E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 06:17 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by elise' post='476878' date='Oct 2 2007, 11:42 PM
its gonna be really crowded there on fri night.
well I know it will be full every were on fri,sat and sun nights cos I alway go to them, but the waiting will not be that long about 15 min wait. Parking is easyer too
Old 10-18-2007, 12:10 AM
Members

Thumbs up

Hey all,

I have a 525i and am brand new to this forum. I am looking to start modding my car soon and want to know what is a good shop in Hong Kong (preferably a shop that works on BMWs and in HK side?) that you guys can recommend to me. My old car was the Evolution VIII; I don't want to do too much to the 5 series though - just some light mods for looks and sound -

- Drop it on Eibach
- 19 inch rims
- Subwoofer
- Front Lip
- Side skirts
- Hamann Rear
- Quad exhaust
- Intake
- Chip
- Sway bars
- Also want to upgrade to Xenons (do I have any other options besides OEM??)

Thank you for your help !
Old 10-18-2007, 05:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: carbonized MB coupe
Talking

welcome you new guys.
Had some golf with Pingu the other week, the geezer had a big swing, had Thai food afterwards,
thanks Pingu for fitting the blue leds!

lets hand it to pingu to fix a meet.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Hi all -

I recently joined the E60 forum and did not know about the HK sub forum until now. I'm a HK native but moved to US since I was a kid (> 20 yrs). Anyway, I'll be back there for a visit soon and am wondering where is good spot to go for E60 parts and accessories. I love to meet you guys too but my ride is not with me, not to mention all the things wife and kids want to do in such a tight schedule. So, any suggestons would be appreciated.

Thanks,
David
Old 10-18-2007, 01:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Originally Posted by gearix' post='483005' date='Oct 18 2007, 09:10 AM
Hey all,

I have a 525i and am brand new to this forum. I am looking to start modding my car soon and want to know what is a good shop in Hong Kong (preferably a shop that works on BMWs and in HK side?) that you guys can recommend to me. My old car was the Evolution VIII; I don't want to do too much to the 5 series though - just some light mods for looks and sound -

- Drop it on Eibach
- 19 inch rims
- Subwoofer
- Front Lip
- Side skirts
- Hamann Rear
- Quad exhaust
- Intake
- Chip
- Sway bars
- Also want to upgrade to Xenons (do I have any other options besides OEM??)

Thank you for your help !
Welcome to the forum!!
What front lips you gonna fit in?ACS? And the quad echausts,intake and chip tuning?
And for the Xenon headlights, you can always go for the aftermarket one for much cheaper price (1000HKD maybe cheaper?). (Genuine BMW retrofit headlights kit will cost you at least 10,000 HKD New headlight units + Xenon + Fitting)
Any pics of your ride btw?
Old 10-18-2007, 02:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Originally Posted by theXman' post='483068' date='Oct 18 2007, 03:11 PM
Hi all -

I recently joined the E60 forum and did not know about the HK sub forum until now. I'm a HK native but moved to US since I was a kid (> 20 yrs). Anyway, I'll be back there for a visit soon and am wondering where is good spot to go for E60 parts and accessories. I love to meet you guys too but my ride is not with me, not to mention all the things wife and kids want to do in such a tight schedule. So, any suggestons would be appreciated.

Thanks,
David
Welcome to the sub forum Dav!

For the E60 parts most of the people go to the local garage and they will do the jobs for us (Ordering and fitting) like bodykits,swaybars and so on, its hard to recommend any shops therefore. But if its for the after market accessories like 2 way sockets, angel eye, LED , Neon lights or other stuffs, you could go to Monk kok (Dont know whether you still remember where it is). If you want more details, PM me and will send you the map to show you where its about (Google map).

Any pics of your ride btw....

Welcome once again!

Keith
Old 10-18-2007, 10:26 PM
Members

Originally Posted by keith84_uk' post='483260' date='Oct 19 2007, 05:53 AM
Welcome to the forum!!
What front lips you gonna fit in?ACS? And the quad echausts,intake and chip tuning?
And for the Xenon headlights, you can always go for the aftermarket one for much cheaper price (1000HKD maybe cheaper?). (Genuine BMW retrofit headlights kit will cost you at least 10,000 HKD New headlight units + Xenon + Fitting)
Any pics of your ride btw?
Thanks!

