E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

I Gotta Be The STUPIDEST Person Ever!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 07:09 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

SOme of you may know I am having the battery discharge problem. Gonna get a new battery warrantied soon. I guess the M5 needs to be driven more.
I started the car today, battery discharge msg came on. Then later, ABS, DSC, Servotronic came on. Then I stopped by Radio Shack to pick up some parts and my gf, Amy, stayed in the car. Went inside came back out. The car didn't start. It says check battery terminals. I popped my hood, looked at ALL the wiring made SURE it was tight, popped my trunk, removed everything to make sure it was tight. Everything was good. Tried starting it 10 million times and it wouldnt start. Everything still turned on. AEs, interior lights, dashboard, idrive, EVERYTHING! I gave up. I was thinking either the alternator or battery but if it;s the battery, it can;t happen and at least the car will try to crank. I almost wanted to push start the car!

Got my manual out and called Roadside. They said they will be here within 45 minutes. I went inside Wendy's with my gf and grabbed some food. Bear in mind I was parked at a spot you are not supposed to since there was no spots and I was expecting to be there for only a minute. After we ate, we waited back in the car. Amy told me to open the windows. I looked down on my SMG knob. MOTHERPHUCKER! The thing was in gear!!!! That's why it didn't start!! I pulled to into neutral, started the car.

LOL. Amy then told me to leave it running since it started. I explained to her what happened and she couldn't stop laughing. I laughed for like 5 minutes.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:13 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Car

We've all done stuff like that. Glad you were able to laugh about it in the end
Old 07-25-2010, 07:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

That was pretty stupid, but I guess it could happen to any of us. Glad everything ended well.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

The fuckin jackass sent me 20 text msgs today, freaking out. when i got his last of what he did, i couldn't even respond. lol! he should go back to his 545.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:21 PM
Members

My Ride: Coming soon...

Haha! That reminds me of when my key got "stuck" in the ignition of my 323i. I spent a long time trying to figure out how I was going to remove it without breaking anything, when I realized I stopped the car and never put it into Park!!
Old 07-25-2010, 07:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530D M Sport E60, media pack, bluetooth, pro nav system

Just this weekend me and my cousin were out at night on his fourwheeler, and we went round a bend and the thing died on us, he checked the gas, switched to the reserve on the gas line, nothing, tried starting it 5 million time's (10 million would be over doing it) , we tried bump starting it, nothing. So we started pushing it, got a 100 yards or so down the road when he suddenly thought, hey let me just check the cut-off switch, and yes, you guessed it, it was off, duhhhh.
It happens dude
Old 07-25-2010, 07:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Lololol fookin hilarious!
Old 07-25-2010, 07:27 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: check siggg

LOL. i can imagine you sitting in your car scratching your head thinking "FCUK!!! i wish i got a 6speed m5" hahah
Old 07-25-2010, 07:52 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: I have a 2007 Black Sapphire BMW 530i with SMG. It has the auburn interior, has PDC, Sports Package, Premium Package, rear automatic sunshades with manual side sunshades, 35% black tint, Upgraded angeleyes from Angelibrights, and Logic 7 Sound System
Model Year: 2007

LMAO!! hahahah...that exact thing happened to me (except i checked the shifter first lol)
Old 07-25-2010, 08:10 PM
Members

My Ride: 530xi 07' fully loaded...stock :(

ahahahhashahahahahhahaha this is only so hilarous...cause this happened to me on my first day of driving smg, i was like FFF***** i just bought this car and bmw told me no problems with it , made few angered phone calls i didnt have too. then calmly the lady over the phone said is the car in gear? i looked down and said no...but it was lol then i hung up ahah

Quick Reply: I Gotta Be The STUPIDEST Person Ever!!!