E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how do i tell what transmission i have?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 10:50 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just like it says. ive got the 04 530i with the auto/manual trans. its got the park,reverse, neutral, drive and then i move the shifter to the left and i have clutchless manual. also how do i reset it because it takes a long time to shift in manual mode. another question is what is the DTC button or whatever it is that does something to traction or abs or whatever. thanks.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

That's the normal automatic transmission.

Don't press the DST button first for a second and then for about 5 seconds.

Don't read the car manual.

Please fill in your whereabouts and details about the car.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:35 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i SMG with Limited Slip Differential
Model Year: 2005

> how do i tell what transmission i have?

Look at the stick!
Old 04-19-2009, 04:05 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='851249' date='Apr 18 2009, 02:32 PM
That's the normal automatic transmission.

Don't press the DST button first for a second and then for about 5 seconds.

Don't read the car manual.

Please fill in your whereabouts and details about the car.
as if the whereabouts will help the outcome of the question, im in mississippi. i already told you the car is a 2004 BMW (obviously) 530i with the auto/manual trans. it has a v6. i bought the car a week ago used from a dealership that took it on a trade in. they gave me one key and NO MANUAL to read. so sarcastic jerks that want to make sarcastic remarks can stay the hell out of my thread. no one personally invited you into this thread so if you have nothing to add that will help out, just go somewhere else. this forums as well as any other forum is a place where people with like interests can come together to DISCUSS the car they own or dream of owning one day. maybe some questions have been asked before or maybe 100 times. but just because its been asked once doesnt mean that it can never be discussed again. if you are sick of talking about the subject, leave. simple huh? im asking because i know next to nothing about the bells and whistles about this car. i bought it because it was clean and runs and looks good. im at a disadvantage because there was no manual included in the sale. so either help out a crippled fellow member of the e60 owners club, or stay on the sidelines and watch the guys that will help. thanks.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:29 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by lockdownx99' post='851615' date='Apr 19 2009, 08:05 AM
as if the whereabouts will help the outcome of the question, im in mississippi. i already told you the car is a 2004 BMW (obviously) 530i with the auto/manual trans. it has a v6. i bought the car a week ago used from a dealership that took it on a trade in. they gave me one key and NO MANUAL to read. so sarcastic jerks that want to make sarcastic remarks can stay the hell out of my thread. no one personally invited you into this thread so if you have nothing to add that will help out, just go somewhere else. this forums as well as any other forum is a place where people with like interests can come together to DISCUSS the car they own or dream of owning one day. maybe some questions have been asked before or maybe 100 times. but just because its been asked once doesnt mean that it can never be discussed again. if you are sick of talking about the subject, leave. simple huh? im asking because i know next to nothing about the bells and whistles about this car. i bought it because it was clean and runs and looks good. im at a disadvantage because there was no manual included in the sale. so either help out a crippled fellow member of the e60 owners club, or stay on the sidelines and watch the guys that will help. thanks.

1. The whearabouts of your location help greatly as we have many members from all over the world on this forum and the vehicles can have significant differences depending on your region/country.

2. Some of your questions were pretty simple, thus could easily be answered by a simple "Search". Based on your knowledge of general forum etiquette and rules, you should know whereabouts the search button is. most .PHP forums are the same...

3. Dont be a douchebag. People on here have a sense of humor and can tend to be a little sarcastic. People maybe provided unhelpful responses, but that doesnt give you the right to be an asshole... or maybe it does? please fill us in on forum ettiquette on this subject.

4. If you are really that upset, try www.bimmerforums.net. You will be doing us all, and apparently yourself a favor.

Thanks for dropping by, its been real.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:34 AM
Contributors

although i think your response to maybe unhelpful remarks was brash, here is my bit of help:

2004 BMW 530i Owners Manual
Old 04-19-2009, 04:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i 6M
Arrow

Originally Posted by lockdownx99' post='851615' date='Apr 19 2009, 08:05 AM
Don't be disrespectful. We don't like being bashed by insecure people who can't take a little sarcasm. By the way it's not a V6, it's an inline 6.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:48 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='851622' date='Apr 19 2009, 08:34 AM
although i think your response to maybe unhelpful remarks was brash, here is my bit of help:

2004 BMW 530i Owners Manual
That was very compassionate as well

Maybe we can have a auto reply when newbees sign-up that includes:
  • "Use Search"
  • Owner Manuals and other information links to the home page,
  • etc.

Then it's
Old 04-19-2009, 04:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Originally Posted by slickE60' post='851624' date='Apr 19 2009, 12:44 PM
By the way it's not a V6, it's an inline 6.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i, Sport and Premium package, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather interior

Originally Posted by lockdownx99' post='851231' date='Apr 18 2009, 02:50 PM
just like it says. ive got the 04 530i with the auto/manual trans. its got the park,reverse, neutral, drive and then i move the shifter to the left and i have clutchless manual. also how do i reset it because it takes a long time to shift in manual mode. another question is what is the DTC button or whatever it is that does something to traction or abs or whatever. thanks.
To reset the tranny: http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...amp;mode=linear

Quick Reply: how do i tell what transmission i have?