E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

How can i turn on my second high lights???

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 09:29 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Actually, this is not all true.

I met with a member two days ago, and his LCI only used those inside lights as DRL. He has bi-xenons as well.
You sure it was an LCI? I've never seen the bi-xenon on LCI cars use the inside light as the DRL. On the 528, the standard light is a halogen lamp, not xenon, and it uses the inside light as DRL...
Old 02-10-2010, 09:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by ENstig8or
If you have the Xenons, they are used as cornering lights. They turn on when you use the turn signal or turn the wheels hard.
I knew that part but I've seen BOTH of them turn on when reversing... I dont think it happens all the time either... so I'm confused about that...
Old 02-10-2010, 02:58 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by kscarrol
You sure it was an LCI? I've never seen the bi-xenon on LCI cars use the inside light as the DRL. On the 528, the standard light is a halogen lamp, not xenon, and it uses the inside light as DRL...
Yup. Completely positive. Dane, if you come across this thread, please confirm.

One of his DRL was actually out too, and he didn't even notice, lol.

And I don't know if his is 528 or not, only looked at it from the front.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Yup. Completely positive. Dane, if you come across this thread, please confirm.

One of his DRL was actually out too, and he didn't even notice, lol.

And I don't know if his is 528 or not, only looked at it from the front.
Interesting, the only two headlight versions I've seen on the LCI cars (US version) are bi-xenon where the rings are the DRL's (standard on 535 and 550) and the halogens (standard on the 528) where the inside light is the DRL... Pre-LCI cars used the inside light for DRL's.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:31 AM
Members

Originally Posted by BlaSTiWi
Where are you located?

Since you've mentioned you have 2009 530i ... I assumed it's an LCI but not US Market car if that's the case & you have a Bi-Xenon main beam you may have a non-Adaptive version and the inside is not doing anything only for parking light (Angel Eye) ring.

thanx...
can i install an adapter which make it adaptive light's??
when i look inside the light's i can see a small motor with pastone connected to the Xinon pulb
Old 02-11-2010, 03:43 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 535D Invididual, Hartge, M-Sport

I have an european version pre facelift with bixenon and when i push the control forward then all my lamps are activated.
In Europe, specially southern europe where you drive with your headlamps of during daytime. When you need to flash somebody in front of you with your xenon off the inner lamps will flash to save the xenon and because xenon has a longer time to ignite.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:31 AM
Members

Originally Posted by wisammansour
thanx...
can i install an adapter which make it adaptive light's??
when i look inside the light's i can see a small motor with pastone connected to the Xinon pulb
did you get an answer to this question, im wondering the same thing, maybe it can be turned on with bmw tool. but i cant seem to find anything when i search here, so maybe more knowlegable can wade in
Old 04-08-2010, 12:00 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Black on Black, Auto, Premium, Sport, Dynamic Drive, Nav

My Canadian 05 545i has bi-xenon and adaptive lights. The inner lights are not Adaptive, and serve as DRL and high-beam flashers(when pulling the stalk in). Pushing the stalk out to activate the high-beams only actions the xenons.

I understand that with the bi-xenon lights, activating the high beams does not output any more light - just some movement of the xenons to change the beam pattern. On my previous BMWs, that had just xenon, the inner lights served as DRL and high-beams, which produced a lot more light when the high-beams were on. Anyone know if/how I can get the centre lights to turn on when I activate the high beam on the 545i?
Old 04-08-2010, 12:52 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EBMCS03
I knew that part but I've seen BOTH of them turn on when reversing... I dont think it happens all the time either... so I'm confused about that...
Yes, that is also true ...
Old 04-08-2010, 01:18 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I noticed that when I turn my turn signals on that light you pointed at temporarily turns on while the turn signal is blinking, is that normal? My bro in law drives a 7 series and pointed out to me the other day it does that and thought it wasn't normal, but wtf does he know anyway

Quick Reply: How can i turn on my second high lights???