E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 04:14 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by deriffic' post='672316' date='Sep 19 2008, 12:05 AM
Dave, let me clarify here, my brake was not done by SmartAuto and please don't make any assumption on something you have no evidence.

To be honest, I don't think my Brembo was not working. In fact I barely feel small difference after the treatment. What Ah Kin did was re-polishing the rotors, new brake oil, re-located the rotors, and some adjustment on the hand brake. The main reason why it felt kind of wield because they didn't leak all the air out.

Most important they didn't swap my front pads for some cheap stuff. The ones I have on are made by Pagid. Probably Ah Kin never heard of it.
O ic 1000 times sorry about that, I forgot were you went.
They did a big F*CK up on the location of the rotors.
Were did you go to install the brembo kit again?
So we all know which place to avoid going to.

Why did you get Pagid and not Brembo? If I had your lovely cool Brembo 8pot brakes which are the best in the world, I would only go all the way and get Brembo pad and nothing less.
Why did you pay Ah Kin to reinstalled all the brakes again. I would have took it back to the shop and f*ck the shop up big time and get them to fix it and reinstall it again.
I can 100% say that your Brembo were not 100% working. From last time I drove your car. The stock brakes are 100 time better.

Just to let you know I been to smart auto to do a oil change 4 years ago when my car was new and I found out they did not change it.

any way in the end I glad that you are happy now.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: carbonized MB coupe

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='672730' date='Sep 18 2008, 07:14 PM
O ic 1000 times sorry about that, I forgot were you went.
They did a big F*CK up on the location of the rotors.
Were did you go to install the brembo kit again?
So we all know which place to avoid going to.

Why did you get Pagid and not Brembo? If I had your lovely cool Brembo 8pot brakes which are the best in the world, I would only go all the way and get Brembo pad and nothing less.
Why did you pay Ah Kin to reinstalled all the brakes again. I would have took it back to the shop and f*ck the shop up big time and get them to fix it and reinstall it again.
I can 100% say that your Brembo were not 100% working. From last time I drove your car. The stock brakes are 100 time better.

Just to let you know I been to smart auto to do a oil change 4 years ago when my car was new and I found out they did not change it.

any way in the end I glad that you are happy now.
Dave, its criminal to charge for changing oil and not having done so (how did you know?), you can sue them,
so if it was brake fluid or not getting the air out etc,. it means these guys
are creating potentially consequences for their customers, in this case both places in Fotan.
this forum is important so that E60 bros and newbies don't get put at risk by these gangsta mechanics, it is important to share info.We aren't ganging up on certain places, but if they are incapable of fitting or providing the service, they should
be named.I would take the car to a certified inspection like AA and then send a Solicitors letter to the garage claiming damages.
eg. i got my bilsteins fitted at GT becos they had certs displayed saying they had been trained by Bilstein and authorised to fit them.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 520i E60 in Amethyst Gray

Originally Posted by billhk' post='672782' date='Sep 19 2008, 10:04 AM
Dave, its criminal to charge for changing oil and not having done so (how did you know?), you can sue them,
are creating potentially consequences for their customers, in this case both places in Fotan.
this forum is important so that E60 bros and newbies don't get put at risk by these gangsta mechanics, it is important to share info.We aren't ganging up on certain places, but if they are incapable of fitting or providing the service, they should
be named.I would take the car to a certified inspection like AA and then send a Solicitors letter to the garage claiming damages.
eg. i got my bilsteins fitted at GT becos they had certs displayed saying they had been trained by Bilstein and authorised to fit them.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:09 PM
Contributors

Old 09-18-2008, 06:23 PM
Contributors

Brembo does not make their own pads. They use Pagid pads as OEM for their brake system. That's why when I bought them new, they have both Brembo & Pagid logos on. And since they are used now, the Brembo logo is completely worn off and Ah Kin only saw a few letters of the word Pagid left.

I had decided to ask Ah Kin to re-do the brake simply because I trust his expertise and want to see how much difference between them. Also, I think the brake is one of the most crucial part of a car and I can't afford anything goes wrong. Now I am happy & confident with it.

About the HK auto-mechanics, my advice is don't just listen to one opinion, search around and use your own judgement. Afterall, you are the one to pay and should be happy.

OH, I will be away next week. Let me know when is our next GTG at Sing Fei.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Originally Posted by billhk' post='672782' date='Sep 19 2008, 03:04 AM
Very well said bros
Old 09-18-2008, 06:35 PM
Contributors

I only found out a few months later when I check the oil so I could not sue them.
I only did about 1000km and the oil was very think and black, just like before I change it.
yes we all give out info to say which are cowboys and which are not.
I done the white mice so I hope other ppl will not follow my path.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:44 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by deriffic' post='672805' date='Sep 19 2008, 10:23 AM
Brembo does not make their own pads. They use Pagid pads as OEM for their brake system. That's why when I bought them new, they have both Brembo & Pagid logos on. And since they are used now, the Brembo logo is completely worn off and Ah Kin only saw a few letters of the word Pagid left.

I had decided to ask Ah Kin to re-do the brake simply because I trust his expertise and want to see how much difference between them. Also, I think the brake is one of the most crucial part of a car and I can't afford anything goes wrong. Now I am happy & confident with it.

About the HK auto-mechanics, my advice is don't just listen to one opinion, search around and use your own judgement. Afterall, you are the one to pay and should be happy.

OH, I will be away next week. Let me know when is our next GTG at Sing Fei.
IC cool
just to let you know brake is not the most crucial part of a car.
Itis the tyre which are the most crucial part of a car. Only a few inch's of the tyre is touching the road so itis best to check tyre every few months for air, nail and the ware and tair.
If your tyre can not stop the car it done not matter how good your brake are.
Have a look at last 2 F1 race, they were the best. Rain and some spot patches of water and dry areas when the trake started to ware out.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:46 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by keith84_uk' post='672806' date='Sep 19 2008, 10:24 AM
Very well said bros
bill +1 well said
my english is not that good.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i Mods: M5 sporty package, M5 Steering wheel, Sprint Booster

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='672842' date='Sep 19 2008, 10:46 AM
bill +1 well said
my english is not that good.
I am also want to know which less skillful shop :thumbsdown: installed that Brembo before.
Rotors in wrong direction; air in brake line; etc

Totally agree which Bill said as "this forum is important so that E60 bros and newbies don't get put at risk by these gangsta mechanics, it is important to share info"

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum