E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

I bought a cheap m5 trunk lip spoiler wont glue down!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 10:11 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 525i Alpine White / Tan

Originally Posted by pjinca
I got them painted from here 4A-Motors the fitment was great, paint was perfect. If it wasn't for the fact that I backed into a prybar my wife left in the middle of my garage I wouldn't be replacing it. Probably order another from them.
Sweet looking into their eBay stuff right now...how is the customer service and shipping time? Also it says "we only price product + shipping buyer must pay all local customs fees"...did you have to pay anything and if so how much? Cuz thats going to factor into my pricing decision..
Old 03-21-2011, 10:25 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by baggedlvintegra
Sweet looking into their eBay stuff right now...how is the customer service and shipping time? Also it says "we only price product + shipping buyer must pay all local customs fees"...did you have to pay anything and if so how much? Cuz thats going to factor into my pricing decision..
Nope, I just paid for product and shipping. There were no "customs fees" involved in my case. As for pricing, if you can find a better price for a set of painted spoilers let me know. I looked around a LOT and couldn't find any, and paint is usually around another $100.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:30 AM
Members

Nope, I just paid for product and shipping. There were no "customs fees" involved in my case. As for pricing, if you can find a better price for a set of painted spoilers let me know. I looked around a LOT and couldn't find any, and paint is usually around another $100.
well Im just looking for the trunk spoiler only...the other overseas seller Im looking at has it for $98 shipped which is $22 less than your 4AMotors seller but if you say fitment is spot on and you didnt have to pay customs fees then the $22 is worth it....how long did it take you to get it once you sent payment?
Old 03-21-2011, 10:34 AM
Contributors

well Im just looking for the trunk spoiler only...the other overseas seller Im looking at has it for $98 shipped which is $22 less than your 4AMotors seller but if you say fitment is spot on and you didnt have to pay customs fees then the $22 is worth it....how long did it take you to get it once you sent payment?

Took about 7 days for shipping, but they kept me pretty well informed too. They sent me an email every step of the way, from paint, to shipping to when it arrived here and was waiting in customs. Pretty good feedback for an international seller actually.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:50 AM
Members

Took about 7 days for shipping, but they kept me pretty well informed too. They sent me an email every step of the way, from paint, to shipping to when it arrived here and was waiting in customs. Pretty good feedback for an international seller actually.
Man thats good to hear! Most eBay sellers have horrible communication even if they are in the US, very scarce that an international seller would have good communication. So does it deliver directly to your house or once it hits customs do you have to pick it up somewhere special or anything? Sorry to thread jack and ask all the questions but this is some very INFORMATIVE AND HELPFUL information for people looking to get a good deal on a quality rep, THANKS PJINCA
Old 03-21-2011, 11:16 AM
Contributors

Man thats good to hear! Most eBay sellers have horrible communication even if they are in the US, very scarce that an international seller would have good communication. So does it deliver directly to your house or once it hits customs do you have to pick it up somewhere special or anything? Sorry to thread jack and ask all the questions but this is some very INFORMATIVE AND HELPFUL information for people looking to get a good deal on a quality rep, THANKS PJINCA

HAHAHA yeah, we did kind of jack this thread, sorry OP. Yeah, it cam straight to my house after it cleared customs. They wrapped it in bubble wrap, several layers and they sent it with a roll of 3M double sided tape too. I went ahead and bought some silicon sealant to use with the tape to hold it really well, and no problems. Like Calvin said after you install just tape it down tight, even if it means you have to cover your trunk for 24 hrs.