E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

I am no longer enjoying my car

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 09:11 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

For a $65K car from BMW I expect atleast the fit and finish that I enjoyed for many years in my Honda Accord. I am anal about rattles, far more intolerant of them than the average driver.
  • Door Locks- Rattling until changed
  • Rear parcel shelf rattling until sunshade replaced
  • constant rattles from door seals, cleaned and replaced and cleaned again and again
  • rattle from gear shift
  • rattle from rear central armrest- to be fixed
  • steering wheel rattling- determined left side buttons- per BMW bulletin
Other quality issues
  • Windscreen whistle over 125mph- fixed in Rome and again at local dealer
  • Sun Roof wind noise. Much better now that seal has been changed.
  • Active headlight periodically faulty. several modules changed.
  • Tires replaced twice
  • Faulty Active suspension module caused struts to stay firm all the time causing rough ride
  • Brake sensors and pads replaced. Sensors caused scraping sound
I must say that I would be miserable if it wasn't for excellent service from my dealer. None of the above have cost me a cent in 2 years and 24,000 miles. I have never had to argue with them and they have always given me a BMW loaner while they are working on the car.

Now, she is riding hard again, I think the shock pressure is high. And those buttons rattling are drving me crazy.

Should I get another e60 next year. Wait for the F10 or just buy a Hyundai.???
Old 06-12-2006, 10:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i JETBLACK/BLACK DAKOTA, COLD WEATHER PKG, PREMIUM PKG, ADAPTIVE XENON HEADLIGHTS, AUTO TRANSMISSION WITH 6 SPEED STEPTRONIC, BLUETOOTH SETUP,SAT SETUP AND WIFE AS CO-PILOT

sorry to hear that... kinda miss my car right now... here in canada ,vancouver anyways.. when we bought the x 2 months ago.. ive been having fun with that..although i feel the interior quality could be better... lots of rattles in the x5..anyways... maybe time to trade... or mod..ericd
Old 06-12-2006, 10:20 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i, Black Sapphire, SMG, M-Aerokit, Sports Package, Comfort Access, Logic 7,

Originally Posted by Hormazd' post='296761' date='Jun 12 2006, 10:11 PM
For a $65K car from BMW I expect atleast the fit and finish that I enjoyed for many years in my Honda Accord. I am anal about rattles, far more intolerant of them than the average driver.
  • constant rattles from door seals, cleaned and replaced and cleaned again and again
  • rattle from gear shift
Other quality issues
  • Tires replaced twice
  • Faulty Active suspension module caused struts to stay firm all the time causing rough ride
I must say that I would be miserable if it wasn't for excellent service from my dealer. None of the above have cost me a cent in 2 years and 24,000 miles. I have never had to argue with them and they have always given me a BMW loaner while they are working on the car.

Now, she is riding hard again, I think the shock pressure is high. And those buttons rattling are drving me crazy.

Hormazd.. There is medication for OCD, holycrappp LOL

JK

Actually Hyundai is a pretty solid car. I just can't imagine buying one...
Old 06-12-2006, 10:21 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530i - Sport - 6spd - Orient Blue with Auburn/Anthracite

Originally Posted by Hormazd' post='296761' date='Jun 12 2006, 10:11 PM
  • rattle from gear shift
Other quality issues
  • Tires replaced twice

Ahhh - those rattling steering wheel buttons! It is the most annoying noise - I've had it fixed twice and both time is has come back - I hate driving with my finger always resting on the buttons to keep them quiet... arrgghh!
Old 06-12-2006, 10:29 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about E60-like Kia Rio
Old 06-12-2006, 10:33 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

my car a believe has quite a few rattles...but i cant hear any of them, they are all drowned out by the noisy RFTs...i only detect rattles when the car is at a stop....so i would say i dont feel so bad...but i wounder what will change when i change to nonRFTs..but i do have a rattle under the steering wheel...i think its the trim...

if your only complaint about the e60 is the rattles, and overall you have enjoyed driving the car...i suggest you get a new e60, as new ones have made a few impprovements in those areas...
Old 06-12-2006, 10:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Eeek thats scary to hear... not enjoying the car anymore? Have you seen the latest JD powers rating? I think you should get a car from the most reliable car manufacuture for 2006 till the F10 comes out.

No it wasnt Lexus... although you might want to consider 2nd place.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:42 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

Originally Posted by jmdhuse' post='296779' date='Jun 12 2006, 11:21 PM
Ahhh - those rattling steering wheel buttons! It is the most annoying noise - I've had it fixed twice and both time is has come back - I hate driving with my finger always resting on the buttons to keep them quiet... arrgghh!
Same here. I had to press the buttons with my thumb all the time.
I am gald it got fixed.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:40 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Hormazd' post='296761' date='Jun 13 2006, 06:11 AM
  • rattle from gear shift
Other quality issues
  • Tires replaced twice

I say chill-out turn up the stereo and go for a nice long drive around some twisty roads.

Then try the same in a hyundai

That's why you bought a BMW - nothings perfect in the world - we just all need to relax and smell the flowers
Old 06-13-2006, 04:24 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by needforspeed' post='296817' date='Jun 13 2006, 09:40 AM
I say chill-out turn up the stereo and go for a nice long drive around some twisty roads.

Then try the same in a hyundai

That's why you bought a BMW - nothings perfect in the world - we just all need to relax and smell the flowers
then try once more in a porsche

Quick Reply: I am no longer enjoying my car