E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

I CANT BELIEVE I FORGOT TO TELL YOU GUYS

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 10:50 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2009 528xi, Jet Black, Black Dakota Leather, Poplar Wood, Steptronic Transmission, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package

One day I decided to go to subway. When i parked, i was in the as far left parking spot possible. When i was sitting there eating, i noticed a bunch of guys that just left looking above my rear right tire (their car was behind mine) as they were going to their car. After i finished eating, I went out and check at what they were looking at. Above my rear left tire (remember, my car is jet black) there was red and green paint that was rubbed on there when another car hit it while getting out of or into their parking spot. I was shocked!!! I knew my dad was going to think it happened at subway (remember, i am 17). When i went home, i found out he was in a very terrible mood!

I told him anyways and he yelled at me. After he cooled down, i explained to him how i parked in the far left parking spot and there was no way possible that someone could have hit. Then he said that yesterday he went to some pakistani/indian festival thing the day before (we are pakistani and believe me, a lot of pakistanis and indians in their camry's/accords do NOT know how to drive) and it was probably hit there.

I then bought Turtle Wax Scratch and Swirl Remover and all the red and green paint came off. Now all that is left are a lot of scratches (not visible....only visible in sunlight when the car is superclean but only noticeable if you know they are there) and a small unnoticable dent (or ding).

Old 09-28-2004, 11:00 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Phew. Hope your papa happy with the solution. :'(
Old 09-28-2004, 11:02 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2009 528xi, Jet Black, Black Dakota Leather, Poplar Wood, Steptronic Transmission, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package

Originally Posted by my530i' date='Sep 28 2004, 02:00 PM
Phew. Hope your papa happy with the solution.? :'(
[snapback]38950[/snapback]
Well, actually, it wasn't me that bought that stuff. I just remembered... he bought it and did it, and i did it the next day cuz the scratches were still visible.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:43 PM
Senior Members

hmm... seems that only my53oi cares

:'(
Old 09-28-2004, 02:54 PM
Senior Members

awww...c'mon, viper, uncle alohalc give you a hug ! we all care about each other . anyway, sad to hear that. i think the better way to remove the remaining scratches, if not too deep, is take it to a good detail shop. surprise your papa with a nice sparkling clean and scratch free car . but if the detail job doesn't do the trick, just don't wash it for a while and all the dirts will cover everything .
Old 09-28-2004, 04:30 PM
Members

17 and your dad lets you drive the 5......my son is 16 and he is not driving my 530i.......or my 911.......or my box....he gets the old grand cherokee next year.. BTW I am of paki origin as well...and yes at the paki/indian functions I park as far away as I can....actually at times I go in my grand cherokee so I don't care if someone scratches it.......

what do you drive 525, 530 or 545
Old 09-28-2004, 04:33 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bimmeroc' date='Sep 28 2004, 02:30 PM
17 and your dad lets you drive the 5......my son is 16 and he is not driving my 530i.......or my 911.......or my box....he gets the old grand cherokee next year.. ? ? BTW I am of paki origin as well...and yes at the paki/indian functions I park as far away as I can....actually at times I go in my grand cherokee so? I don't care if someone scratches it.......

what do you drive 525, 530 or 545
[snapback]39086[/snapback]
he dad has a 525 and it states in the sig section. ummm...you need reading glasses ?
Old 09-28-2004, 08:31 PM
Contributors

When I was 16, I had a 525 too, an e34 525. I use to drive that thing to school against my parents wishes and it got plenty of dings.

I really enjoyed the car, but it was more status and comfort than fun to drive. If I could choose any car when I was 16, I'd probably drive an e36 M3 or an Integra
Old 09-29-2004, 10:48 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Sep 28 2004, 05:54 PM
awww...c'mon, viper, uncle alohalc give you a hug !? we all care about each other .? anyway, sad to hear that.? i think the better way to remove the remaining scratches, if not too deep, is take it to a good detail shop.? surprise your papa with a nice sparkling clean and scratch free car .? but if the detail job doesn't do the trick, just don't wash it for a while and all the dirts will cover everything .
[snapback]39033[/snapback]
How much will this cost?

And it will be kind of hard to do this because my dad takes the 525i to work and when he comes back, i have to tell him or my mom where i am going and i have to take a cell phone with me (unless i take the E60)
Old 09-29-2004, 12:20 PM
Members

I feel for you! Well at least your dad accepted that it wasn't your fault. If he did, you'd probably have a restraining order slapped on you from even coming near any of his cars in the future.

Hope you get that ding fixed soon!

Quick Reply: I CANT BELIEVE I FORGOT TO TELL YOU GUYS