E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do I turn up the NAV Voice

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2004, 07:02 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All,

Searched the manual and called my dealer... Still don't have an answer.

My NAV Voice is barely audible. With the radio on just a wee bit, I can't hear her instructions. Is there a way to turn her voice up?

Also, funny quirk with the NAV today. It took my into Denver on one of my wifes saturday afternoon shopping missions to some mistery store. The NAV took me into the city and then... the male voice came over the intercom and said, "restricted area." I was lost and without NAV for about twenty minutes. Anyone know what this is about?

Thanks.
Old 12-11-2004, 07:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

I believe you use the same volume control as the radio. You just need to turn it up when the voice instruction is actually speaking. It is supposed to be independant of the other audio sources.
Old 12-11-2004, 08:05 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by cobradav' date='Dec 11 2004, 11:36 PM
I believe you use the same volume control as the radio.? You just need to turn it up when the voice instruction is actually speaking.? It is supposed to be independant of the other audio sources.
[snapback]68135[/snapback]
Yes, that is correct. It must be done while the NAV voice is active.
Old 12-11-2004, 08:08 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

And you can use the repeat last nav command button on the steering wheel (if programmed) to force it to "talk" so you can change the volume...
Old 12-11-2004, 09:16 PM
Contributors

You guys are the shit!
Old 12-12-2004, 03:45 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d Sport in Carbon Black / high gloss shadow line and beige leather / dark poplar with professional nav, bluetooth phone prep, CD changer, bi-xenon adaptive headlamps, servotronic steering, folding mirrors, heated comfort seats, TV, extended voice control and Logic 7 hifi.

...and it is in the manual
Old 12-12-2004, 07:38 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Ruf930' date='Dec 11 2004, 11:16 PM
You guys are the shit!
[snapback]68158[/snapback]
Is that good?
Old 12-12-2004, 07:47 AM
Contributors

Yes it is.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:54 PM
Members

My Ride: 545i, navigation system, pdc, cold weather package

i believe there is another way, but im not sure if this really works (youll have to test it out). i stumbled upon this while playing around one day.

there are 2 ways to adjust the volume: (1) the steering wheel buttons, and (2) the little knob by the cd player. i believe the little knob controls the volume of just the radio/cd player, and the steering wheel buttons control both the radio/cd player volume AND the nav speaker. so, if i want to turn the voice of the nav speaker up without raising the volume of the music, i would raise the volume of the nav speaker and radio on my steering wheel, then lower the volume of just the music with the little knob. basically, the little knob does not affect the volume of the nav speakers voice--just the music. i have done this several times and it worked--the speaker was not speaking while i did it. it might be the other way around with which button controls what.

maybe i just got lucky, but that has been the way i have adjusted the volume of the nav speaker. try it out. if not, im just a big idiot.
Old 12-14-2004, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Okay, I think you lost me.

I'm pretty sure either method will increase the volume of whatever is currently playing. In other words, if you adjust the volume with the steering wheel or with the dash knob while nav lady (or man) is speaking, it'll adjust the volume of the nav.

If you use them while the radio (or telephone) is playing through the speakers, either of the methods (steering wheel or dash knob) will adjust the volume.

Quick Reply: How do I turn up the NAV Voice