E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

How many bought the aftermarket reproduction LCI tails?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 09:51 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Ross, it might be a personal preference thing, but I think the rods brightening at braking actually looks better.

When the LCI tails brake, you don't see the rods at all, which really takes the sexiness out of it. I am hoping that I can find the time to do Ricky's tail mod so that my rods show even when braking.
I got Ricky to do his mod to a set of LCI lights i managed to source... It looks MUCH better as only the rods light up!!!!
Old 03-31-2010, 11:40 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: F10 M-Sport
Model Year: 2014

I am aware that many of the members here are skeptical about these aftermarket LCI tail lights. Personally i think these tails are "ALL THAT" !
I have the tinted version - and I use the 'specialized' cables from Bruce - and these lights are such an improvement over the oem pre-LCI taillights in appearance its not even close. Like someone mentioned above its worth it just for the led turnsignals. I purchased the lights and Bruce's cables for a total of $480 US - i think its a fair price for a mod that I really like.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:44 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by sportzfan76
I am aware that many of the members here are skeptical about these aftermarket LCI tail lights. Personally i think these tails are "ALL THAT" !
I have the tinted version - and I use the 'specialized' cables from Bruce - and these lights are such an improvement over the oem pre-LCI taillights in appearance its not even close. Like someone mentioned above its worth it just for the led turnsignals. I purchased the lights and Bruce's cables for a total of $480 US - i think its a fair price for a mod that I really like.

I agree, I really like the look of these lights and the uniqueness of them as well. I also have the tinted version and it makes the turn signals look almost identical to my paint color
Old 03-31-2010, 12:15 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 520d - 19" 172s- Remapped - LCI taillights V6 cables - LCI xenon headlights - Denison 500 with BTA1500 - led interior lights - OEM led number plate lights Planned mods: Folding mirrors - Modmynav kit - High gloss shadowline trim -

Anyone able to post pictures of these during the day and night? I want to see how they compare to OEM with V6 cable.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:22 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 535i M Sport 6MT
Model Year: 2010

Is there higher risk of melt down if brake light is lit often / continuously while stopped in traffic during the summer heat? Is there enough difference in brightness to distinguish the brake light for those behind the vehicle?
Old 03-31-2010, 02:08 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Ross, it might be a personal preference thing, but I think the rods brightening at braking actually looks better.

When the LCI tails brake, you don't see the rods at all, which really takes the sexiness out of it. I am hoping that I can find the time to do Ricky's tail mod so that my rods show even when braking.
I totally agree with you in regards to the LCI tails. Whenever I'm behind an LCI E60 and they brake, the rods aren't very distinguishable anymore and I thought it didn't look as good. As for these tails, I would be in to see pictures with Uncle Fodder's mods, then I might just have to buy some .

If you ever get your rods to go brighter when braking let me know, I saw Ricky's pictures, they looked sweeeeeet!
Old 03-31-2010, 03:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 M5 alpine white, black full leather, etc.

Originally Posted by TakmaN
I totally agree with you in regards to the LCI tails. Whenever I'm behind an LCI E60 and they brake, the rods aren't very distinguishable anymore and I thought it didn't look as good. As for these tails, I would be in to see pictures with Uncle Fodder's mods, then I might just have to buy some .

If you ever get your rods to go brighter when braking let me know, I saw Ricky's pictures, they looked sweeeeeet!
+1
Old 03-31-2010, 08:13 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by TakmaN
I saw Ricky's pictures, they looked sweeeeeet!
Where is ricky's picture?
Old 04-01-2010, 02:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i Mods: M5 sporty package, M5 Steering wheel, Sprint Booster

Originally Posted by Bteljuice
Where is ricky's picture?
Here.
https://5series.net/forums/topic/882...st__p__1094625

Thanks for appreciation.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:31 AM
Members

My Ride: '07 550i

Originally Posted by ricky1329
Ricky - So one of the things the circuit does is completely eliminate the brake bulbs (whether as running light or brake lights)? No computer errors are thrown?

Quick Reply: How many bought the aftermarket reproduction LCI tails?