E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hope tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 10:58 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

Just wanted to thank this forum and Rudy and Sj3. According to my dealer my car should be on the truck today and to my dealer tomorrow in bloomfield NJ. I dont know why it takes one day to deliver when the dealer is only 30 mins away from vpc. Anyhow.. if anyone would like some pictures of alpine white w/ black.. let me know. This forum has been informative and I hope I can do the same.

Tekor
Old 06-09-2004, 11:38 AM
JDN
Contributors

Hot diggity! Some more pictures in the offing. I never get tired of looking at the E60. During the six months mine was on order, I had the Titanium Grey screen saver on all three computers. Please send. White with black was what I had for the E39. I still have the black interior, but went for silver this time. My heart is still hooked on Alpine White.

I hope your delivery goes as smoothly as mine. I have not had to go back to get anything adjusted, fixed, or replaced. I will have two months of ownership in tomorrow.
Old 06-09-2004, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

No need to thank me for anything, I'm just another enthusiastic E60 owner happy to contribute whenever I can.

Speaking of contributing, one of these days I'll get around to posting some more pics of my white/grey/poplar combination.

Can't wait to see the white/black. No sleep tonight for tekor!
Old 06-09-2004, 12:20 PM
Members

Thanks JDN and Rudy,

I hope I do take delivery tomorrow since I took rest of the week .. =). I called today and I found out that my sales person is out.. dang.. do you guys think they can prep a car in one day... hope so... it feels like eternity.

JDN,

question for you.. how do you like your tint.. any problems on the door .. i have been hearing alot about doors and how it should be treated carefully... how much did you spent on the tint?

tks
Old 06-09-2004, 02:12 PM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by tekor' date='Jun 9 2004, 03:20 PM
JDN,
question for you.. how do you like your tint.. any problems on the door .. i have been hearing alot about doors and how it should be treated carefully... how much did you spent on the tint?

tks
The Huper Optik was $399 complete. The windows were not problem and no fault messages ever showed up. My installer and I have a ten-year or more relationship. He does good work.

He also installed the clear bra which is very subtle. I rarely am aware of it.

Yes, they should be able to prep your car in one day. What may happen is that it can get caught up in a large shipment and prepping all of the cars in that shipment could interfere with your delivery. Hope not.

Good luck and happy motoring!
Old 06-09-2004, 03:03 PM
sj3
Senior Members

Tekor: Congratulations!! I remember your name from the forums before I even started looking at all this last Feb. It should take the dealer about 1/2-day to prep. My salesman was also out the day the truck delivered it. I spoke with one of his colleagues to get the ball rolling. Then, the next day, when your salesman is there and you expect to pick it up, call him first thing so can make sure the paperwork is all ready for you. There are some good delivery checklists available on the web. Good luck!!!!!!

Sam
Old 06-09-2004, 03:15 PM
Members

sj3,

tks.. i was thinking the same thing, asking his colleagues to do the same thing. But I didnt want to impose on them. I'm hoping that my salesman will call me tomorrow, eitherway i will call him first thing tomorrow morning.. =) i will make sure to check out the checklist

tks
Old 06-12-2004, 09:25 PM
Members

HI...

I will post the my short review under different topic... sorry for the confusion