E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 06:22 PM
lky
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it was nice to see you guys again....especially at night!
Old 10-01-2008, 08:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Originally Posted by deriffic' post='683251' date='Oct 2 2008, 01:38 AM
Thanks for the arrangement on the night. It was an awesome gathering. Great food, great car w/ radical mod, and nice people. The E90 people looks much older than us, don't they ? And people think old man drives E60. What a joke

BTW, my wife finally found out that I had a new bonnet on my car. While I was parking to a tight spot in Whampoa yesterday, I asked her to go out and watched the space. She saw it and said "what is this ? Must cost a few thousand bulks, huh ? All these mod must now come to $20 - $30K (actually it should be more ) ?" I said "this new bonnet has so many advantages such as 1) reduce weight thus reduce gas consumption, 2) more vent thus cooler engine, 3) better look and thus when u want to sell the car in the future, easier to sell and can ask for more". To my surprise she accepted all these explanation and didn't say another word. Bill, you should consider this after you have done it.

To bad that my cough was bad that night and couldn't join the late drive. Hopefully we can do this again soon.

More mod are coming soon:

Attachment 60777
Attachment 60778
Unlucky that ur wife has found out the bonnet
Lucky that you have already done the mod and she can't say anything

Btw, the CF splitters look awesome and do you know can they be fitted on to the M-tec bumper?
Old 10-01-2008, 08:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: carbonized MB coupe
Exclamation

Originally Posted by keith84_uk' post='683340' date='Oct 1 2008, 11:04 PM

Btw, the CF splitters look awesome and do you know can they be fitted on to the M-tec bumper?
As i said Women are not so stupid, and as i said better to play cars then women eh?
yep, they expected old men in E60's....
Keith, fancy getting the bonnet together?? Derrick, pls pm us with contact details.

best plan Dave was that we did not have to work the next day!!!!
and no wives or gf waiting, that is the formula for a meet
Old 10-01-2008, 08:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Originally Posted by billhk' post='683346' date='Oct 2 2008, 04:18 AM
As i said Women are not so stupid, and as i said better to play cars then women eh?
yep, they expected old men in E60's....
Keith, fancy getting the bonnet together?? Derrick, pls pm us with contact details.

best plan Dave was that we did not have to work the next day!!!!
and no wives or gf waiting, that is the formula for a meet
The bonnet looks very cool but my dad will kill me when he saw it
And you will need to get the M5 side mirrors to suit the look of the bonnet and the front splitters....etc.....

And +1 for Dav, thanks for organising that for us!!
Old 10-01-2008, 09:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: carbonized MB coupe

Originally Posted by keith84_uk' post='683363' date='Oct 1 2008, 11:39 PM
The bonnet looks very cool but my dad will kill me when he saw it
And you will need to get the M5 side mirrors to suit the look of the bonnet and the front splitters....etc.....

And +1 for Dav, thanks for organising that for us!!
Keith, don't worry, playing with a car toy is better than discos and going out,
he will think it is a good thing, as he can keep track with what you are doing in your spare time.
i think the cost is less than a Hamman splitter!!
leave the mirrors till later!! otherwise we won't have anything to dream about, nice for D to
tempt us with something we had not thought abt recently
Old 10-01-2008, 09:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by deriffic' post='683251' date='Oct 2 2008, 09:38 AM
Thanks for the arrangement on the night. It was an awesome gathering. Great food, great car w/ radical mod, and nice people. The E90 people looks much older than us, don't they ? And people think old man drives E60. What a joke

BTW, my wife finally found out that I had a new bonnet on my car. While I was parking to a tight spot in Whampoa yesterday, I asked her to go out and watched the space. She saw it and said "what is this ? Must cost a few thousand bulks, huh ? All these mod must now come to $20 - $30K (actually it should be more ) ?" I said "this new bonnet has so many advantages such as 1) reduce weight thus reduce gas consumption, 2) more vent thus cooler engine, 3) better look and thus when u want to sell the car in the future, easier to sell and can ask for more". To my surprise she accepted all these explanation and didn't say another word. Bill, you should consider this after you have done it.

To bad that my cough was bad that night and couldn't join the late drive. Hopefully we can do this again soon.

More mod are coming soon:

Attachment 60777
Attachment 60778
cool mods must get
get well soon
Old 10-01-2008, 09:39 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by keith84_uk' post='683340' date='Oct 2 2008, 12:04 PM

I ask for these a year ago and they say itis only for the mtec kit, so yes they will fit.
you getting them?
Old 10-01-2008, 09:55 PM
Contributors

Just to let you guys know
I going to other meet this Friday, Stepwgn meet

Autumn Gathering:-
Time: 2030hrs
Date: Friday, 03 OCT 2008
Place: Internatioal Trade & Exhibition Centre, Wang Chin Street, Kowloon Bay
Route: (Route A)Kowloon Bay--> Fei Ngo Shan--> Tseung Kwan O--> Clear Water Bay Second Beach--> Sai Kung--> Sai Sha Road-->Dismiss.
(Route Kowloon Bay--> Fei Ngo Shan--> Lung Cheung Road--> Tai Po Road--> Tai Po Industrial Estate--> Dismiss.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 520i E60 in Amethyst Gray

The Arqray CF Front Splitters were originally made for the M5 E60, but I think it will fit any MOD bumper as long it curves and has a flat bottom for three screws like the M5. They have already shipped out mine yesterday by EMS and should arrive some time next week. Your best bet is to come down to Sing Fei and judge by yourself. I will post here once I book the time with Ah Kin.

Bill, for the bonnet, please think before you do it. Maybe you should "educate" your wife first before any action. My wife doesn't care much about me modifying the car so I am OK. Here are some experience on the bonnet mod I had :

1) Took about two months from the day I put down deposit to the day I picked up the car
2) Went to check (more like pushing them) on the progress twice a week (as they are super busy & slow)
3) U should have a garage or warehouse to store the old one

Keith is right, u should do the mirrors as well so that they will look unified & perfect.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:55 AM
Contributors

great to meet with you guys, will need to throw in quite some mods before I can join u guys for the nite drive. my car is only a lamb under wolf's skin....

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum