E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

How hard is it find '08/'09 550i 6-speed ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 11:33 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: White/Tan, Nav, comfort seats, sport steering wheels, sport suspension, active steering, rear window shades, rear shade, heated seats
Model Year: '07-530i

Originally Posted by mookish
Think about it, how many people would spend 70K on a 4 door luxury car and....have to shift their own gears? So not many people will choose that option, surely not the people that the 5 series was marketed towards. Makes sense on a coupe. But not here, traditional manuals are slowly being replaced by SMG type trannys and like the SAT you see in the LCI 5ers. It's truly the best of both worlds. Remember the manual tranny was always the cheaper option than the auto. So you're gonna hafta search far and wide to find a manual and with all your requested options.
The 10,000 miles doesn't have the sport package and the rest had high miles...
I am going to wait for the right car..
Thanks every one for their help...
Old 03-29-2011, 12:21 PM
Members

I agree-wait and get what you want. Try not to compromise. I went to several dealers and put my name on a list with the options I wanted. I ended all requests with, "Oh yeah, and I want a manual." They would all just chuckle, shake their head, and walk away. I was looking for quite a while, but not really in the market. I finally saw the car I wanted--all options listed by the OP and in the colors scheme, deep sea blue with beige interior, 26K miles. It has been a dream so I went for it. That was 9 months and 14K miles ago. When you find the perfect one you are looking for, it makes it worth the wait.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:57 PM
New Members

OT - Fast, do you still have the rear tires that you mentioned in anoher thread. I am very interested.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:05 PM
Senior Members

HERES ONE WITH EVERYTHING YOU WANT. NAV SPORT COLD WEATHER....

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...5&aff=national

and another

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
Old 03-29-2011, 05:53 PM
Members

My Ride: White/Tan, Nav, comfort seats, sport steering wheels, sport suspension, active steering, rear window shades, rear shade, heated seats

Originally Posted by pjlarock
OT - Fast, do you still have the rear tires that you mentioned in anoher thread. I am very interested.
yes i do...
Old 03-29-2011, 05:56 PM
Members

Originally Posted by mazekid15
HERES ONE WITH EVERYTHING YOU WANT. NAV SPORT COLD WEATHER....

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...5&aff=national

and another

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
The first one will be getting a call tomorrow..
The second one wants $46,000 and the car doesn't even have the Navigation
Thanks once again to all the members for helping me out here
Old 03-29-2011, 06:46 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by fast
The first one will be getting a call tomorrow..
The second one wants $46,000 and the car doesn't even have the Navigation
Thanks once again to all the members for helping me out here
According to the carfax that first one is a NYC area car. I personally wouldn't get too excited about a high performance, expensive, luxury sedan w/a manual transmission that may have spent its life going stop light to stop light in a dense urban area. But, that's just me. If it lived in a less stressful area -- I'd think differently. At the very least I'd insist on a full BMW R&R of the clutch and pressure plate. And I don''t think that's covered under the new car or scheduled maintenance warranty!
Old 03-29-2011, 07:03 PM
Senior Members

I was faced with the same dilemmas when shopping for a 545i, I settled for Auto FTL :thumbsdown: !!
Old 03-29-2011, 07:40 PM
Members

Originally Posted by luigi524td
According to the carfax that first one is a NYC area car. I personally wouldn't get too excited about a high performance, expensive, luxury sedan w/a manual transmission that may have spent its life going stop light to stop light in a dense urban area. But, that's just me. If it lived in a less stressful area -- I'd think differently. At the very least I'd insist on a full BMW R&R of the clutch and pressure plate. And I don''t think that's covered under the new car or scheduled maintenance warranty!
Just didn't think about it..as a matter of fact,when i recnetly purchased our 530i for wife,i never entertained any cars from up north esp the NY area... Good point non-the-less ..

Thanks and i will keep looking...
Old 03-29-2011, 08:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i manual
Model Year: 2008
Engine: V8

it took me along time to find my car, and i love it! lol it took along time and even though its an 08 it has 80k on it but john and leo at motorcepts takes care of my car so i dont have any worries, i have everything in the car expect hud, its a blast to drive

Quick Reply: How hard is it find '08/'09 550i 6-speed ?