E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to keep my 1 day old E60 looking like new

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 12:45 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: On Order, due in May - 2007MY 530D SE, Silver Grey, Black Dakota, Auto, Brushed aluminium shadowline,sports seats / wheel, hi fi speakers, mats, space saver wheel and a few more bits

My new E60 is nearly 2 days old now and is absolutely gleaming

I have read so many posts about waxing, polymer protection, claying etc but need a simple quick way to keep the gloss

Car is only leased so will go back in 3 years but I want herr to keep the new look

Was intending to use Autoglymn car shampoo weekly and Autoglymn resin polish then protection layer every 4 months

Is Maguires better?

Why do so many of you "wax" - is it easy?

After only 61 miles on the clock I already have a heavy build up of brake dust
Old 04-30-2006, 01:24 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 550i 6 Speed MT, Navigation, PDC, Cold Weather Pkg, Logic7, Prem Pkg, Sport Pkg, Active Steering, Comfort Seats, Comfort Access, HUD, Alpine White on Black Dakota & a Big Grin ;-) <---- On the vessel from Germany... ******** '05 545i 6 Speed MT, Navigation, PDC, Cold Weather Pkg, Logic7, Prem Pkg, Sport Pkg, UUC EVOIII SSK, Silver Gray on Black Dakota..... (Buy back by BMW NA)

Originally Posted by 07530d' post='276196' date='Apr 30 2006, 04:45 PM

I have read so many posts about waxing, polymer protection, claying etc but need a simple quick way to keep the gloss

Car is only leased so will go back in 3 years but I want herr to keep the new look

Was intending to use Autoglymn car shampoo weekly and Autoglymn resin polish then protection layer every 4 months

Is Maguires better?

Go to my post from today... - REJEX !!
Old 04-30-2006, 01:58 PM
KAF
Contributors

My Ride: F11 535i M-Sport,, Silver, Black Leather, LED Adaptive headlights
Model Year: 2015
Engine: N55

Originally Posted by 07530d' post='276196' date='Apr 30 2006, 09:45 PM

Is Maguires better?

There is no one answer.

have a look in the detailing forum, I went with 'Klasse' or 'Car Lack 68' as it is called in the UK.

It is an acrylic sealant that gets very good reports.

Look at these links.

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=25192

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/inf-klasse.html

http://www.thepolishingcompany.com/foryourcar.html For UK supplies
Old 04-30-2006, 02:08 PM
JDN
Contributors

Believe me, you cannot beat RejeX for easy and gleaming. I parked in the vicinity of a show car a week or so ago. The owner came over and looked at my freshly RejeXed 2-year old 545 and immediately asked for the source of RejeX.

The only criteria for success is that you apply at 85 degrees or less and let it cure for 12 hours before exposing it to the elements. It is very easy to apply.
Old 04-30-2006, 02:09 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: On Order, due in May - 2007MY 530D SE, Silver Grey, Black Dakota, Auto, Brushed aluminium shadowline,sports seats / wheel, hi fi speakers, mats, space saver wheel and a few more bits

Originally Posted by JDN' post='276218' date='Apr 30 2006, 11:08 PM
Believe me, you cannot beat RejeX for easy and gleaming. I posted in the vicinity of a show car a week or so ago. The owner came over and looked at my freshly RejeXed 2-year old 545 and immediately asked for the source of RejeX.

The only criteria for success is that you apply at 85 degrees or less and let it cure for 12 hours before exposing it to the elements. It is very easy to apply.
Is it available in the UK??
Old 04-30-2006, 02:19 PM
Members

My Ride: 525i M Sport Touring (E61): Mystic Blue with Beige Leather and Light Poplar Wood Trim | M Sport Package: Anthracite Headlining, Dechroming, 18" M Spoke Alloy Wheels (135) & RFT's, M Sport Steering Wheel, Sports Seats, M Door Entry Sill Trims, M Sport Suspension Settings, M Aero Bodykit I | Pro NAV | Bluetooth Prep | Xenons | Adapative Headlights | Headlight Washers | HUD | PDC | Automatic Air Con - Advanced | Automatic Tailgate Operation | Heated Front Seats | Sun Protection Glass | Non-Smoker Package |

Originally Posted by 07530d' post='276219' date='Apr 30 2006, 11:09 PM
Found it here: www.advancedcarproducts.com/products.asp?cat=15
Old 04-30-2006, 02:22 PM
Contributors

better than wax....

get her a nice pj and put it in a closet and most important...dont ride her.

Old 04-30-2006, 02:27 PM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by 07530d' post='276219' date='Apr 30 2006, 05:09 PM
I gave a bottle to Andy545 (Netherlands) when he was visiting Dallas a couple of years ago. He was going to check for a source. Also, some others in Germany were checking for a European source (kigerka, I think). Follow this thread for some help on your side of the pond.
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...&st=?entry76753
Old 04-30-2006, 03:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

I take meticulous care of my car, and it's in pristine condition.

I am willing to bet that at 28,000 miles, my car is in better condition than anyone else on this forum with 5,000 or more miles on their car. I'm that confident about it. I don't have so much as a rock chip. Not one dent. Not a scratch. Nothing. I don't use a clear bra, either.

The single most important piece of advice I can give you is to be careful when you drive, especially on the highway. That means do not follow anyone too closely.... but be particularly careful not to follow trucks. Cars & trucks kick up all sorts of debris, which your car will smack into if you follow too closely.

Another tip is to be careful where you park. I always park in end spaces. I will go out of my way to find them, especially in crowded parking lots. Try to hug the curb as close as possible to increase the distance between you and the car on the one side.

As for detailing tips, here's what I use:

Washing: (1-2 times per week, depending on need)

BMW car wash soap.
Lamb fleece wash mitt.

Drying: (after every wash)

Microfiber towels

Wax: (about Every 3 weeks)

"Top of the Line" Trade Secret Carnauba paste wax
Applied by hand with foam applicator pads
Removed with diaper cloth.... (NOT MICROFIBER, this is important. Microfiber are good for drying, but bad for removing wax... because they strip too much away)

Clay:

I use the clay bar about every 3-4 months, depending on need. Sometimes I may just clay the front bumper, hood, and mirrors... since they get the brunt of bugs and other debris.
Always follow clay with wax.

Polish:

When I start to see swirl marks, I will wash/dry and then use some Light Powercut Leveler. I do this with an orbital polisher machine I own. It's a Cyclo, dual head polisher. It's absolutely idiotproof. Best polisher made, hands down. Always follow polish with wax.

Interior:

Autoglym leather cleaner, and conditioner. (Thanks to RodyBMW, for the recommendation) This stuff is great. It wipes clean, without leaving a greasy residue.... leaving the seats with the factory, dry matte finish. I am the only person who ever rides in my car, for the most part..... so my interior is absolutely pristine. Looks like the day I bought the car.

I also picked up a bottle of BMW vinyl care solution about a week ago, and have been happy with the results. The stuff smells great, too.
Old 05-01-2006, 04:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i 6 speed

I just put Rejex on my brand new car yesterday. I had it on my previous car and it worked great. Its max. outcome with min. input.

Quick Reply: How to keep my 1 day old E60 looking like new