E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 10:37 PM
smy
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,

I'm a new member here and ashamed to say I need some help right off the bat! I got a 530i which is due for its first annual inspection, unfortunately I need to change my front breaks and rotors back from my AP kit before I can pass my annual inspection.

Just wondering if anyone of you have changed or mod your breaks and have the original break set available?

I really really realy appreciate it for my license is about to expire and require quick resolution.

Thanks so much!!
Old 01-08-2012, 10:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: carbonized MB coupe

if your car is under bmw warranty, than inspection with the AP on will void the warranty on the oem bmw brakes and system eg.hydraulic and brake servo etc only,
for the engine etc it does no affect, but then if it is under h/p you might need to inform your insurance co, who will cover anything for the finance company to cover your ass if the shxt hits the fan.
other guys might have better info, good luck

Originally Posted by smy
Hi all,

I'm a new member here and ashamed to say I need some help right off the bat! I got a 530i which is due for its first annual inspection, unfortunately I need to change my front breaks and rotors back from my AP kit before I can pass my annual inspection.

Just wondering if anyone of you have changed or mod your breaks and have the original break set available?

I really really realy appreciate it for my license is about to expire and require quick resolution.

Thanks so much!!
Old 01-08-2012, 10:58 PM
smy
New Members

Thanks for the info, but the annual inspection I'm refering to is the HK Governement inspection which is required to pass before getting driving permit. At this point, there is no warranty for my car, thus it doesn't really matter what BMW thinks As for insruance company, they don't really care as long as I pay for the insurance premium....
Old 01-09-2012, 12:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by smy
Thanks for the info, but the annual inspection I'm refering to is the HK Governement inspection which is required to pass before getting driving permit. At this point, there is no warranty for my car, thus it doesn't really matter what BMW thinks As for insruance company, they don't really care as long as I pay for the insurance premium....
you mean the 7 year MOT
many have started to have the MOT this year in our club and have to change many parts back to OEM before the MOT
just to let you know what is MOT (Ministry of Transport test) it is a UK thing
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOT_test
Old 01-09-2012, 12:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i Mods: M5 sporty package, M5 Steering wheel, Sprint Booster

Originally Posted by pinguhk
you mean the 7 year MOT
many have started to have the MOT this year in our club and have to change many parts back to OEM before the MOT
just to let you know what is MOT (Ministry of Transport test) it is a UK thing
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOT_test
FJ, the new member ask for help whose have the unused brake kit for him to swap thus to pass the MOT.
He should and don't concern about the MOT contents.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by ricky1329
FJ, the new member ask for help whose have the unused brake kit for him to swap thus to pass the MOT.
He should and don't concern about the MOT contents.
what ever
Old 01-09-2012, 12:58 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by newbie2
Menzerna Power Finish (PO203S)
Menzerna Super Finish (PO106FA)
Chemical Guys - EZ Glaze with Acrylic Shine II

I bought them from UK.

I believe you will not do it yourself.
"St Bill", it took newbie2 8 hrs straight!!
Old 01-09-2012, 01:05 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by smy
Sorry to hear it, but you are asking for something that's fairly hard... because before MOT wasn't so hard to pass, all the mod'ers I know in this forum throw away all the old brake sets when they change their sets to AP/Brembo... all the old OEM sets got turned into Coca Cola or Blue Girls (sold as scrap metals)
Old 01-09-2012, 01:24 AM
Senior Members

St Bill, found some close up photos:

Old 01-09-2012, 04:55 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by wnshie
St Bill, found some close up photos:

awesome.....

do it!

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum