E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I had a bad, bad week

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 06:16 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '04 530d Executive, all options except sunroof and comfort seats ECU remapped by ZipTuning to 260+bhp.

I had a very bad week (or weeks, as i have all the luck in the world as it comes to my car... see other dent thread...)

I've had 6 cars in my life, all of which i've never crashed or damaged in anyway.
Now with this car, i've had 3 crashes, all of which were not my fault...
Let me explain what happened this week.

Tuesday, I went home early to pick up some dinner and prepare myself for my dog who was going to be put down today.
So, i arrive at the mall parkinglot, looking for a spot and some 20-year old girl pulls out of a space, right into the front of my car...

As you can see, the damage was not that big, but now i have to get it fixed, etc... (her fault, so her insurance pays)
It can drive, as the headlight was not damaged and the bumper just misses the tire (i can hear it when i go over a bump).
It luckily didn't hit the tire/rim, so the steering is still in one piece.

But my biggest let-down this week was my dog dying...
He had cancer for a couple of months now and there was nothing we could do anymore. He was in a lot of pain, and although he didn't want me to know it (he was always happy when he saw me), it was obvious something needed to be done.
After months of going to the vet trying to find something to relieve him of his pain, there was no more going around the fact that the best thing to do, was to put him down.
His name was Zorba, an 8-year old wire-haired dachshund (Teckel). I had him since he was 2 months old and he will be missed.
Below are some pictures of him in his better times and the last one was taken this afternoon (i'm the guy holding his head).

(Sorry for the picture overload, just wanted to get something out of my system)
Old 08-27-2009, 06:18 AM
Contributors

sorry about your dog man

the car will be fixed
Old 08-27-2009, 06:23 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i 6spd

I have 2 dogs at home, so I definitely know what you're going through

may he rest in peace.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:23 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Godspeed to your dog, man. Sorry about the car, too.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

What a good looking dog, I've never seen a wire-haired dachshund before. Had to put my old dog Sam down several years ago so I know how hard it is....

Best of luck on the car repair, should be a relatively easy repair.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 650 Grand Coupe
Model Year: 2016

Sorry to hear about your dog and your car. Most of us treat our dogs as we do our children. They are members of our family and the loss is difficult. You can take comfort in the fact that you did the right thing. Your dog is no longer suffering.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:59 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

I am sorry as well. May he rest in peace.
Dogs are just great persons, very individual. You will miss him and that is okay. But you will also be ok in time with the fact he's gone, you can count on that. Just keep going on .

The car will be fixed don't worry about that.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:47 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Sorry to hear. I am sure a lot of us pet owners can relate and sympathize.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

At least - and I don't mean this sarcastically - you can concentrate on fixing the car to take your mind - however partially - off the loss. It looks like it was a wonderful dog - I'm sure he'll be missed - I know it all too well what its like when you loose a pet myself. But life goes on, buddy - hang in there and start getting that car sorted out - you'll feel at least some relief when that's done

We're here for ya!
Old 08-27-2009, 08:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Alpine White on Black interior, Sport and Premium Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Mtec V2.1 angel eyes,Hoen Fog Lights, Full M-Tech kit, ACS pedals, LED plate lights, CF Steering Wheel badge, CF Titanium trim, OE

sorry to hear about your dog

Quick Reply: I had a bad, bad week