E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 10:53 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='398555' date='Mar 5 2007, 02:15 PM
thanks and you should get a smart they are very niffdee. but dont drive too fast in them unless toy put a body kit on cos when doing over 110km the car starts to hover abit too light.
The LED looks better than the white IMO Hope you don't mind.

The smart doesn't go faster then 120km so I think is normal to hover a bit at 110km. But given that you drive 250km all the time, doesn't the smart feels slow at its top speed
Old 03-04-2007, 11:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='398573' date='Mar 5 2007, 03:53 PM
The LED looks better than the white IMO Hope you don't mind.

The smart doesn't go faster then 120km so I think is normal to hover a bit at 110km. But given that you drive 250km all the time, doesn't the smart feels slow at its top speed
that OK I think I heared that so many times now
my smart did 135km top is 140km cos itis turned by Barbus
I know some 1 mod it to go 180km
doing a ton feels like doing $150 in the smart
Old 03-05-2007, 07:05 PM
Contributors

just to let you guys know I just made a 2nd contributed to this great forum.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:33 PM
Contributors

mic325
Wii is out with the all code mod
I will be getting 1 soon $2650 with 1 controler, 5 games and the mod to play all code games.
need to get 2GB ram for my Ferrari notbook going to upgrade to Vista today
Old 03-09-2007, 06:04 PM
Contributors

has any of you have a car that is 01/05 or before if so read this post
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...mp;#entry400985

Master BUNBUN
check this post out read the pdf yours is a 03 right and you still got the warranty on your car right?
if so then phone BMW up and get them to change the rubber door seals for free NOW
Old 03-11-2007, 05:53 AM
Members

Do any of you guys have tint on your cars? I am having a hard time finding tint shops here.

I cannot believe so few people tint their cars here in HK even though it's blazing hot so much of the year. And for the record, I hate those roller blinds, even if their electric.

Oh and as a foreigner I also have another question for you guys - what is up with the total lack of diesels here even with the prevailence of ULSD? It would seem like a no brainer to me since diesel is like 40% less than gas.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:51 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 Silver Grey 523i | Step, M-Kit, M5 Trunk Finisher, 19" ACS Type IV Wheels, Goodyear F1 GS-D3 245/35/19, Grey Dakota Leather, Maple Wood Sycamore Anthracite, Advanced Climate Control, Electric rear sunblind, Electric folding mirrors with automatic anti-dazzle, Lights package, PDC, Rain sensor, Business Radio, CD Changer

Originally Posted by black1444' post='401441' date='Mar 11 2007, 09:53 PM
Do any of you guys have tint on your cars? I am having a hard time finding tint shops here.

I cannot believe so few people tint their cars here in HK even though it's blazing hot so much of the year. And for the record, I hate those roller blinds, even if their electric.

Oh and as a foreigner I also have another question for you guys - what is up with the total lack of diesels here even with the prevailence of ULSD? It would seem like a no brainer to me since diesel is like 40% less than gas.
A few shops in HK do provide tint services, but the cops here are quite strict when it comes to tint, and I think the tolerance on the tint level is quite low.

For the lack of diesel models, we assume it is more a political issue. The tax which the government can charge on gasoline is much higher than the diesel. And in order for a diesel vehicle to register in HK, it has be to register as a commercial vehicle. To satisfy the requirement as posted by the Trasnport Department, a diesel vechicle must have 50% of its available space for goods, and the "storage area" has to be enclosed and separated by a metal divider with the passenger compartment. That's why the Land Rover Discovery TDV6 sell here has the black fiber glass panel instead of regular glass at the back, and you will notice the metal divider between the storage compartment and the rear seats.

I am always hoping BMWHK will import the 530d or the 535d. :thumbsdown:
Old 03-11-2007, 06:24 PM
Contributors

don`t do it wast of time cos you will get a ticket and -3 point on your driving licence , it happen to me before and I needed to take them off.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:34 PM
Contributors

what is up with the total lack of diesels here even with the prevailence of ULSD? It would seem like a no brainer to me since diesel is like 40% less than gas.
lack of diesels cars???
there are no diesels cars in HK, only vans, trucks and lorrys.
as of the petro well if you buy a diesels, government will not be happy cos you not paying them alot of tax.
same gose for the green cars as you can see there are only 2 green car in Hk and loads in UK,
I would like to buy the Hoada Civic Hybri car that is out in UK but I has handa and they say they will never have it in HK :thumbsdown:
Old 03-11-2007, 06:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

The local authority don't like tinted windows and they will pull you over if they see you. Don't do it.

The legislation say that the cabin light penetration rate have to be at least 80% which is what the standard green tints on our car is letting in.

But though it's hot in HK, I found that the problem with the sun is not that unbearable as there are many tall buildings here, we are not really in the direct path of the sun.

As for diesel vehicle, I wish they have it too. With lots of hills to climb and stuff, diesel would make a whole lot of sense but too bad we don't get any here in HK unless you like driving a Hiace around.

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum