E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

How to sync blackberry q10 BB10 phone book by bluetooth with bmw

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 07:15 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking How to sync blackberry q10 BB10 phone book by bluetooth with bmw

Hello,

Just sharing a quick fix!

I am one of those who very nearly threw the blackberry q10 running bb10 OS against the wall on the first day, and then held myself back upon considering resale value on return, but kept giving it a go and now i love this phone!

Until...the phone book wouldn't sync with my car (e60) by bluetooth (iDrive). So the phone audio connects, but you end up having to manually use the phone to make a phone call, which defeats the purpose of "hands-free", because the phone book wont download via bluetooth, meaning you cannot use your iDrive knob to find contacts and dial (annoying!)

But...the 10.2 'OS leak' fix from "BerryLeaks" (super guys!) works...you can download exact version for blackberry q10 i am using here:

BerryLeaks Team Presents:10.2.0.1047 for ALL DEVICES - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

and now the bluetooth works perfectly and the phonebook is now in the car...I am happy, and hopefully this will solve other BMW drivers problems...(or other cars having bluetooth phone book problems)

The instructions are fairly simple to follow:

1. Download the correct version from the link above (click on Q10)

2. You will need to register with your blackberry ID on the blackberry beta test site to be able to download (and agree to usual terms)

3. After the 1gig+ download of autoloader, you should FIRST BACKUP your entire phone using blackberry link. (connect phone, run blackberry link, click on wheel top right corner, then perform full backup so you can restore phone after upgrade wipes everything)

4. Double click downloaded upgrade file...an enjoy

5. You will need to re-enter your passcode on the phone (if you are using Dension Gateway, which i am using, but it autoconnects now)...

Original post on Crackberry