E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

How do I get my E60 headlights to look like Dayline's?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 11:18 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 06 525xi
Default How do I get my E60 headlights to look like Dayline's?

Hello,

I am new to the forum as well as BMW. I just bought my first BMW and I would love for my 06 525 XI to have a more aggressive look. I recently fell in love with the Dayline headlights, but can't seem to find them in the US. Can someone please baby step me through on some good headlight mods, or is it cheaper to just buy new headlights? Since my car is Pre-LCI, do I have to do any mods before I can make bulb changes? Someone please help, cause I am so lost.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:29 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2005

There are angel eyes or round halo on the bmw side of the fence, I havent seen any dayline style like the audis. But being pre-lci you are pretty limited unless you swap out to some orion predators. Another option would to upgrade to Lci

You should look up a user Simon for any light mods, he goes by nomis_nehc.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:31 AM
New Members

thank you, I am going to look in to finding out how much it would cost me to switch to LCI. I have found the headlights I'm talking about, they have the white fins on the side. However, from what I read, you need to be LCI.

Here is what they look like:
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/AxEhzpdIfs0/0.jpg
Old 04-02-2014, 08:35 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2005

Originally Posted by Nightwing25

Here is what they look like:
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/AxEhzpdIfs0/0.jpg
I actually think that's one of Simon's.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:22 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

It looks like it is.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:30 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Haha, yes, I made that.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:45 AM
New Members

My Ride: M Sport E60

very nice work their BossCat
Old 04-04-2014, 09:44 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Haha, yes, I made that.
That is awesome bro, I love those headlights. I have found some similar but that are on a euro website where you have to pay in pounds...lol....I'm new to the moding and bmw, I want some nice looking headlights, but I'm scared I will mess them up. Do you know if it is difficult to transfer to LCI? I would even take the newer OEM over mine. They just aren't bright enough, and they look blah during the day.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:45 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

LCI conversion you mean? It's relative to experience of course, but from what I gather, it doesn't seem like there are many individuals that are as well versed in the conversion as me on this side of the country.

Having said that, it does require remaking the harness going into the headlights, as the sockets are different, light module 2, repinning some wires, running wires from the back to the front, and coding.

Not terrible, but lots of steps.

I am interested in the other headlights you said you've found on Euro sites though. Want to take a look at what is out there that I am not aware of.

And thanks Ace!
Old 04-04-2014, 12:42 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
LCI conversion you mean? It's relative to experience of course, but from what I gather, it doesn't seem like there are many individuals that are as well versed in the conversion as me on this side of the country.

Having said that, it does require remaking the harness going into the headlights, as the sockets are different, light module 2, repinning some wires, running wires from the back to the front, and coding.

Not terrible, but lots of steps.

I am interested in the other headlights you said you've found on Euro sites though. Want to take a look at what is out there that I am not aware of.

And thanks Ace!
I guess I'm just going to have to grow a pair and try and install the Orion headlights on my own. Almost makes me wish I would have researched a lil more before I made my purchase. Well here are a couple links, with headlights similar to yours.

BMW Headlight Assembly w/o Adaptive Left (E60 E61) - Hella 63127177731 | FCP Euro

Dayline Headlights Bmw E60 Led Blinker 04-07 Black

Quick Reply: How do I get my E60 headlights to look like Dayline's?