E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

I finally got one!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 09:52 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all!

I just wanted to say hello and thanks! I've been lurking for the last 8 months or so,
and yesterday, I finally picked up my 2005 545i. All of the information
that I received on this site was so helpful in dealing with my dealership.
Right before I received the keys to the car, I gave my dealer the URL to this site!
Thanks again!

I picked up the car in Philadelphia and drove it back home to New York - the car's a bit
dirty and not very photogenic right now. These are the best pictures I have so far.
After I clean it up, I will photograph it in the daylight and post more.

If anyone knows of a great dealership in the New York TriState area, I am open to recommendations!

Thanks again all!

I finally got one!-dsc01278.jpg

I finally got one!-dsc01296.jpg
Attached Thumbnails I finally got one!-dsc01280.jpg  
Old 11-02-2004, 09:59 AM
Contributors

malone:
Welcome to the forum, congrats on your new wheels - very nice - enjoy both the car and the forum.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550, Carbon Black Metallic, Natural Brown Dakota Leather, Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, Cold Weather Package, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades, etc. Retired - 2004 545 SMG, Black Sapphire Metallic, Auburn Dakota Leather, Cold Weather and Sports Packages, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades

Welcome and congratulations!

I use Westchester BMW in White Plains NY. It is a BMWNA dealership, not privately owned. While I did lease my E60 there (and my prior E39) I have heard others on the board say you can do better price wise elswhere, though I was pretty close to the best deals I have seen discussed here.

As for service, however, as a BMWNA dealership, they go out of there way to make customers happy. I have been pleased with all of my service contacts. Perhaps becasue I am a repeat customer, I know arrange all of my service through my salesman, who gets me early appointments and a sales loaner with no wait.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:05 AM
JDN
Contributors

Hi, malone. I do believe I see a HUD dash. Looks like a very nice vehicle. How about listing your options in the profile signature. Thanks.
Old 11-02-2004, 01:08 PM
Senior Members

welcome and congrats, malone ! very nice car . can't wait to see more pics .
Old 11-02-2004, 01:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Nice looking car. I'm sure you will love driving it
Old 11-02-2004, 01:42 PM
Members

Nice wheels! congrats on the new car, and welcome.
Old 11-02-2004, 03:10 PM
Contributors

nice ride !! welcome to the community~
Old 11-02-2004, 04:29 PM

Wink

Thanks!

After the highway drive home yesterday, I took it out around the neighborhood today. It seemed a bit antsy in rush hour traffic, or maybe that was just me wanting to actually go faster than 30mph! Seriously, the transmission seemed a wee bit sluggish and the steering skittish, but other than those two things, the car is fabulous! I already feel like a member of this group because my driver side cupholder sticks - but there will be no drinks in my car anyhow!

The option list is a bit of a sore spot for me. I ordered my car on Sept. 11th, and the dealer said that he would have to check on HUD and Bluetooth for me. On Sept. 14th, he called and said that HUD was not available on 2005 US cars, and he didn't think that Bluetooth was either. So my order was placed without HUD, and since I needed a new cellphone, I went out and bought a Nokia 6260.

A couple of days after that, I noticed on this site some people getting HUD, so I call my dealer back, and he says that it's still unavailable and besides my car is already past the stage where they can install it. So no HUD for me.... not from lack of desire though.

What I did get was a Black Sapphire Metallic 545i with Beige interior and the maple wood trim. I have the 6 speed automatic with StepTronic, Sports Package, Premium Sound Package, fold-down rear seats, comfort seats, and the navigation system. All of the options seem to be working beautifully - the iDrive is not a hindrance to me at all. The only thing I need to do now to feel really at home in the car is to find the optimal position for my seat. I'd like to be able to see the lower half of the instrument cluster without looking over the steering wheel roundel!
Old 11-02-2004, 04:40 PM
Members

That last post was mine.

A couple of things - I just called my dealer and he said that my software version was "NAV". Does that make sense? I was expecting a number, like 13.1.

I also asked about Bluetooth functionality and he said that if I bought a BMW control module for $434, plus two others accessories for about $100 each, then I could have Bluetooth in my car which would work with any Bluetooth enabled phone. From what I read, Bluetooth should be in all 2005 5 series. I got a passkey with the car, and I can access the Bluetooth menu from the IDrive. Does anyone know what he's talking about? All I can think of is that he is confusing the functionality in the 2005 cars with the Bluetooth implementation in prior BMWs.

Also, I have the Logic7 system in my car. There's an "AUTOSCAN" via the AM band menu, but the FM band menu has a menu listing called "ALL STATIONS" which seems to do the same thing as AUTOSCAN. I find the difference in naming intriguing. My FM RDS does not seem to be working either. I do not have call letters for any of the FM stations. Is this functionality unavailable to me because I have navigation or something?

Quick Reply: I finally got one!