E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how can i know witch hifi system i have??????

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 06:19 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 525D touring black navi pro hifi pro heated seats sport seats active steering .....

Hello

i have a 525d touring from 2005 the dealer said that i have a hifi system.i understand that hifi system have 10 speakers but i only found 6 (2 in each front door and 2 in the back on the roof) when i put the music on its very strong bass and i dont think its from the small once in the door.
can eny one help me find witch system i have and where are all the speakers located??????

thanks Chim

p.s.
i know for sure that its not the logic 7
Old 04-19-2009, 10:23 AM
Contributors

1 1 center channel in dash (center)
4 2 in each front door (1 mid, 1 tweeter)
2 1 in each rear door
2 1 under each front seat
2 2 mid rear deck
2 2 tweeter rear deck

look to see if you have all of those, that is the hi-fi (european 2005 525d)
Old 04-19-2009, 11:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

The standard EU speaker system has 6 loud speakers (the ones you found).

The Hi-Fi speaker system has 10 speakers and a better amp and speakers.
The easiest way to find them out is the four speakers in the front doors.
The other 2 are within the rear speakers.

The Logic7 has 13 speaker and still a better amp and speakers.

The Individual High End System is then the top of the line.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:35 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='851858' date='Apr 19 2009, 03:10 PM
The standard EU speaker system has 6 loud speakers (the ones you found).
Hi, newbie here, just 2 weeks ago I bought 525 -04, and I just love it. Anyway, I think I should have the standard speaker system and the car-ad said that my car is supposed to have 6 speakers. However, when I listen to the speakers individually, it seems that the tweeters in A-pillars are totally silent. So, it seems that I have only 4 speakers? Is this really possible ? Or is there something wrong with my tweeters?

Other question: is it possible to remove the covers of the dashboard speaker grills and the A-pillar speaker grills easily? I mean without tearing the whole dashboard down or the door?
Old 04-30-2009, 05:11 AM
Members

Smile

Originally Posted by Jaipe' post='863950' date='Apr 30 2009, 06:35 AM
Hi, newbie here, just 2 weeks ago I bought 525 -04, and I just love it. Anyway, I think I should have the standard speaker system and the car-ad said that my car is supposed to have 6 speakers. However, when I listen to the speakers individually, it seems that the tweeters in A-pillars are totally silent. So, it seems that I have only 4 speakers? Is this really possible ? Or is there something wrong with my tweeters?

Other question: is it possible to remove the covers of the dashboard speaker grills and the A-pillar speaker grills easily? I mean without tearing the whole dashboard down or the door?
OK, now I found this topic: http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...mp;#entry333553

So I have the basic system and according to that post there shouldn't be any tweeters in the A-pillars. But also, I don't have any speakers under the seats. Nothing in rear doors (not even grills). So what I have is 2 in front doors and 2 in rear self - which makes 4 speakers

I would still like to know if it is possible to remove the front grills as I mentioned above? And is there any wiring ready for a speaker? Anyone?
Old 04-30-2009, 06:07 AM
Members

you must have the woofers under the seats. i think all cars have them.
maybe you didn't search well enough X)

if you have 4 speakers in the front doors (2+2), the other four are in the rear shelf (there are two speakers underneath each cover), you must have the hi-fi system
adding the two woofers, it makes ten speaker total
Old 04-30-2009, 06:20 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Bilbo1' post='864024' date='Apr 30 2009, 09:07 AM
you must have the woofers under the seats. i think all cars have them.
maybe you didn't search well enough X)

if you have 4 speakers in the front doors (2+2), the other four are in the rear shelf (there are two speakers underneath each cover), you must have the hi-fi system
adding the two woofers, it makes ten speaker total
Nope, nothing under the seats. One speaker per front door (the tweeter/mirror speaker is silent). Quite small speakers in rear shelf, I don't think there is enough room for two under the grill. I didn't open the cover yet to check out though.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:34 AM
Members

Damn, you were right I just double checked it and they were there under the seats, nearer to the front door - black unnoticeable grills. So it seems I really have 6 speakers. So, anybody knows if there's wirings ready for the dummy ones?
Old 04-30-2009, 08:13 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i /w Sport pkg - SMG - Nav - Premium pkg - PDC - Ready to begin my modding! =)

Originally Posted by Jaipe' post='864046' date='Apr 30 2009, 08:34 AM
Damn, you were right I just double checked it and they were there under the seats, nearer to the front door - black unnoticeable grills. So it seems I really have 6 speakers. So, anybody knows if there's wirings ready for the dummy ones?
Yes as far as what I have read and seen on my own speakers during my work, the speakers you have in the door and the rear deck should already have a extra female plug available for the tweeters that you can use if you decide to use OEM tweeters.

Bear in mind that as you add speakers to one channel the impedance and the power each speaker goes down. So if you add tweaters you are going to get a cleaner sound, but you may have to turn the volume knob up higher to get the same out put as before. If you start adding aftermarket speakers with higher RMS ratings, then you are going to have to start adding amps to compensate.

Good luck
Old 04-30-2009, 09:29 AM
Members

Originally Posted by IceyTys' post='864131' date='Apr 30 2009, 12:13 PM
Yes as far as what I have read and seen on my own speakers during my work, the speakers you have in the door and the rear deck should already have a extra female plug available for the tweeters that you can use if you decide to use OEM tweeters.

Bear in mind that as you add speakers to one channel the impedance and the power each speaker goes down. So if you add tweaters you are going to get a cleaner sound, but you may have to turn the volume knob up higher to get the same out put as before. If you start adding aftermarket speakers with higher RMS ratings, then you are going to have to start adding amps to compensate.

Good luck
Thanks very much, IceyTys! I'll have a try later.

Quick Reply: how can i know witch hifi system i have??????