E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i am a sinner and i must confess.

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 04:19 PM
e6t
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so. i love my car. one of my partners has an m5 that i love even more. i have negotiated a deal on an f10 m5 (even though there is no pricing available, yada yada yada) where bsically, i will get to order one as soon as they become available, making me one of the first in the US to get the car. Here comes the sin...

Another of my partners just bought a 2010 CTS-V. Holy hell that car is fast. RUTHLESSLY fast. Inexplicably fast. I have driven many, many cars and it is the fastest I have ever driven... by a bit.

Anyway, i have the opportunity to buy a 2010 6-speed manual CTS-V, brand new at a price that rivals what i paid for my 535 AND GMAC is offering 0% interest FOR 72 months. FREE money for 6 years on a car that pretty much trounces the e60 M5 in EVERY measurable category. Not to mention the fact that I can buy it at probably a $40,000 discount to the f10.

My wife thinks im nuts, because she loves my e60 and thinks its a "prettier" car. I agree. The BMW is a better car, but DAMN.

I have put in a bid for the Caddy and will find out if the dealer hits it or not...

I'll keep you all updated because I just may have a perfect, beautiful 535 with 10,000 miles on it up for grabs in a couple days...

feel free to offer your opinions... am I nuts?
Old 07-30-2010, 04:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

No, you're not nuts. I like the CTS-V. For the price, you'll struggle to find a better car.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Sapphire Black Metallic 525i. Beige Dakota Leather, Premium package, bluetooth, BMW Assist, Xenon adaptive lights, Sirius radio

Originally Posted by e6t
so. i love my car. one of my partners has an m5 that i love even more. i have negotiated a deal on an f10 m5 (even though there is no pricing available, yada yada yada) where bsically, i will get to order one as soon as they become available, making me one of the first in the US to get the car. Here comes the sin...

Another of my partners just bought a 2010 CTS-V. Holy hell that car is fast. RUTHLESSLY fast. Inexplicably fast. I have driven many, many cars and it is the fastest I have ever driven... by a bit.

Anyway, i have the opportunity to buy a 2010 6-speed manual CTS-V, brand new at a price that rivals what i paid for my 535 AND GMAC is offering 0% interest FOR 72 months. FREE money for 6 years on a car that pretty much trounces the e60 M5 in EVERY measurable category. Not to mention the fact that I can buy it at probably a $40,000 discount to the f10.

My wife thinks im nuts, because she loves my e60 and thinks its a "prettier" car. I agree. The BMW is a better car, but DAMN.

I have put in a bid for the Caddy and will find out if the dealer hits it or not...

I'll keep you all updated because I just may have a perfect, beautiful 535 with 10,000 miles on it up for grabs in a couple days...

feel free to offer your opinions... am I nuts?
Recent Car and driver has an 2011 cts-v coupe. It beat the Audi RS5 in scoring, but was beaten by the M3 all were automatics. Cadillac has really stepped up their game. Cadillac has the same bumper to bumper warranty and has a longer powertrain warranty. The cadillac dealer is significantly closer to me than the BMW dealership. I think the CTS looks hot, too. I would have to drive one. But, I understand your logic........
Old 07-30-2010, 05:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

for a CTS-V at that price... I understand... I wish BMW sells the M5 for the price of a CTS-V LOL
Old 07-30-2010, 05:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

How's the interior on CTS-V? Better quality than E60 or not really?
Old 07-30-2010, 05:32 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi -- took delivery January 24th, 2008 -- Space Gray w/black dakota leather interior and Bamboo Anthracite wood trim, Sport Package / Premium Package / Cold Weather Package / Logic7 / Bluetooth / IPOD / NAV / 18" Star Spoke 124s...BUT I could not resist the M Aero Kit, tinting the windows and adding front/rear blacked-out Roundels

During a business trip a few months ago, I was able to rent a CTS Sports (3.6L AWD) fully loaded. It was out of place at National Rental and having elite status I talked the guy to release it to me. It had 6 miles on it. While technologically it was impressive, there was a lot of "Cadillac" going on...however, it felt a lot smaller than your grandfather's caddy. So much of this is a matter of taste...BUT I can see how so much horsepower under your @$$ can make you a sinner..;-) I am glad I was only a V6 under mine...cause I could not wait to return to the airport to see my angel eyes welcome me back home....
Old 07-30-2010, 08:46 PM
Senior Members

i rode in an older cts-v and jesus its a fast car. id say get the ctsv; endless amounts of fun... lol
Old 07-30-2010, 08:50 PM
Contributors

Buy two CTS-V's for the price of 1 F10 M5. Get a black one and a white one and start modding!
Old 07-30-2010, 08:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by swajames
No, you're not nuts. I like the CTS-V. For the price, you'll struggle to find a better car.
+1. Had my wife not insisted that I not get a Caddy, I might be rolling in a CTS-V. Faster than an E60 M5 at less than the price of my 550. And the reviews of the car are very impressive.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:13 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 528i blk/blk' , black grills, v2 angel eyes 20 inch Beyern Mesh staggered black, H&R springs AFE stage 1 intake Sprintbooster V2 Meisterschaft Pro SuS exhaust

Just picked up the new motor trend. In a 3 car comparo the F 10 placed third saying the new electronic steering is terrible. The writers couldn't believe it. A Beemer in 3rd. Usually I would never endorse the caddy but in this case....

Quick Reply: i am a sinner and i must confess.