E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how can I turn the radio off

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 11:56 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d Titanium Silver, Black Nasca Leather, Servotronic Steering, , De-Chrome, Bi-Xenons including Headlight Washer Jets, adaptive headlights, Advanced A/C, Auto Dim Interior & Exterior Mirrors, Electric Folding Mirrors, Front Centre Sliding Armrest, extended lights package
Smile

when i "swirch off " the radio it only mutes and still runs in the background I would like to turn it off because behind the station display is the date.
I would much rather see today's date rather than a name of a radio station that i am not listening to please help thanks
Old 05-13-2005, 12:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: various
Model Year: F10 2015 M Sport 530d

Just go to the main menu on the IDrive Screen if you don't want to see what station you are on. It only mutes the station and doens't turn it off as it is computer that is constantly on. It only ever mutes the station. It never turns the radio program off. Hope this helps.
Old 05-15-2005, 03:34 AM
Members

My Ride: 535d Titanium Silver, Black Nasca Leather, Servotronic Steering, , De-Chrome, Bi-Xenons including Headlight Washer Jets, adaptive headlights, Advanced A/C, Auto Dim Interior & Exterior Mirrors, Electric Folding Mirrors, Front Centre Sliding Armrest, extended lights package

yes thanks i understand this but i am trying to turn it off so that i can display the date instead which to me is better.

I have also asked bmw to consider creating a screen saver which would show such information as date, outside temp etc. on the large idrive display instead of "how to operate "idrive menu

i find the idrive totally under utilised and the customer has very little control over the content not like any other computer screen

thanks
Old 05-15-2005, 07:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by the-man-himself' date='May 15 2005, 04:34 AM
yes thanks i understand this but i am trying to turn it off so that i can display the date instead which to me is better.

I have also asked bmw to consider creating a screen saver which would show such information as date, outside temp etc. on the large idrive display instead of "how to operate "idrive menu

i find the idrive totally under utilised and the customer has very little control over the content not like any other computer screen

thanks
[snapback]128731[/snapback]
Can you post a picture and tell us what software version you have. My radio station is on the left and the date on the right.??? They are not in the same field.
Old 05-15-2005, 10:58 AM
Members

will post picture

on mine the time is on the right and the radio station/date is on the left no idea of the software version however since it is a 535d they only started production oct 04 so should not be too old
thanks
Old 05-15-2005, 12:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Here's a pet peave of mine:

I'm listening to a CD in the dash player.... and then decide to switch discs out for another. I hit eject, and the cd spits out.... but then the radio comes on playing, because it's the next audio source.

Problem is.... I HATE RADIO. I NEVER LISTEN TO THE RADIO>... EVER. So I get totally gayed out by hearing even 2 seconds of radio while I reach for the mute button. Not to mention.... I listen to CDs loud... so the radio comes on blasting even louder, because FM stations use lots of bass boost in the transmission.

I wish there was some way to just have the system stay on the CD source when I eject the CD.... so I don't have to hit mute on the radio.
Old 09-13-2008, 04:59 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by the-man-himself' post='128110' date='May 13 2005, 03:56 PM
when i "swirch off " the radio it only mutes and still runs in the background I would like to turn it off because behind the station display is the date.
I would much rather see today's date rather than a name of a radio station that i am not listening to please help thanks
Is there an update to this issue yet? I had a CIP update done last year and the problem persists while in Navigation view.
Old 09-13-2008, 05:33 PM
Contributors

Some of you are seriously emo.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:10 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Howitzer' post='668811' date='Sep 13 2008, 09:33 PM
Some of you are seriously emo.
heheheh +1