E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

how much my 525i worth ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 03:31 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535i

Originally Posted by AchtungE60
I made 700 miles in 7 hours and stopped for gas a few times!
Seriously?
Old 10-02-2011, 03:48 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

Originally Posted by ProMed
Seriously?
Hmmm....Do you come across a lot of people that make up stories for no reason? Does it sound too exaggerated for you?
I live in an open, flat part of U.S. and I drive about 100 MPH avg on normal days 125 MPH or a little above when I'm in a rush. Of course carefully. After reaching speeds of 186 MPH on a bike 100-125 really isn't all too fast in a vehicle with 4 wheels that handles like a dream. Of course this is not city driving. Yes I've gotten a few tickets here and there but I know how to handle these situations so I don't have a negative outcome. I'm not some little kid and probably wouldn't do this in ANY vehicle. I know how to handle my situations just fine. Perhaps speed scares some just as heights scare others? I would probably need to be in a jet to get the same feel as a normal person gets from speeds above 150 MPH.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:47 PM
Contributors

Hmmm....Do you come across a lot of people that make up stories for no reason? Does it sound too exaggerated for you?
I live in an open, flat part of U.S. and I drive about 100 MPH avg on normal days 125 MPH or a little above when I'm in a rush. Of course carefully. After reaching speeds of 186 MPH on a bike 100-125 really isn't all too fast in a vehicle with 4 wheels that handles like a dream. Of course this is not city driving. Yes I've gotten a few tickets here and there but I know how to handle these situations so I don't have a negative outcome. I'm not some little kid and probably wouldn't do this in ANY vehicle. I know how to handle my situations just fine. Perhaps speed scares some just as heights scare others? I would probably need to be in a jet to get the same feel as a normal person gets from speeds above 150 MPH.
My "seriously?" was just that, asking if you were being serious. It's kind of odd that the first thing you reply with is a defense against making up stories and exaggeration.

Certainly you type like you want others to hold you in a high regard. However, any squid with a few grand and a low IQ can reach 186 on a sportbike, most liter bikes will do that stock. Of course topping out a motorcycle and topping out a car are only similar in that neither requires any sort of skill or talent whatsoever. On public roads, they both only require that you hold yourself and others in low enough regard to hold the throttle or pedal all the way open.

700 miles in 7 hours and stopped for gas a few times!
How long do you think it took you to stop for gas a few times? Being a "few", I assume that means at least 3 stops. I'm interested to know what kind of average speeds would be needed to cover 700 miles in 7 hours and still allow enough time to stop and fill up with gas three or more times.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:15 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

Originally Posted by ProMed
My "seriously?" was just that, asking if you were being serious. It's kind of odd that the first thing you reply with is a defense against making up stories and exaggeration.

Certainly you type like you want others to hold you in a high regard. However, any squid with a few grand and a low IQ can reach 186 on a sportbike, most liter bikes will do that stock. Of course topping out a motorcycle and topping out a car are only similar in that neither requires any sort of skill or talent whatsoever. On public roads, they both only require that you hold yourself and others in low enough regard to hold the throttle or pedal all the way open.

How long do you think it took you to stop for gas a few times? Being a "few", I assume that means at least 3 stops. I'm interested to know what kind of average speeds would be needed to cover 700 miles in 7 hours and still allow enough time to stop and fill up with gas three or more times.
Well let's see here, I speak how I speak so take it how you will. My reply was odd to you? Who are you to decide if something is odd or not? Why would you ask if I was serious? Ask yourself that and you'll get your answer and you already have my response and hopefully you can move on.

700 miles in 7 hours = 100 mph average. That was long ago, I probably stopped for gas only 2 times as the car get's about 380-400 miles per tank and let's just say it took about 10 minutes to fill. So any other math you can do as you've been given the variables.

I haven't been active too much in the past 6 months or so here, but when I'm active, I'm active. Out of the years being on this forum, I don't believe I have ever gotten along with everyone and I wouldn't expect it to be any different now. Some people were just born with pacifiers in their mouths and others weren't. Which one am I? Which one are you? You can answer that. But don't just take your own opinion, ask friends and family...ex-girlfriends are usually honest and objective about that so ask them too.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:33 PM
Contributors

Well let's see here, I speak how I speak so take it how you will. Why would you ask if I was serious? Ask yourself that and you'll get your answer and you already have my response and hopefully you can move on.

700 miles in 7 hours = 100 mph average. That was long ago, I probably stopped for gas only 2 times as the car get's about 380-400 miles per tank and let's just say it took about 10 minutes to fill. So any other math you can do as you've been given the variables.

I haven't been active too much in the past 6 months or so here, but when I'm active, I'm active. Out of the years being on this forum, I don't believe I have ever gotten along with everyone and I wouldn't expect it to be any different now. Some people were just born with pacifiers in their mouths and others weren't. Which one am I? Which one are you? You can answer that. But don't just take your own opinion, ask friends and family...ex-girlfriends are usually honest and objective about that so ask them too.
Seriously?
Old 10-04-2011, 08:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

No really, seriously? WTF was that?