E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

I HATE BMW ASSIST PART 2

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 11:43 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010 M5 alpine white, black full leather, etc.

If one person sings a bar of " I hate BMW roadside assistance", its a complaint. If two people do it might be heard above the din of the the crowd. If three people, can you imagine three people? Well it might be a movement. And if we all were to sing it in three part harmony BMW might think its a revolution and do something to fix it!!
Old 02-24-2006, 12:52 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 1600' post='245520' date='Feb 24 2006, 04:43 PM
If one person sings a bar of " I hate BMW roadside assistance", its a complaint. If two people do it might be heard above the din of the the crowd. If three people, can you imagine three people? Well it might be a movement. And if we all were to sing it in three part harmony BMW might think its a revolution and do something to fix it!!
I think MATRIX is talking about BMW ASSIST. This is a service you actually pay for above and beyond roadside assistance.
Old 02-24-2006, 01:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 M5 alpine white, black full leather, etc.

Originally Posted by Veight' post='245548' date='Feb 24 2006, 04:52 PM
I think MATRIX is talking about BMW ASSIST. This is a service you actually pay for above and beyond roadside assistance.

There is a concierge service which has an addition cost, but BMW roadside assistance and BMW assist are one and the same.
Old 02-24-2006, 01:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with Sport Pkg, Nav, HUD, Cold Weather Pkg, Rear Shades

Originally Posted by 1600' post='245556' date='Feb 24 2006, 04:10 PM
There is a concierge service which has an addition cost, but BMW roadside assistance and BMW assist are one and the same.
Not true. They are different offers from BMW. One is included when you purchase your car (BMW Roadside Assistance), the other is free (for the first year in US) and then you have to pay. "Enhanced" Roadside Assistance is part of BMW Assist.

Just do some searches, you will find tons of info.
Old 02-24-2006, 01:14 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 1600' post='245556' date='Feb 24 2006, 06:10 PM
Don't think so. Roadside assistance comes free for the life of the BMW warranty. BMW assist which has 2 parts, is an add on fee after the first year. For My07's this service will be included in the purchase price on the E60's

BMW assist and roadside assistance ARE NOT the same.
Old 02-24-2006, 01:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with Sport Pkg, Nav, HUD, Cold Weather Pkg, Rear Shades

Originally Posted by JStraw' post='245558' date='Feb 24 2006, 04:13 PM
Just do some searches, you will find tons of info.
...or look a few threads down.....
Old 02-24-2006, 02:13 PM
Members

Well, when i spoke with BMW Assist on the phone, she said that people always get this one confused. What BMW Assist basically does is lets you use the SOS button and talk via Idrive through the vehicle handsfree, and also you get those traffic reports, concierge services etc etc. Roadside assistance is standard, and is a bit different from BMW Assist in the sense that you dont have all these added capabilities of auto handsfree SOS calling, and other services i previously mentioned. If BMW Assist improved their services, no doubt i will re-new it because of the added capabilities. But from whats happened now im not so sure. The fact is, i dont get those extra capabilities of BMW Assist like you guys do in USA/Europe. So basically, i would be just paying for the handsfree talking via SOS feature and nothing else.
As for my car, i spoke to the dealer it was towed to, and he said that they are not allowed to work on the car until they have spoken and gotten permission from the customer. So they will start working on the car tomorrow.
As for the transportation problem, BMW Assist isnt willing to do anything, the dealer the the car was towed to wont do anything, even my dealer has their hands tied. Except they mentioned its not true what BMW Assist told me that they are only obligated to tow it to the nearest dealer, in my scenario, they should have towed it to my dealer as i was only 1 hour away from it, But BMW Roadside Assistance chose not to do it, so im really disappointed in that. My service guy said that if i were in a different province, then its understandable, but being a bit near home, they should have towed it to my dealer on my request. But my salesman being an excellent guy he is, offered me a ride to this St.Catherines dealership which is one hour away if i want. He also said that once its fixed from the other dealer and brought back, to bring it in again for a Full Checkup again to find out whats really causing this. The service guy did say that one customer had his car towed back here from another dealership on request free of charge, so they said to talk to BMW Roadside again and really push for it.
Old 02-24-2006, 02:54 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

Why use BMW Assist when it cost so much and do so little. Especially everyone has a cell phone now.

For concierge service, try American Express. They are so helpful when I called every time, and it's a free service if you own the card.
Old 02-24-2006, 03:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by Freewilly' post='245598' date='Feb 24 2006, 03:54 PM
Why use BMW Assist when it cost so much and do so little. Especially everyone has a cell phone now.

For concierge service, try American Express. They are so helpful when I called every time, and it's a free service if you own the card.

Thats why they "include" it now... cuz no ones paying for it. Theres only one thing good about BMW Assist. Air Bag deployment notification to BMW Assist.
Old 02-24-2006, 07:06 PM
Senior Members

I will say that BMW Assist's directions (for non NAV cars, obviously) are pretty good. And the direction chick sounds hot.

I rented a Cadillac, and got lost in downtown Memphis; which, as many of you know, is possibly one of the most unsavory places to get lost in all of America. I called Onstar, and the guy had no idea where I was. I was like: "Dude, have you checked your satellite recently?"

So, I was forced to go to "Plan B," Evenflow style. Glock 19 loaded, with extra magazine? Check. Pint of Crown Royal on board? Check. Northstar V8 operational? Check, temporarily. Front wheel rubber burning and Crown Royal sipping, I was somehow able to jettison myself to safety.

And then I reached Tunica.

Which is another story altogether, I suppose.

Quick Reply: I HATE BMW ASSIST PART 2