E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 05:53 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 BMW 520i E60 in Amethyst Gray

My "engine fault" warning light comes up again. The car is shaking when idling. Probably due to the malfunction of the Spitfire injectors. It's already the second time (last time costed me almost $1.5K to replace one "ginseng"). I will probably change it back to the original ones after diagnois. You never know when is the third time will come. :thumbsdown:

If you plan to install spitfire stuff, think twice !!
Old 03-24-2012, 07:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by deriffic
My "engine fault" warning light comes up again. The car is shaking when idling. Probably due to the malfunction of the Spitfire injectors. It's already the second time (last time costed me almost $1.5K to replace one "ginseng"). I will probably change it back to the original ones after diagnois. You never know when is the third time will come. :thumbsdown:

I was planning to get some but looks like I save the $$$ on some other mods
Old 03-25-2012, 08:07 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by deriffic

Are you sure Splitfire causes that? Be honest here... you sure you weren't at a quiet spot somewhere with a ?

Seriously, I really don't know if it was because I have their whole set or what, I haven't had any problem with Splitfire or Okada Project... the Splitfire still runs perfectly in the E93 today after all these years...
Old 03-25-2012, 08:09 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pinguhk
I was planning to get some but looks like I save the $$$ on some other mods
Hey FJ, you don't need to explain yourself to us, us guys all do wanna get some every now and then, of course we can understand..
Old 03-25-2012, 08:21 AM
Senior Members

"Sing" Bill, I have ordered an extra piece of the top part of the OEM spoiler, so I'm all set to try on that lovely spoiler of yours, text me any time buddy... I'll call AK again to ask about that hood cover one more time
Old 03-25-2012, 05:47 PM
Members

Hong Kong sounds like it would be an awesome vacation. I wonder if I could get an e60 rental over there?
Old 03-25-2012, 06:24 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: e60 525i 2005 with: H&R sway bar, K&N air filter, sprint booster I, split-fire coil, Ferodo Brake pads, M-tech kit, black shadowline (thanks Ricky) Pending : 19' Advan Racing RS with Re-0011 tyre + Koni-FSD with Eibach Sport spring Looking for ?exhaust ? Denson 500 for ipod
Cool

Originally Posted by wnshie
Hey FJ, you don't need to explain yourself to us, us guys all do wanna get some every now and then, of course we can understand..
Haha, our FJ
Old 03-25-2012, 07:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 520i E60 in Amethyst Gray

Originally Posted by wnshie
Are you sure Splitfire causes that? Be honest here... you sure you weren't at a quiet spot somewhere with a ?

Seriously, I really don't know if it was because I have their whole set or what, I haven't had any problem with Splitfire or Okada Project... the Splitfire still runs perfectly in the E93 today after all these years...
Perhaps I got bad luck with them. AK used the computer to check last time and it was indeed the malfunction "Ginseng" that caused the problem. I will be down there tomorrow to install new coilover and check the engine again. Finger-cross...

Honestly I prefer a nice bed with a jacuzzi tube instead inside a car. Anyway, it's good that you still have that thought.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:32 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 1lumpor2
Hong Kong sounds like it would be an awesome vacation. I wonder if I could get an e60 rental over there?
You wouldnt actually need to rent a car...

Much easier to get around by public transport or cabs...

Finding a parking space as well as the traffic would be a pain if you are a tourist.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:11 PM
Senior Members

My brakes have arrived... will prob go down to AK tonight after work!

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum