1 install, aFe cold air intake, Custom Magnaflow exhaust....

Originally Posted by vnod' post='209345
Coooooool. There is a great read on the x-drive in the new issue of Bimmer. Check it out.
[/quote]

x-drive seems awesome....protecting the paint by coating on a thick layer of snow.....hahahahahahaha

Don't you just hate shoveling and clearing the snow accumulated on your car?? I have a covered garage so it is not an issue. One thing that came to my mind is....will it work if one covers the car with the car cover at night and just removing the cover in the morning and thus saving himself less trouble from having to dust the ice off the car?? I dont know if it works...just a thought...
Old 12-09-2005, 03:01 PM
Members

My Ride: 2002 325i - SOLD 2006 525i - PCD in August '05 1999 CVPI - My work car

Yowza! That's a sight I don't see here in Florida!
Old 12-09-2005, 03:07 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2003 X5 3.0----->gone 2004 Porsche Cayenne S : Gemballa front and back bodykit, fabspeed bypass pipes, Gemballa exhaust pipes, full option, 20" factory sport design rims------>gone 2005 545i 6-spd manual---->de-badged, CDV removal, Autosolutions short shift kit, resonator removal, premium package, PDC, xenon, almost full options, hardwire V1 install ....looking for mods... 2007 550i 6-spd----> Premium package, sport package, Logic7, heated everything, Rogue Engineering SSK, CDV removal, hardwire V1 install, aFe cold air intake, Custom Magnaflow exhaust....

Originally Posted by Vitacura' post='209349' date='Dec 9 2005, 07:01 PM
Yowza! That's a sight I don't see here in Florida!
What an Insulting Comment

here I am sitting in my library preparing for my final exam tomorrow and actually seeing my car (last car parallel parked outside library) engulfed in snow.....damn. Its a blizzard now....my car looks like a white pile of snow....can;t even make out the outline

Gonna need some getting it out of the snow... :thumbsdown:
Old 12-09-2005, 04:40 PM
Contributors

We got 4-7 inches in SE Michigan this AM. This was the first test of my 545i with snow tires. My 18 in Dunlop Wintersports performed admirably while I drove during the height of the snow storm and afterwards. I was incredibly impressed with the performance of RWD with snow tires. The tires also provides balanced dry pavement performance. I don't regret picking 18 in over 17 in rims which has been a discussion point on the board.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Jeffs' post='209347
Originally Posted by jackbutler' post='209338' date='Dec 9 2005, 06:31 PM

x-drive seems awesome....protecting the paint by coating on a thick layer of snow.....hahahahahahaha

Don't you just hate shoveling and clearing the snow accumulated on your car?? I have a covered garage so it is not an issue. One thing that came to my mind is....will it work if one covers the car with the car cover at night and just removing the cover in the morning and thus saving himself less trouble from having to dust the ice off the car?? I dont know if it works...just a thought...
[/quote]Right, Jeffs, the x-Drive works all sorts of miracles. I loved the Tulsa snows, but I did not have to park outside much. The worst is trying to get ice off your windshield. And, sometimes one's doors get frozen shut. Ugh!
Old 12-09-2005, 05:29 PM
Members

[/quote]
Thanks, I got it in the mail recently but havn't had a chance to look at it. Hopefully tonight i will.

Originally Posted by vnod' post='209393' date='Dec 9 2005, 08:56 PM
[quote name='Jeffs' post='209347' date='Dec 9 2005, 06:58 PM']

[/quote]Right, Jeffs, the x-Drive works all sorts of miracles. I loved the Tulsa snows, but I did not have to park outside much. The worst is trying to get ice off your windshield. And, sometimes one's doors get frozen shut. Ugh!
[/quote]
Yes! Ice the the worst, I never use the scraper end of the brush. I just can't imagine that scraping sound on my e60
Old 12-09-2005, 05:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2012 535i M Sport Package

glad I only see it in pictures

Quick Reply: I knew the day would come