E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

How to clean cream interior?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 01:18 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So now that i have finally had some time to clean my car, I have come to realise that cleaning the cream interior is quite difficult.

My seat has been 'stained' with lots of black stuff as I'm driving suited up every day and 2 applications of leather cleaner/conditioner have not removed them sufficiently.

Also, the plastic bits down by the seat and near the boot opener have black scuff marks and several applications of cockpit cleaner haven't managed to get rid of them either.

Any ideas on what I can do to get rid of all this gunk?
Old 06-28-2010, 01:47 AM
Members

My Ride: [color="#2F4F4F"][font="Arial Narrow"][b]F07 5-Series GT | 2009 '59' | Black Sapphire, Ivory White Leather, Unlacquered Fineline Wood Trim[/b] Media Professional Pack with HDD, Visibility Pack, Electric Front Seats with Memory 20" alloys [style 316] with Pirelli P-Zeroes RF tires, Adaptive Drive USB Interface, DAB Tuner, Extended Ambient Lighting, Comfort Access [/font][/color]

I have an Ivory White leather interior which looks brilliant when it is clean but with two kids can get dirty quite quickly.
Also with indigo jeans and dark coats that rub off dye on the seats more visibly than with other hides, the dirt shows through.

I have tried various products and the one that works brilliantly - without discolouring the leather - is Autoglym's Leather Cleaner followed by an application of Autoglym Leather conditioner.
Once every 3 months is okay but more often on driver's seat if that is in heavy use/stained.
autoglym is a very popular brand in the UK and Europe - less popular stateside - but if you can get your hands on it, it is very highly recommended.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:00 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '08 530i Luxury LCI

Heard of magic spronge, perhaps you could give it a try. Don't rub too hard on your leather as it's abrasive!
Old 06-28-2010, 03:21 AM
Senior Members

Leather master products work quite well, especially for stubborn dye transfers.

Detailer's domain carries them:

http://www.detailersdomain.com/leath...erremover.aspx

Search for other leather master's products on their site.

A word of caution, the super remover stuff is powerful. It really works great, just follow the instructions.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:25 AM
Members

Thanks very much guys, I'll give those things a try for the leather.

Any ideas on what to do about the scuff marks on the plastic bits?
Old 06-28-2010, 03:58 AM
Members

My Ride: 2010(60) BMW 520d SE, Manual, In Sophisto Grey with Cream/Black Interior and Piano Black trim

Originally Posted by SpokenHands
I have an Ivory White leather interior which looks brilliant when it is clean but with two kids can get dirty quite quickly.
Also with indigo jeans and dark coats that rub off dye on the seats more visibly than with other hides, the dirt shows through.

I have tried various products and the one that works brilliantly - without discolouring the leather - is Autoglym's Leather Cleaner followed by an application of Autoglym Leather conditioner.
Once every 3 months is okay but more often on driver's seat if that is in heavy use/stained.
autoglym is a very popular brand in the UK and Europe - less popular stateside - but if you can get your hands on it, it is very highly recommended.
+1 on the Autoglym, that stuff really does do the job, seats always look like new after a good buffing with Autoglym Leather Cleaner
Old 06-28-2010, 04:12 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nick1981
Thanks very much guys, I'll give those things a try for the leather.

Any ideas on what to do about the scuff marks on the plastic bits?
I've had good results on scuffs on my beige plastic with Tuff Stuff Foam cleaner:

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...ci_sku=7040393

Its nice and cheap too, but for it gets great results on everything on the interior from the carpet to hard plastics, except the leather and wood. If this doesn't work, maybe something more powerful might be in order.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:51 AM
Members

Thanks a lot guys, I'll give these suggestions a try.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:09 AM
Members

I've had great results from Armorall leather wipes. They even seem to prevent stains building up again.
I've had trouble with my current E60 and my last one, especially with blue stains from Denim jeans.
On my last car, the importer even tried Scotchgard but it didn't work at all.

Originally Posted by nick1981
So now that i have finally had some time to clean my car, I have come to realise that cleaning the cream interior is quite difficult.

My seat has been 'stained' with lots of black stuff as I'm driving suited up every day and 2 applications of leather cleaner/conditioner have not removed them sufficiently.

Also, the plastic bits down by the seat and near the boot opener have black scuff marks and several applications of cockpit cleaner haven't managed to get rid of them either.

Any ideas on what I can do to get rid of all this gunk?
Old 06-28-2010, 08:42 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 530i premium package/active steering/auto sunshade/tiag/black dakota leather/logic 7 35% tint all around 19' DPE GT7

My vote goes to Leatherique, there are many reviews on various forums on this stuff especially on e46fanatics.

Quick Reply: How to clean cream interior?