5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/)
-   -   I-drive faults (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/i-drive-faults-642/)

paasan 03-10-2004 05:56 AM

I've also experienced a sometimes faulty connection with our Siemens S55 - especially in cold conditions (<-3 to -4'C). The connection icon has been shown intermittent - and I've been unable to receive and make calls (see someone's previous description - lots of asterisks and so forth)

The problems have solved themselves after a restart of both the car and phone.

-paasan

Mark-Yorkshire 03-10-2004 09:06 AM

ISUK ( Ragdude ),
My standard I drive screen has been fine at temps. below freezing point. However it is early days - only had 10 days!!! Bet you still love your 530d though. Seen pics of your Auburn interior on various different web sites!
Mark-Yorkshire

ISUK 03-11-2004 03:46 AM

Mark,

You're right about the photos, they seem to have been hijacked on various sites. I do still think the car is great and the faults I described are more of a nuisance factor than anything else. Fingers crossed that a software upgrade will sort things out. I'm more annoyed about the latest 530d being Euro 4 compliant which gives a worthwhile tax saving and even more peeved about the forthcoming 535d. Ah well.... My dad is also not 100% happy with his car but I think a lot of that is because he didn't spec it properly. The dealer has talked him into taking a September slot on a new 645Ci but he isn't sure if he'll go ahead with the change. If he doesn't ....... I will!!! :lol:

Mark-Yorkshire 03-11-2004 10:35 AM

Ragdude,
What's wrong with your dad's E60? I remember he had some aftermarket leather fitted - wouldn't mind seeing some pics as I'm not overly impressed by the cloth in my 520.
How's the Z4 going??
Mark

ISUK 03-12-2004 01:53 AM

Mark,

I don't think he is 100% happy with the spec on his car. When he saw mine with the business satnav, bluetooth, 18" 124 alloys, sports seats and the auburn leather I think he just felt unhappy with his car and has never really liked it since. He has had a problem with the drivers seat not having enough support and has had this back in to the dealer to fix a couple of times. They gave him a 735i loan car for a week and he much preffered it. I had a drive of it but didn't like its handling at all. I was also unimpressed with the button fest dash and centre console after the simplicity of the 5. Have to say though that the interior materials used on the 7 are far better than the 5. I'm sure he will change his 5 for either a 6 series or a 7.

As for the Z4, it has been shut away in the garage for the last 2 months and I'm beginning to question whether I should really have bought it as I have only done 2500 miles since June. No doubt my opinion will change as the weather starts to get warmer though :D When I saw the Z4 Individual on the BMW international website I was tempted to trade mine in for one. Still might, you never know...

skidster 03-12-2004 01:57 AM

and, of course, any extra bags of cash left-over after the 6s and Zs, well, it would be a struggle but i'll help take care of at least one of the bags-full!

:D

Mark-Yorkshire 03-12-2004 10:46 AM

Ragdude,
I know what your father means about the standard seats - they are very difficult to adjust to a comfortable fit. I have adjusted mine and found a compromise set up but it is not ideal. The sports seats on my departed A4 Cab were much better as were the seats on my previous 325Ci . I'd get the old man to trade in for a 645!!! By the way did you notice on my pics. that my car came with chrome tailpipes as standard - I remember you had to pay for yours - however I did get stung for the ?300 price increase.
Mark-Yorkshire

ISUK 03-24-2004 05:31 AM

Dropped my car into the dealer this morning to have them look at the i-drive issues previously mentioned along with the gearbox snatching fault when slowing down from 2nd into 1st. Lets see what they do.

They gave me a 320d as a loaner. One question - What do I do with all of the buttons on the dash?? :D

ISUK 03-24-2004 06:17 AM

Just had call from the dealer. They called BMW and were advised that my car requires a software update and that they are not to reprogramme anything until this upgrade is made available ........ AT THE END OF APRIL!

To say that I am not impressed is an understatement. I have called BMW customers services and asked what BMW are going to do to pacify me as I think it is unreasonable to expect a customer who spent ?41k on a car in October to wait until the end of April to get it to work properly. The lady I talked with is calling the dealership to find out what they have been told then she has promised to call me back.

cidair 03-24-2004 10:48 AM

Absolutely unacceptable!

BMW has to sharpen up on all these software issues.

I?m awaiting my NAV PRO upgrade and was told it is delayed again until May!

What?s happening with BMW?