E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

hydraulic warning light on

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 12:14 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was on my way home from work, about not even a mile when the hydraulic warning light came on(sorry dont have any pic). It instructed me not to drive further, so i pulled over and waited a few minutes then I restarted the car. I was expecting it to come back but it did not. So i drove around until I reached my home which is about 17 miles. Should I be concerned? Was this cpu hiccup or do I need to call the dealership to get it checked? I did not notice any difference with my driving it home at that time. I read in the manual that it could be a leak in the hydraulics, but would it not be giving the warning consistently it this was the case? Thanks for your comments!
Old 12-10-2008, 04:51 PM
Members

Spoke to a SA this pm and tolh him of what happened, he said it may have been a sensor error, if there was really a problem the warning would have stayed on. Ill take the car in am for oil change and will mention this again so they can manually check for such issue.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:44 PM
Members

Sounds like a problem I'm experiencing. When I turn the engine off after getting the error, it never comes back on after that. However i notice it more frequently when I first start driving and take a heavy turn. Here's a link from my post w/ pics. Let me know if you find a fix...

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=66998
Old 12-10-2008, 11:22 PM
Members

That was the first time it happened, and yes there was a big drop in temp when it happened. I will take it to dealer in am for oil change and will have them check the hydraulics and see what they find out. Will let you know via this post.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:22 PM
Members

So i told the sa about the warning light that came on again this am. He said it the power steering fluids being low so all they did was topping it. I hope this solves the problem. Will let you know how it all goes.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:27 PM
Members

So i told the sa about the warning light that came on again this am. He said it was the power steering fluids being low so all they had to do was to fill it up. I hope this solves the problem. Will let you know how it all goes.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:43 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you say Hydrolics, do you mean the powersteering fluid, or clutch, or what?
Old 12-12-2008, 01:50 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The type of Hydraulic fluid they use in the power steering seems to settle drastically when cold. So if your a little low in the summer but not low enough to trigger the warning as soon as it get cold it will trigger the warning. Nothing to worry about just fill your fluid up. Not a bad idea to buy a bottle at the shop the next time your there as its almost impossible to find it any store.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:36 PM
Members

Originally Posted by skylolow' post='744156' date='Dec 12 2008, 04:50 PM
The type of Hydraulic fluid they use in the power steering seems to settle drastically when cold. So if your a little low in the summer but not low enough to trigger the warning as soon as it get cold it will trigger the warning. Nothing to worry about just fill your fluid up. Not a bad idea to buy a bottle at the shop the next time your there as its almost impossible to find it any store.
what type of fluid do I use and where is it located?
Old 12-14-2008, 04:27 PM
Members

i got this a few times last week.. took it in for service. just low on fluids.. i wouldn't be concerned.

Quick Reply: hydraulic warning light on