E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

how to set the climate control off while entering the car?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 07:06 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi:
I have the 2004 525i, I have a question,
I always turn the climate control off when I leave the car.
but, while I enter the car and put the key in the ignition, the claim control(fan) will turn on itself.
but this is not happening all the time. sometime it's off.
what's the correct way to set the climate control in off position all the time?
I did search all around in the I-drive, not there.

Thanks
Old 11-03-2010, 09:55 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 95 M3 CAI, chipped, pulleys, Xbrace, doesn't give headaches every time I start up! 04 545i all the goodies INCLUDING HEADACHES!

I have the same question. I seems to have a mind of it's own. Or maybe it's controlled by outside/inside air temp that is sensed upon start up that you can't override.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Sapphire Black Metallic 525i. Beige Dakota Leather, Premium package, bluetooth, BMW Assist, Xenon adaptive lights, Sirius radio

Could it be part of your key memory? If you had it on when you left the car it will turn it on when you enter? like adjusting to your last seat and steering wheel setting?
Old 11-03-2010, 05:48 PM
Members

Originally Posted by mels545
I have the same question. I seems to have a mind of it's own. Or maybe it's controlled by outside/inside air temp that is sensed upon start up that you can't override.

I did try to play around the key memory, just doesn't work.
I think the reason might be the out/in temp.
on my previous E46 330ci, I could just set it off then it won't come on automatically.

any idea ?
Old 11-04-2010, 01:02 AM
Senior Members

I cannot answer your question on whats the logic behind this, but I can tell you that you can switch this function permanently off during a software update.

On my 2004 car I had it switched off and also adjusted a few other small things during a software update.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:14 AM
Members

I talked to BMW service advisor about this. It can't be done at least in pre-lci. This has got to be hell on your a/c compressor. I just had mine swapped under CPO. It definitely helps extended the life of the compressor to turn the air off before you turn the car off.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:14 AM
Members

Not sure where I read it, here or another forum, but someone suggested that theirs worked, not with the key, but with the actual memory button on the seat. That he turned off the A/C stored that in memory using the seat memory button, physically; then the car remembered the setting.

I've not had a chance to verify if this works in mine.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:22 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Bad Debt
I talked to BMW service advisor about this. It can't be done at least in pre-lci. This has got to be hell on your a/c compressor. I just had mine swapped under CPO. It definitely helps extended the life of the compressor to turn the air off before you turn the car off.

that's what I'm worrying..
when I just got the driver's license long time ago, I learned this from the book.
Never turn on any electric on the car while you start the engine, unless you don't mind to blow the fuse or cause other worst issue.

I'm kinda old school, I always turn off everything while leave the car, and never keep anything on while I start the engine..
that's why the climate control on my E60 piss me off..
Old 11-05-2010, 05:02 AM
Members

Originally Posted by rkoenig
Not sure where I read it, here or another forum, but someone suggested that theirs worked, not with the key, but with the actual memory button on the seat. That he turned off the A/C stored that in memory using the seat memory button, physically; then the car remembered the setting.

I've not had a chance to verify if this works in mine.
Well, it seemed to work, but, I think it was more a function of time than anything.
Started the car, turned off A/C stored in seat memory.
Turned off car, restarted car, no A/C
Drove 10 minutes, turned off car, left for 10 minutes, restarted car, no A/C.
Drove 10 minutes, parked for 3 hours, restarted car, A/C started.
This AM A/C restarted.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:37 AM
Members

i had this annoying feature, i manage to turn it off using progman on my laptop its in the ckm (Car Key Memory) option

it gives you an option that says A/C off with auto active? or inactive
and also it says OFF Memory active? or inactive?

if you find someone to do that for you then it'll solve your problem...

because now i can leave my aircon off or heating, and when i get back in the car turn my ign on, it stays off or whatever option i left it with

btw my E60 is a PRE LCI

Quick Reply: how to set the climate control off while entering the car?