E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

How "BAD" is the stock suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010 | 08:40 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tuffluck
dude. start reading. just like turboawd, you guys don't read!

1. i never said the sport suspension was worse, just that it is overrated.
2. i had a budget, or no bmw. i got a bmw i like. in my experience, i did not find a huge difference between sport and non-sport. 550 is better, 535 is marginally better...factor in the HPFP issues. i'll take mine over the 535i any day. deal with it please?

you're accusing me of justifying my purchase? you're the one (plus a few others) upset about their purchase being not-as-good-as-they-thought.
Umm I love my car and I dont see anyone complaining their purchases being "not as good as they thought".....and Im not starting any threads on "how my 5xxx is almost as good as 5xxx" thats your area of expertise.
Old 09-12-2010 | 08:41 PM
Members

Originally Posted by turboawd
tuffluck,
how old are you?
what do you do for a living?
It might be diamond ?
Old 09-12-2010 | 08:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles

Originally Posted by attila316
Just wondering what people think about stock suspension (meaning no sports package and no m-sport package). Has anyone driving both stock and non-stock suspension give me some idea of just how "BAD" it is? Is the lacking of "Active Roll Stabilization" really "BAD" too? I know that the smaller tires and the higher stance will also change the driving mechanics of the car so please comment on these as well.

This is for the E60 5 series and the reason I'm asking is wonder I should dismiss cars w/o sport/m-sport package.

Thank you.

_____

...Their both excellent systems, the non sport might ride a tad smoother, all though I like the aggressive feel of the e60 sport suspension better.

Eddie aka Presley348
Old 09-12-2010 | 08:44 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by turboawd
tuffluck,
how old are you?
what do you do for a living?
and yet you still cannot respond to being owned.

i'm 19 and my daddy bought my car for me.
Old 09-12-2010 | 08:49 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by leadfoot
It might be diamond ?
i kinda like diamond's responses. people get frustrated when they don't know how to argue. i mean really, calm down. if you want to talk facts, do it. stop calling shit on me because i know how to use google. in 1,000,000 years, your opinion will be overshadowed every time by a simple google search. jesus some of you are certainly uptight!
Old 09-12-2010 | 08:54 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

Originally Posted by tuffluck
i kinda like diamond's responses. people get frustrated when they don't know how to argue. i mean really, calm down. if you want to talk facts, do it. stop calling shit on me because i know how to use google. in 1,000,000 years, your opinion will be overshadowed every time by a simple google search. jesus some of you are certainly uptight!
can google teach you common sense?
Old 09-13-2010 | 05:47 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04' 545i, Sport Package, Black, Active Xenon, ARS, Aux Input '10 Tahoe, Black on Black, leather, Nav/XM, 20" tires, full body kit, power 2nd row, loaded '93 Jeep Wrangler, lifted 4.5", 33" meats, Rampage Recovery Bumper w/Tire Swing, etc 25' Aquasport Osprey, Center Console,2012 200 HO Etec

What started as a decent thread has turned into nothing but a bash session and a way to get everyones post numbers up... I say we kill it. DEAD... done... over.

I would suggest that a moderator remove the thread - it has run out of usefulness and has become a train wreck we cant seem to turn away from.
Old 09-13-2010 | 01:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Next Gen LEDS

the sports package feels pretty well for a stock setup
Old 09-13-2010 | 01:52 PM
Banned

Dude how did I get dragged into being responsible for this-someone say "could this be diamond?" man global paranioia

If you think about it what a silly thread to get heated about-not even a conterversial topic.

I mean the stock bmw suspension is loose in comparison to the sport.

The sport is loose compared to the M

M is loose compared to a track setup

And same goes for softness, comfort etc

Things are relatively good and bad for specific questions--nothin can be "good" or "bad"

If any legal people out there-Kind of like when people get capacity evaluations-many want to know "is this person able to make any decisions or not"-And its always a response of-you can only evaluate someones ability to make a certain decision given a certain set of factors.

Unless you are a judge than you throw the bomb and can call them incompetenent-thats another topic
Old 09-13-2010 | 07:35 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Diamond
The sport is loose compared to the M

M is loose compared to a track setup

I'd be interested in reading up on your source for this.

Quick Reply: How "BAD" is the stock suspension?