E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

I got rear ended (no homo)

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 05:09 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You lucked out bro.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:28 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 M5

Wish I had been so smart to think of that !!!

My Beamer got "sandwiched" in December, being #3 in a five-car fender bender. This resulted in a damage of $10K, just to my car. Funny, but it didn't look like that at all... what you couldn't say about the other cars. They all were pretty much totaled, and I came out of it "smelling like roses". Makes you appreciate BMW and German Engineering even more!
The car actually still looked pretty good (on the outside), just a bunch of "bruises" in front and back. Got a new rear bumper + cover, a new front bumper cover, a hood, and a new headlight out of it eventually. The car was in the shop the entire December, for almost 5 weeks in total....

My insurance company (Progressive) sucked big-time, and they were trying to f*ck me over by granting me refurbished parts only (total of $4,500). Since I have never had an accident in my entire life (driving a car for 20+ years now), I went to my Insurance Co. to get it fixed first....
Fortunately took the case back from Progressive and had it adjusted by State Farm (the guilty party's Insurance Co) instead. They were much more forthcoming, and getting it all fixed - with my Body Shop taking the lead - was a breeze eventually.

Now, 3 months later, and being bitten by the "Mod Bug" real bad, I realize that I want the M5 rear and M5 Style/Rep front bumpers, and maybe wrap my hood into CF wrap... -- DANG!!! Should have thought of trying to get a complete M5 OEM Body Kit instead or some other mods while the Insurance was already paying for it....

Oh, well... live and learn, I guess. I'm just glad I didn't get screwed with refurbished/re-manufactured parts so I should be happy...

You're one lucky dawg, Luxurytax!! :-)
Old 02-24-2011, 05:11 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 528I Sport/Prem

Originally Posted by luigi524td
There's lots of stuff hidden under that now-branded bumper. Don't rush off with a cash settlement until a qualified tech has examined your car. Even a 5mph bump can break or bend other stuff that may not be readily visible to the casual observer.
Understood. However, if the body shop finds more than the estimated damage, all they will have to do is contact Allstate to get more money. I have a form the bodyshop can fill out for that. Also, the M5Tech bumper is $200 less than the OEM 528 bumper so either way I'm sitting pretty.

Originally Posted by ZGERMAN

My Beamer got "sandwiched" in December, being #3 in a five-car fender bender. This resulted in a damage of $10K, just to my car. Funny, but it didn't look like that at all... what you couldn't say about the other cars. They all were pretty much totaled, and I came out of it "smelling like roses". Makes you appreciate BMW and German Engineering even more!
The car actually still looked pretty good (on the outside), just a bunch of "bruises" in front and back. Got a new rear bumper + cover, a new front bumper cover, a hood, and a new headlight out of it eventually. The car was in the shop the entire December, for almost 5 weeks in total....

My insurance company (Progressive) sucked big-time, and they were trying to f*ck me over by granting me refurbished parts only (total of $4,500). Since I have never had an accident in my entire life (driving a car for 20+ years now), I went to my Insurance Co. to get it fixed first....
Fortunately took the case back from Progressive and had it adjusted by State Farm (the guilty party's Insurance Co) instead. They were much more forthcoming, and getting it all fixed - with my Body Shop taking the lead - was a breeze eventually.

Now, 3 months later, and being bitten by the "Mod Bug" real bad, I realize that I want the M5 rear and M5 Style/Rep front bumpers, and maybe wrap my hood into CF wrap... -- DANG!!! Should have thought of trying to get a complete M5 OEM Body Kit instead or some other mods while the Insurance was already paying for it....

Oh, well... live and learn, I guess. I'm just glad I didn't get screwed with refurbished/re-manufactured parts so I should be happy...

Holy crap! 10k!!! I'm glad everything turned out okay man.

I wouldn't say I'm lucky, but this is def an unplanned change I'm working on.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:49 AM
Members

Originally Posted by ZGERMAN

Let this be a lesson to everyone. Progressive is terrible, State Farm is excellent. I ran a diminished value apprasial company in college. I can tell you first hand time and time again, Progressive is terrible. State Farm is the best to deal with.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:51 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Bad Debt
Let this be a lesson to everyone. Progressive is terrible, State Farm is excellent. I ran a diminished value apprasial company in college. I can tell you first hand time and time again, Progressive is terrible. State Farm is the best to deal with.
Allstate is great too. I had them for years before I got State Farm. Allstate never hesitated to pay out or move things along.

Now I'm with State Farm and everything is still all good.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:20 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

awesome custom license plate btw...
Old 03-04-2011, 06:47 AM
Senior Members

i like the fact that you said (no homo) in your title, as if we really all would have otherwise thought you got it in the ass and posted on a car forum
Old 03-04-2011, 06:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528I 2008 Triumph Daytona 675

HA,HA
Old 03-04-2011, 09:34 AM
Members

Sorry to hear about that!

But lol at the title!
Old 03-04-2011, 09:45 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tuffluck
i like the fact that you said (no homo) in your title, as if we really all would have otherwise thought you got it in the ass and posted on a car forum
LOL, right

Coming from where I came from people like to play too much with how you use your words.

As far as an update on this thread, I'm still waiting for my check in the mail.

Quick Reply: I got rear ended (no homo)