E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to display the opening "BMW" screen?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 10:48 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How to display the opening "BMW" screen?
I am not get my car yet but friend of mine have 525 and the control display display the menu and not the opening "BMW" screen.
So how can u do it?

Thanks
Old 09-10-2005, 11:00 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i -6speed - Comfort Seats - Premium Package - Premium Sound Package - Cold Weather Package - Ventilated Seats - Xenon -HUD - PDC - Nav

if you are talking about the BMW logo that displays when you first turn on the car - it ONLY displays while the iDrive computer is booting up. afterthat you will see the iDrive main screen, the one with arrows pointing & desribing what is where.

(NAV right, Entertainment down, Communication up, Comfort/AC left) <-- thats for NAV cars.
Old 09-10-2005, 11:05 AM
Members

Originally Posted by wiszmaster' date='Sep 10 2005, 09:00 PM
if you are talking about the BMW logo that displays when you first turn on the car - it ONLY displays while the iDrive computer is booting up. afterthat you will see the iDrive main screen, the one with arrows pointing & desribing what is where.

(NAV right, Entertainment down, Communication up, Comfort/AC left) <-- thats for NAV cars.
[snapback]169163[/snapback]

Thank you for your fast reply, but what i meant that BMW logo it's not display when you first turn on the car !?
Old 09-10-2005, 11:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

The difference with the BMW sign is between the types of Navi.
Business Navi - smaller screen = no BMW startup logo, just straight to the I drive menu
Professional NAvi - bigger screen= BMW logo at the startup
Old 09-10-2005, 11:13 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i -6speed - Comfort Seats - Premium Package - Premium Sound Package - Cold Weather Package - Ventilated Seats - Xenon -HUD - PDC - Nav

This is the menu of the iDrive which will stay after the iDrive has booted up & (if you are in the USA, you will have to press ACCEPT to a information screen)

i am still looking for the initial iDrive BMW LOGO screen ...

where are you located, and if outside the US .. is it NAV PRO, or Busines NAV ?
Old 09-10-2005, 11:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

Hey wizmaster,

What's with the mail icon next to the bluetooth?
I've never seen that one before.
Obviously it notifies you if you have mail?
Old 09-10-2005, 11:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by Peter530i' date='Sep 10 2005, 09:10 PM
The difference with the BMW sign is between the types of Navi.
Business Navi - smaller screen = no BMW startup logo, just straight to the I drive menu
Professional NAvi - bigger screen= BMW logo at the startup
[snapback]169170[/snapback]
Business Navi -> 6,5" screen
Professional Navi -> 8,8 screen

To the PN you can also get TV function etc. features.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:52 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by realtyman' date='Sep 10 2005, 03:48 PM
Hey wizmaster,

[snapback]169181[/snapback]
hmmnn ... good question. looking at it again .. its a picture of a euro car .. and over in germany(maybe all fo europe) you can get emails & do other internet related tasks (not web though) from what i remember reading.

must be that ... i think.

Maybe Iceman can chime in?
Old 09-10-2005, 02:22 PM
JWD
Members

Originally Posted by wiszmaster' date='Sep 10 2005, 11:52 PM
[quote name='realtyman' date='Sep 10 2005, 03:48 PM']Hey wizmaster,

hmmnn ... good question. looking at it again .. its a picture of a euro car .. and over in germany(maybe all fo europe) you can get emails & do other internet related tasks (not web though) from what i remember reading.

must be that ... i think.

Maybe Iceman can chime in?
[snapback]169221[/snapback]
[/quote]

Never seen it in a E60 before but in the 7 series with built-in phone it notifies you that you've received a SMS message.
I guess it works the same with the 5 series, so it has nothing to do with e-mail.
It would have been nice though .
Old 09-10-2005, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by realtyman' date='Sep 10 2005, 09:48 PM
Notification of a new unread SMS.

Quick Reply: How to display the opening "BMW" screen?