Since this is my first time modding a beamer, I am not that familiar with all the brands. Are there a good online shop I may check out 5 series parts?

I was just thinking of fitting an ACS front lip onto the car cause it's more subtle than the hamann kit (which has a huge opening for the intercooler). As for intake and chip I have no idea what brands are out there. Exhaust - borla or hamann exhaust. I want to get aftermarket xenons as well but I don't know a good shop that can install it and doesn't it void the warranty? Rims - HRD or iforge rims for the car.

There are no pics of my car yet since it is still currently stock but I hope in 2 months I can get all the mods I want get it done - can you recommend a good shop for me to contact for a quote?
Old 10-19-2007, 05:34 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by gearix' post='483401' date='Oct 19 2007, 07:26 AM
Thanks!

Since this is my first time modding a beamer, I am not that familiar with all the brands. Are there a good online shop I may check out 5 series parts?

I was just thinking of fitting an ACS front lip onto the car cause it's more subtle than the hamann kit (which has a huge opening for the intercooler). As for intake and chip I have no idea what brands are out there. Exhaust - borla or hamann exhaust. I want to get aftermarket xenons as well but I don't know a good shop that can install it and doesn't it void the warranty? Rims - HRD or iforge rims for the car.

There are no pics of my car yet since it is still currently stock but I hope in 2 months I can get all the mods I want get it done - can you recommend a good shop for me to contact for a quote?
For the intakes, most ppl use AFE CAI in here....but dont think its avaliable in HK and it will be costy if imported one. Actually i was thinking BMC CDA or Gruppe M intakes for my 530i but i have been told the Grupple M will cost around 12000HKD!! My mate had a 330i with BMC CDA in and it sounds great...but really not sure how it performs alone as his car is heavily modified.

And for the chip tuning, i wanna do that as well but it will not improve the performance as much as u thought maybe just 10bhp or 12bhp and will cost around 2000 to 4000HKD depends on the brands, not sure in HK but in UK,there are hundreds of companies doing chip tuning.

My car has accompanied with Xenon headlight so no need for the aftermarket but i think most shops will do the xenon fitting but just the cost issue,u will need to phone them up and quote a price but it shouldnt be expensive cos its not a difficult task even i did it on my celica by myselfs. (But one you need to concern is the idrive system, as all E60 are equiped with sensitive sensors which detect the faults so make sure u use the right watts vottage Xenon charger, otherwise it will turn up a yellow triangle warning light which u never wanna see in your idrive) For more info,u can search in the forum using search engine on the right hand corner of the web page and loads of discussion have been discussed previously)

BTW....is your car brand new? Facelift model?

Keith
Old 10-19-2007, 10:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by keith84_uk' post='483280' date='Oct 18 2007, 06:38 PM
Welcome to the sub forum Dav!

For the E60 parts most of the people go to the local garage and they will do the jobs for us (Ordering and fitting) like bodykits,swaybars and so on, its hard to recommend any shops therefore. But if its for the after market accessories like 2 way sockets, angel eye, LED , Neon lights or other stuffs, you could go to Monk kok (Dont know whether you still remember where it is). If you want more details, PM me and will send you the map to show you where its about (Google map).

Any pics of your ride btw....

Welcome once again!

Keith
Thanks Keith. I will be looking for after market stuff like you said. I know where Monk Kok is, I'm not that out of touch....yet. I think I know which one you are talking, there are a few accessory stores around the playground near the famous "sneakers" street. I used to shop there for my integra. I didn't know they carry stuff for BMW.

I posted a few pix of my ride in the gallery, please feel free to check it out.

Thanks,
David
Old 10-19-2007, 07:45 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 Silver Grey 523i | Step, M-Kit, M5 Trunk Finisher, 19" ACS Type IV Wheels, Goodyear F1 GS-D3 245/35/19, Grey Dakota Leather, Maple Wood Sycamore Anthracite, Advanced Climate Control, Electric rear sunblind, Electric folding mirrors with automatic anti-dazzle, Lights package, PDC, Rain sensor, Business Radio, CD Changer

A big welcome to all the new members for our HK sub-forum.

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum