E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i drive screen

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 01:51 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 1) 2004 BMW 530IAlpine WhiteLuxury PackageNavigation 2) 2009 Range Rover Sport Supercharged

i purchased a bmw 2005 530i a while back. it has 4,500 miles and is already acting up. when i start it sometimes the i drive menu fails to apear. the screen says bmw and thats it. i cant turn on the radio, navigation, nothing. ill push every button and nothing happens. it just stops working!! it happened occaisonally at first but the last 2 days i havent been able to use anything at all. do you guys have any idea whats going on? this is my first bmw so im not sure how the whole maintenance and warrant thing work. its still under warranty obviously but the closest bmw dealertship is not the one i bought it at. how do i go about this?

do i take it to the closest bmw dealer and have them fix it? is there anything i need to show em or what?

:thumbsdown: let me know guys..... thanx
Old 12-15-2005, 02:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by snadir' post='211733' date='Dec 15 2005, 05:51 PM
i purchased a bmw 2005 530i a while back. it has 4,500 miles and is already acting up. when i start it sometimes the i drive menu fails to apear. the screen says bmw and thats it. i cant turn on the radio, navigation, nothing. ill push every button and nothing happens. it just stops working!! it happened occaisonally at first but the last 2 days i havent been able to use anything at all. do you guys have any idea whats going on? this is my first bmw so im not sure how the whole maintenance and warrant thing work. its still under warranty obviously but the closest bmw dealertship is not the one i bought it at. how do i go about this?

do i take it to the closest bmw dealer and have them fix it? is there anything i need to show em or what?

I can't pinpoint what is wrong. Could be software, but likely more--maybe. But, yes, it is dealer time. And, usually the dealer will need to reproduce the problem before a fix is attempted. But, maybe a repair would be attempted if you made/took a movie of the malfunction and the circumstances leading up to it. I've never tried such a thing, but why not? Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:28 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530xiT Titanium Silver, 6-speed Manual, new style Start/Stop ignition, Black Dakota Leather, anthracite maple wood trim, heated seats front and rear, heated steering wheel, headlight washers, automatic tailgate, auto dimming mirrors, Logic 7, 6-disc changer, sport seats, shadow line trim, rear sun blinds, PDC, adaptive xenons, 18" style 123 wheels, , navigation, voice control, bluetooth, BMW roof rack + bike attachments,

All you have to do is take it to the nearest dealer. The difference between that and going to where you bought is that they may not give you a loaner while it is being fixed.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:22 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

Originally Posted by snadir' post='211733' date='Dec 15 2005, 02:51 PM

If you tell us where you From: (City, Country), it will help a lot. Every country has different type of warranties.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 550i; Alpine White/Black Dakota/MSport/SAT/IAS/Driver Assistance/ConveniencePkg/Prem Pkg 2/4 Zone AC/Side-Top Cameras/HUD & Black panel/BMW Apps-iPhone 4 Media/M Decklid spolier /Ventureshiled clear bra/ V1 -Ordered 4/9/11, Production 4/19, Shipped on Martorell 4/23,Arrived Port Hueneme 5/19,Delivered 5/21/11

I'm in the same boat. Mine has been dead since last friday. Finally have an appointment on monday. You can try the manual reboot: press mute,dvd, cd eject simultaneously. Didnt work for me.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: ActiveHybrid - fully tricked out
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by vnod' post='211740

I can't pinpoint what is wrong. Could be software, but likely more--maybe. But, yes, it is dealer time. And, usually the dealer will need to reproduce the problem before a fix is attempted. But, maybe a repair would be attempted if you made/took a movie of the malfunction and the circumstances leading up to it. I've never tried such a thing, but why not? Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.
[/quote]

My nav/audio system reboot twice while driving. I took it to the dealer and they were appearently able to read a log the car keeps. It recorded a couple of faults (I think they called them bus faults). They were able to then figure out what to replace and refreshed the software. All's been well since then.

So, yes, take it to the dealer. They may be able to figure it out based on the log.

Cheers.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by 545i now' post='211879' date='Dec 15 2005, 10:29 PM
I'm in the same boat. Mine has been dead since last friday. Finally have an appointment on monday. You can try the manual reboot: press mute,dvd, cd eject simultaneously. Didnt work for me.
Probably fault code 468, dead CID (monitor). About 4 plus hours for TS of CCC and CID and then they will nail it. Most likely the monitor itself.

No TIS yet, but sure seems like a lot of failures. But they fail early (less than 2 weeks) and far later as well. Does not yet appear to be specific to build dates, but with the amount of failures I am sure BMW is researching. Looks like same part number from 9/04 on.

Luck all.