E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
View Poll Results: What Color should I get now?
Titanium Silver
13.33%
Silver Gray
24.44%
Olivin Green
4.44%
Titanium Gray II
17.78%
Monaco Blue
40.00%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

I decided to swap my 520i with a new 523i upon your recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 12:26 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 523iA, 2006, Silver Grey, Black Leatherette Interior, Fine-Wood Trim Poplar Grain Brown High-Gloss, 6 Speed Automatic Transmission with Steptronic, Automatic Air Conditioning with Extended Content, Interior and Exterior Mirrors with Automatic Anti-Dazzle Function (Incl. Folding Function for Exterior Mirror), Electric Front Seats with Memory for Driver, Multi-Function Steering Wheel with Cruise Control, Adjustable Steering Column, BMW Radio with 8 Speakers and CD Drive, Park Distance Control, Universal Bluetooth Cell Phone, Electric Rear Sunblind

Originally Posted by olli_535d' post='282488' date='May 15 2006, 09:50 AM
Shebs,
you have to be happy with it every day.
With all the different personal tastes around the world, this is a decision you need to make yourself.

Good luck with it.

(silver grey for me)
Olli,
I know that it is a decision to make for myself, and if I take the decision again, it will be silver gray again! That is why I asked for your opinions, to know what is the second best color .
Old 05-15-2006, 12:46 AM
Senior Members

I think you should get a pink one.

(just seeing if you are easily led)

Seriously though - I'd personally avoid the olivin green - anything else would be just fine.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:13 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets

Since you're not considering the Mystic blue i would go for the Monaco blue with beige interior.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:22 PM
Members

My Ride: 525i SE Black Saphire, Black Dakota Leather, 116 type alloys

Monaco Blue gets my vote as well. (Pity you didn't have black as an option - but Blue comes a very close second).
Old 05-16-2006, 12:36 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 523iA, 2006, Silver Grey, Black Leatherette Interior, Fine-Wood Trim Poplar Grain Brown High-Gloss, 6 Speed Automatic Transmission with Steptronic, Automatic Air Conditioning with Extended Content, Interior and Exterior Mirrors with Automatic Anti-Dazzle Function (Incl. Folding Function for Exterior Mirror), Electric Front Seats with Memory for Driver, Multi-Function Steering Wheel with Cruise Control, Adjustable Steering Column, BMW Radio with 8 Speakers and CD Drive, Park Distance Control, Universal Bluetooth Cell Phone, Electric Rear Sunblind

Originally Posted by needforspeed' post='282520' date='May 15 2006, 11:46 AM
I think you should get a pink one.

(just seeing if you are easily led)

Seriously though - I'd personally avoid the olivin green - anything else would be just fine.
Really? I was thinking of the pink too. I could not resist the beauty of that color when I saw it here Click Here.

Anyways, it is now for me to decide between Siver Gray and Monaco Blue. It is not an easy choice.
Old 05-16-2006, 05:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Monaco Blue 523iA, Individual High Gloss Shadow Line, Beige Dakota Leather interior with dark poplar wood trim, Navigation Professional, HUD, Heated Sport Steering Wheel, Sports Suspension with Style 124 wheels, on order... Delivery expected in mid July.

I feel you, brother! I ordered a Monaco Blue 523iA from my dealer, only to change the colour to Silver Gray AND change it back again to Monaco Blue when my neighbor got his Silver Gray E60.

Silver Gray looks awesome at night, reflecting the city lights. It is a real head turner. On the other hand, it can look dull in company of other different shades of gray cars that has become so popular. I have also noticed that it looks really awful when dirty (my neighbor doesn't wash his car nearly as often as he should).

The Monaco Blue is really dark and can be polished to a mirror shine. It looks great in the sunlight but will be a pain to keep clean. It is quite special and members of the opposite sex seem to favour the nice deep blue paint, according to an unscientific survey on my female friends. It is a tough choice but ultimately I think you (and I) would be happy with either one since it is the two nicest exterior colours available for the E60 IMHO.

/Thomas