E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I felt ANGER towards my car and BMW

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 05:29 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last night it gave me trouble starting, it cranked longer then usual before starting. no big deal, did it once. but today, after getting out of orientation at school (yes, i am going back to college) i got in the car and the telescoping steering wheel didnt work and the wheel was stuck in "tractor trailer" position. it bothered me, but when i looked over to back out of my spot, i noticed my Passenger side mirror was way out of adjustment.. AGAIN. seems my passenger side mirror is ALWAYS out of adjustment, and my i drive screen never came on. I turned the car off and back on, the idrive booted fine, but the steering wheel was still out of whack. and i am tired of my brakes squeaking, and i am tired of my tranny slam.

WHAT THE F*CK IS WRONG WITH BMW?

I have:

1. Never been so frustrated with a car
2. Never owned such an expensive car

...I cant help but feel my experience is common. how many times a day we see long standing members and newbies coming on here with the SAME damn questions. why are these cars so unreliable?

maybe i should have gotten a lexus IS-F.

I love my car, and i think it is a beautiful peice of engineering, but i dont feel confident in its reliability.

Has anyone else experienced this feelings?
Old 07-24-2009, 05:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='953635' date='Jul 24 2009, 09:29 PM
Last night it gave me trouble starting, it cranked longer then usual before starting. no big deal, did it once. but today, after getting out of orientation at school (yes, i am going back to college) i got in the car and the telescoping steering wheel didnt work and the wheel was stuck in "tractor trailer" position. it bothered me, but when i looked over to back out of my spot, i noticed my Passenger side mirror was way out of adjustment.. AGAIN. seems my passenger side mirror is ALWAYS out of adjustment, and my i drive screen never came on. I turned the car off and back on, the idrive booted fine, but the steering wheel was still out of whack. and i am tired of my brakes squeaking, and i am tired of my tranny slam.

I have:

...I cant help but feel my experience is common. how many times a day we see long standing members and newbies coming on here with the SAME damn questions. why are these cars so unreliable?

I love my car, and i think it is a beautiful peice of engineering, but i dont feel confident in its reliability.

If your number one priority is reliability, nothing competes with Lexus. Problem is that most Lexuses are horribly boring to drive.

My 2006 infiniti M45 was 100 percent reliable and gave me no trouble for the 3 and a half years I owned it and the 55000 miles I drove it. Not one problem. But the sport suspension sucked (way too rough and brutal) and it was not nearly as involving to drive as my 550.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:44 PM
Contributors

i guess it is not ultra-reliability that i am looking for, i just dont think sub-standard reliability on a 60K car is unacceptable, unless i was buying an all out race car. which i kind of consider the M5 to be.

electronics working properly isnt too much to ask in 2009 i dont think
Old 07-24-2009, 05:46 PM
Contributors

Annoyances as you described shouldn't be found in a car costing 1/2 as much as a BMW; If I were you, and after carefully and completely compiling a written record of every fault you have had with your car and the actions taken (or not taken) / repairs made by a BMW dealer, arrange a meeting with a BMWNA rep. At that meeting you should take the position that as a customer your feedback about product quality needs to be heard.

The market is getting crowded by products that are substandard and BMW isn't priced as if it were one of those products ... so you shouldn't expect it to act like one!
Old 07-24-2009, 05:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i sport

If you have not done so already, I'd make a service appointment and get it fixed. If this is an ongoing problem that you've taken it in for several times already, then I would be pissed and that's a whole different issue. Sounds like maybe just an idrive upgrade? I wouldn't get too impatient. It is very inconvienient for sure, but what are you going to do? It is a complex car that's driven by software. If you traded it in out of haste, you'd just wake up one day to a Lexus in you garage. :thumbsdown:
Old 07-24-2009, 05:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Alpine White e92 M3

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='953635' date='Jul 24 2009, 08:29 PM
Last night it gave me trouble starting, it cranked longer then usual before starting. no big deal, did it once. but today, after getting out of orientation at school (yes, i am going back to college) i got in the car and the telescoping steering wheel didnt work and the wheel was stuck in "tractor trailer" position. it bothered me, but when i looked over to back out of my spot, i noticed my Passenger side mirror was way out of adjustment..AGAIN. seems my passenger side mirror is ALWAYS out of adjustment, and my i drive screen never came on. I turned the car off and back on, the idrive booted fine, but the steering wheel was still out of whack. and i am tired of my brakes squeaking, and i am tired of my tranny slam.

I have:

and I thought it was just me!

I feel you man! I'm getting tired of complaining to the dealer and it seems that the dealer cannot fix sh*t!!! They're going to tell you it's fine or they can't seem to figure out the problem but when you get home and drive the f*cking car, there it is!

I've had my honda civic for 9 years and never heard any squeaking break, and for a BMW, it's just disappointing sometimes!
Old 07-24-2009, 06:19 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530i

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='953635' date='Jul 24 2009, 09:29 PM

back to school in tampa. where at
Old 07-24-2009, 06:40 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW 545i

With those things you mentioned, Id be pissed as hell paying this much for a car and having to deal with that. I hope it gets resolved
Old 07-24-2009, 06:44 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Sorry to hear about your problems Craig, (KNOCKING HEAVILY ON ALL WOOD NEARBY) I haven't had any of these issues yet, I guess I have been lucky - aside from the squealing brakes, I'm good. I am surprised that your 2009 isn't more reliable, shocked really. I don't know what I'd do if I were you - try contacting BMWNA I suppose.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:51 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mbp727' post='953700' date='Jul 24 2009, 10:19 PM
back to school in tampa. where at
I am going to HCC in brandon, then transferring to USF. i will hopefully only have to do 2 semesters at HCC

Quick Reply: I felt ANGER towards my car and BMW