E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how to tell current daten version?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 05:50 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey guys I'm about to flash my cgate with daten 45 files is there a way to find out what version of daten I have currently uploaded onto my car just incase things go bad I can flash it back to the older files? I currently know of the idrive hack but when I tried it the daten info doesnt come up, I later learned that the idrive hack only gives that information for e60s with mask. i have a 2004 530i US car with ccc.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:03 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by spediegunz
hey guys I'm about to flash my cgate with daten 45 files is there a way to find out what version of daten I have currently uploaded onto my car just incase things go bad I can flash it back to the older files? I currently know of the idrive hack but when I tried it the daten info doesnt come up, I later learned that the idrive hack only gives that information for e60s with mask. i have a 2004 530i US car with ccc.
You cannot go back!
Old 07-09-2012, 12:15 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
You cannot go back!
+1. Once you're updated to a newer version that's it.
You can tell what version you have from the UIF.

Why are you doing this?
Old 07-09-2012, 07:49 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by AchtungE60
Why are you doing this?
first off thanks for the info guys I looked at the uif screen and I got my current zbnr fortunately it is available as one of the options in my version of winkfp and the v45 daten files i have so i guess if things go wrong i should be okay to change back.

how can you tell which daten files were used on the uif screen? I see zbnr's for the ecus and the dates they were uploaded

how to tell current daten version?-myuif.jpg

The reason I am doing this is because I wanted to upgrade my 04 to the cic controller and I wanted to learn how flash back to my current zbnr as a precaution because I have read in somecases people did this flash and the new controller still didn't work for 2 reasons.

(a) because their car needed an entire update first, ( I am a big candidate for this because my car is an 04 and I am the second owner, looking at the uif it seems some of my ecu's were updated back in 09 including the cgate which is the one i want to update now)

(b) I also was told certain cic controllers aren't compatible with doing this mod. unfortunately I found out this after I purchased my cic controller off of ebay for a great price. This cic controller is originally for a z4 roadster. so I'm crossing my fingers that the controller works, if it doesn't work i want to be able to flash back to my previous zbnr to continue using my old controller until I sort out my issues.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:20 PM
Senior Members

hope its okay to post that
Old 07-10-2012, 03:45 PM
Senior Members

had a little dry run with winkfp today, I think I'm ready everything looked like it worked the way it was supposed to. crossing my fingers for tomorrow I flash
Old 07-10-2012, 04:15 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

Why did you block out the last 7 of your VIN? lol
From your UIF it looks like you already had some programming done to this car. The yyyyy indicates that those units do not have your VIN or were wrote to incorrectly.
Did you have your MULF replaced?

If you want to reflash something with the current ZB number you can do that. You can put the flash on the unit and if it doesn't work you can just flash it back to the old one.
But again, I will ask the question.......Why are you doing this since you have a 2009 flash? Should work fine with the CIC as long as it's the same part. Why don't you just put the CIC controller in, load up NCS and do a process all to encode it to your car before thinking of a flash? For your car there is probably no newer update besides the one you have.
The UIF is not going to show you the daten file version. It only contains the ZB numbers.
As a rule, always use the highest daten files available.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:28 PM
Senior Members

LOL I blocked it because I wasn't sure if there are forum rules against it or something LOL. I recently did a tcu retrofit thats about it on my part anything else was done previous to my ownership.

It makes sense what your are saying about just popping the controller in and giving it a try, I could do that before I go through with it, however I was just reading info posted by others who have done this flash already.
after selecting zusb cc6260 which represents the cgate, winkfp give me 2 options zbnr : 9185627 which is my current setting, and it also give me zbnr: 9185636 which is what all the diy's i have read said to flash to, I'm guessing one has to do with the old controller and the other has to do with the cic controller.

so assuming since the latest ecu flash was in 09 and they followed the rule of always using the latest daten, which daten version was around back in 09 lol
Old 07-11-2012, 02:04 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

When I initially installed my CIC controller it would not work at all. I didn't even get any power to illuminate the controller. I tried Low and High with slopes in INPA but nothing. After updating with Winkfp which took about 30-40 minutes and then letting the car go to sleep for a few, the controller worked as advertised!
Old 01-11-2013, 07:13 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 530D M-Sport, Steptronic, Grey Metallic, Retrofits: Sport Comfort Black Leather, M-Sport Alu Cube Dash Trim, Shadow Line Trim, CCC Pro Nav, Full M5 Conversion, M5 Mirrors, Quad M5, 20" M5 Gloss Black wheels, AC High Panel, Internal Boot Release, Mods: Xenons, Carbon Fibre Roof, Dension 500, Drilled & Grooved Discs,

Hi mate what did you fo in the end?

I been told its the mostgw that needs flashing?

Not cgate which one is it

Quick Reply: how to tell current daten version?